DVDVR Message Board

UFC Fight Night 33: Hunt vs. Bigfoot (12/6/2013) - Brisbane, Queensland, Australia (Brisbane Entertainment Centre)

Elsalvajeloco

Personally, I think the fight probably should've been stopped in round 4.  But then people would've complained it should've gone to the fifth round.  

I worry about fighters getting brain damage and how this will affect them later.  But this is still a combat sport and its dangerous, so I don't know what else you can really say or do if the fighters are willing to do what they do and voluntarily accept the risk.  There is some amount of danger and risk in many sports.  These guys in football are getting brain damage as well and being driven to suicide.  I'm not saying its OK, but people aren't going to tune out of the NFL anytime soon.  

People have actually died competing in Formula 1 and NASCAR.  Yet they still continue on.  

Yeah, I would have had no problem with the fight being stopped when Bigfoot had the mount.  Ref was getting booed heavily from an early stoppage on the prelims, so I think he wanted to get out of the arena with his scalp.

• Like 1