DVDVR Message Board

2013 NFL: WEEK 14

RIPPA

Detroit strikes me as odd, because I could see them getting blown-out by 40 in the first round, or I could see Stafford getting hot and them pulling off a couple upsets before getting blown-out by 40 in Seattle in the NFC title game.

Who can beat Seattle in the NFC?

Call me crazy... call me fucking insane....   I think the Cowboys could do it. NOBODY would expect it but look at the talent Dallas has on offense. Seattle's one weakness right now is at receiver and that's good for Dallas..  They owe it to Romo

I thought I'd take more enjoyment out of FSW fully understand what it is to be a Lions fan, instead it just is kinda depressing. Like looking a 8 year old straight in the eyes after they found out Santa isn't real.

This forums youthful innocence has died.

I got nothing pal. I only have one direction left to go.

You are a Lions fan. Every single time you think you have hit your rock bottom, there is always next week.

Like I said: one direction.

It's time to become the most diabolical hater this side of the Mississippi

filepicker%2FExyMepqKTGyISMuIhvkb_tumblr

The fact this isn't a gif that is completely still other then Charlie Murphy doing his headshake thing made me sad.

The crazy thing about the NFL is when you think you have shit all figured out, you really don't.  Even though right at this moment it looks like there are three clear cut legit contenders in the NFC and everyone else is an also-ran, you just don't know.  One of the recent years when the Giants won the Super Bowl they finished the season 9-7 and barely squeaked into the playoffs.  And not only that but with only like four games to go in the regular season people were talking about Coughlin getting fired etc.  And then they go on a run to end the season and win the whole thing. 

What I would love would be for two teams in the NFC east to make the playoffs.  People have been talking all season about how shitty that division is.  SF and Carolina are both 9-4 and two teams in the East have 5 losses.  It would be hilarious if both the Cowboys and the Eagles each got to at least 10 wins and one squeaked out a wildcard spot. 

It sounds like all the major networks are at Redskins Park this morning.  So either the axe is falling on the Red Lobster's head or a much much better coaches pre conference at 2:00

I'm assuming Rippa called out sick from work and is skipping around the stadium giggling like a psychopath. 

bZ1XI.gif

I really feel like the Lions will get blown at in the playoffs but that is until they actually begin. Once we enter the playoffs, all bets are off. Seattle seems unbeatable now but who knows in the playoffs. Anything can happen there.

Especially with Ed Hoculli roaming around making(up) calls.

I'm gonna miss Mike Shanahan. He was the only head coach to actually match his team's colors. You don't see Coughlin turning blue or Payton turning black and gold. So that was cool and all.

• Like 1

Terrible news.

Rob Gronkowski has been told he has to play football this weekend if he wants to earn a salary.  

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000265177/article/rob-gronkowski-cleared-to-play-for-patriots

Let's set the over under on the first sunday of December for him getting hurt again; I'll take the over, but just barely. . .

Well I guess I called it.. . .

• Like 1

I don't see why anyone would be discussing the Lions in the playoffs when they only have a half game on the Pack. The race for the NFC North is far from over.

With how generally shitty the nfl has been this year, anytime you can think/talk playoffs you should. . . .

You know the Booker-Man Goodell has already set it up for Week 17 Bears vs. Packers NFC North on the line. Cutty vs. Double Check. 

Bears play Dallas and then Philly in two weeks. Both will do the J-O-B to keep their races even. And what's this? Week 17 Dallas vs. Philly with the NFC East on the line. DOUBLE MAIN EVENT.

And the talking heads get to LOL at the Detroit FAIL narrative, and their coach gets blown up so a new coach will come in to bring discipline to the team. Lovie Smith. 

It's all there.

• Like 1