DVDVR Message Board

I'm thinking Hunico might be Sin Cara going forward.  Those tattoos are going to be hard to explain being missing unless they think the fans are just idiots.

Invisible ink tattoos, takes the lighting gimmick down with it.

I think for Bad News Barrett to properly work, he needs to lay out people with the loaded elbow or the above mentioned Barrett Blaster and then give the bad news line. But man there's a real disconnect between Bad News Barrett on the JBL show and the one from last night. The one on the JBL show seems so much more natural while the one last night seemed so forced.

It's over scripting. They really should just give people bullet points and tell them to hit those marks.

After a bit of time to think about it, Stephanie reminded me of Peggy Bundy last night. While not as fabulous as Mrs. Bundy, the way Stephanie talked up HHH last night was like each time everyone knew Al sucked in bed and Peggy would say something like "You rocked my world, Al." to Al's face while telling the woman literally next to her "Not really."

Only problem is that HHH isn't as manly or likeable as Al Bundy.

• Like 5

John Cena calling 11-time world champion Randy Orton an underachiever who never reached his potential got a slight chuckle out of me.

He's an underachiever if he had the potential and the ability to be a 16-time world champion. Ken Griffey Jr. was a guy who achieved a lot in baseball, but at the same time was an underachiever who never reached his full potential.

Wade Barrett is a prime example of why wrestling is suffering without competition. This is a guy who could have walked to WCW the moment someone was like 'we want you to sit a podium and say generic heel statements about hometowns.' Not my favorite wrestler by any stretch, but the dude deserves better.

• Like 3

I think I'm the only one here who really likes it when Cena and Orton feud. Of course, I'd rather the undisputed gimmick be used to cement new guys like Punk and Bryan, but I don't mind Cena and Orton having a main event angle at all. I thought Orton's promo was one of his better ones lately, but then Cena just obliterated him with a really underrated promo of his own. The "underachiever" line only works coming from John Cena because he absolutely has overshadowed Orton every step of the way and everyone knows it. Coming from anyone else, it wouldn't work, but with Cena, it was awesome. They always have good matches together too, so I'm excited for what they can do in a TLC, even if I fear for Cena's life at this point.

The 6-man was good as expected, and Goldust continues to be awesome. Good to see the Shield has finally learned how to beat him, though.

Also I really hope something happens next week so we don't get two fucking 3 on 1 handicap matches on a ppv. Despite liking everyone involved sans Rowan, I have no desire to see either of those matches. It's bad enough when that shit's on Raw. Get the Rhodes Brothers and the Usos in there for an elimination tables match.

John Cena calling 11-time world champion Randy Orton an underachiever who never reached his potential got a slight chuckle out of me.

He's an underachiever if he had the potential and the ability to be a 16-time world champion. Ken Griffey Jr. was a guy who achieved a lot in baseball, but at the same time was an underachiever who never reached his full potential.

Griffey jr. was massively talented in everything he does.  Randy Orton is a good hand wrestler with very little charisma.  He has vastly over-achieved.

Griffey jr. was massively talented in everything he does.  Randy Orton is a good hand wrestler with very little charisma.  He has vastly over-achieved.

Sixth all-time in HRs, arguably the best defensive CF of all-time -- I'd do absolutely anything to be compared in my professional career to Ken Griffey, Jr.

The expectations for Griffey were "best of all-time" or at least unquestionably the best of his era. For Orton, it was to be THE guy.

Both have been very successful, but one can argue they fell short.

I think I'm the only one here who really likes it when Cena and Orton feud.

Not the only one, I've been excited about it ever since they had Orton tease Cena about cashing in the MITB briefcase on him. But it does seem like no one else is interested for some reason. I mean, I think the ending to the Daniel Bryan/Authority angle was garbage and The Authority angle itself has gone off the rails, but Cena is Orton's best opponent and they always have good matches together.

I think I'm the only one here who really likes it when Cena and Orton feud. Of course, I'd rather the undisputed gimmick be used to cement new guys like Punk and Bryan, but I don't mind Cena and Orton having a main event angle at all. I thought Orton's promo was one of his better ones lately, but then Cena just obliterated him with a really underrated promo of his own. The "underachiever" line only works coming from John Cena because he absolutely has overshadowed Orton every step of the way and everyone knows it. Coming from anyone else, it wouldn't work, but with Cena, it was awesome. They always have good matches together too, so I'm excited for what they can do in a TLC, even if I fear for Cena's life at this point.

I wasn't watching when they feuded in 2009, so I didn't get the EPOCH-ness the WWE tried to make their 2010 stuff. But it's been over 3 years since they have done anything meaningful together. I can understand not being the most enthused about the match.. But it's well fucking due that they would be feuding again.

And I really don't get the "cement" Punk part. The guy has been on WWE TV for 7 years. That's almost a decade. And despite what the interwebbers think, it ain't like they haven't actively tried to make Punk a top tier guy. If he ain't at *that* level yet, he ain't never gonna be at *that* level yet.

• Like 2