DVDVR Message Board

2024 Wrestling RIP thread

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, hammerva said:

Sad news in the Virginia and North Carolina area of indies as Jermaine Robinson known as Dirty Money passed away. Only 44.  Not sure the cause

Apparently he had undiagnosed blood clots.  

15 hours ago, hammerva said:

Sad news in the Virginia and North Carolina area of indies as Jermaine Robinson known as Dirty Money passed away. Only 44.  Not sure the cause

Dirty was (and it's hard for me to type "was") a great man. This is terrible news and I feel awful for his family.

• Sad 1

Well. Signo was in exactly one match on the '80s lucha set (Americo Rocca, Ringo Mendoza y Tony Salazar vs. Negro Navarro, El Signo y El Texano (Hair vs. Hair) (9/19/86). So I guess he was the member of Misionarios that I probably couldn't have named in a trivia question. Was he a solid hand? Is this an anomaly? 

Solid hand is exactly how I'd describe Signo. Though to be fair the footage we have of those guys in their prime is limited. Navarro has the good rep these days but thats mostly based off his technical wizard stuff of the last 20 years. The trios best worker by far was Texano.

• Like 1

Scott Henson passed away yesterday. Scott was a mainstay in the PNW wrestling scene for years and a really great guy. I had the pleasure of getting to know Scott over the past two years and he was so funny, cool, and just an all around wonderful guy. RIP.

• Sad 2

I just saw him wrestle Friday. That sucks. Myself and a few buddies have been going to SOS Wrestling this year we work with one of the guys so we show our support. Well Big Cat has been at everyone of those shows I’ve gotten to see him wrestle 4 times this year and I remember watching his 321 Battle matches on YouTube. On Friday Henson was opposite Daniel Makabe in a tag match, it was Makabe’s last match in Washington it’s not on YouTube yet but when it is I’ll post it.

Edited by WebConn89

6 hours ago, Johnny Sorrow said:

Scott Henson passed away yesterday. Scott was a mainstay in the PNW wrestling scene for years and a really great guy. I had the pleasure of getting to know Scott over the past two years and he was so funny, cool, and just an all around wonderful guy. RIP.

He also used to post here a lot, didn't he? I know he ran Blue Thunder Video.

34 minutes ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

If he did, it wouldn't surprise me. I met Scott at the second BOOM Pro Wrestling show nearly two years ago. I was the ring announcer and despite years of DJing at a Strip Club or hosting the Frozen Dead Guys Days festival, I was nervous as fuck. Even more so, because Max Mitchell, the boss and my friend, introduced me to the crew before the show while also telling them that I'd be asking them to sign the paperwork that prevented Max from getting sued. I spent the pre show approaching all the talent to ask them how they wanted to be introduced, while also half heartedly asking them to sign the stupid paperwork. It was awkward, and there were a few wrestlers who were great about it. I got enough from everyone for detailed announcing, and some of the boys were surprisingly shy. Nicole Matthews was awesome. She just said, "Don't mess up my name." with a smile. 

Scott was the mystery opponent for Tony Baroni that night. It was a surprise. Scott still was one of the first wrestlers to find me to go over his entrance. I told him, "Thanks, but I'm not introducing you, Cat Power is." And he made a joke, we laughed and that was that. 

We had him on our YouTube show last year and he fucking slayed. It was so much fun, and it's a fucking drag that I'll never get to hang with him again. Two times and he made an impact. 

Edited by Johnny Sorrow
  • Sad 1

RIP Jamie Stacy AKA James Castle, UK indie wrestler (heavily involved in Rev Pro). Battled Leukaemia for 4 years. Jamie Hayter was named Jamie as a rib on him.

16 hours ago, Stefanie Sparkleface said:

He was Mokujin Scott. The guy who Daniel Makabe told the story about at the end of DEAN~!.

• Like 3
  • Sad 8