DVDVR Message Board

King of the Hill is the best animated show ever

Fat Spanish Waiter

Last time I post a Yoshi Tatsu picture, Brutus.

Alright, I will make a definitive statement:

The part of America I generally write off en masse is the part that tends to put high school football above everything else in the community. 

I could still totally be a Senator. 

Also, this:

6xjJb.gif

And maybe this:

sms090812-06.gif

I would say I would pull up the threads of you flip-flopping on wrestlers during March Madness to draw attention to your horrendous politicking that Americans have grown weary of, but those have been conveniently destroyed.

Hmmmm...

I would say I would pull up the threads of you flip-flopping on wrestlers during March Madness to draw attention to your horrendous politicking that Americans have grown weary of, but those have been conveniently destroyed.

Hmmmm...

That's exactly the sort of crap that gets people elected these days. 

If you're going to pull something up find the Demolition Project or my Rockers Cage Match rant. 

You ever try explaining Watergate to an 11 year old? They sure teach them to be patriotic in school these days. Is Neo-McCarthyism a thing? His Social Studies teacher is really frustrated because he keeps making up stories about vultures eating his grandfather and what not to get out of doing things he doesn't want to do, like learn about social studies, so I told the kid to ask him about it instead. 

KING OF THE HILL is a pastoral utopia that posits the notion that most people are basically good.

DARIA is ultimately dystopian in that it posits that, even when people try to do good, they are too ignorant and confused and messed up to do anything but harm. 

In KotH, good intentions are enough to uplift you to somehow finding the right path.  Even the "villains" in DARIA aren't "evil"...they're actually pretty well-meaning, but clumsy and dumb.  In Daria's reality, intentions don't matter.  Only actions.

I need both of them.

Dissenting opinion: It ran too long and was too slice of life to be as devoted to status quo as it was. The lack of character growth becomes obnoxious after a while, in particular with Karma Houdini Peggy, who i consider to be nothing less than the most unlikeable character in the history of the medium of television.

It has more character growth than any other animated show, but the point about Peggy is fair.

She did break her back falling out of a plane though. And there was the child aduction.

Hate her or whatever, but Peggy have some of the best lines in the show.

Dissenting opinion: It ran too long and was too slice of life to be as devoted to status quo as it was. The lack of character growth becomes obnoxious after a while, in particular with Karma Houdini Peggy, who i consider to be nothing less than the most unlikeable character in the history of the medium of television.

It has more character growth than any other animated show, but the point about Peggy is fair.

She did break her back falling out of a plane though. And there was the child aduction.

Hate her or whatever, but Peggy have some of the best lines in the show.

*had