DVDVR Message Board

Dude, on Twitter for the last X-number of days (into the 200's now) Brodus Clay has been tweeting nothing but pictures of him at the gym, talking about his diet & how motivated he is & shit. He looked FAT. AS. FUCK. Tonight. Just terrible. What the hell is he doing!? And putting those generic-ass Dollar General "spikes" on his singlet certainly didn't do him any favors, nor did his repeated attempts of mocking R-Truth's dance gyration. Just a total shit sandwich.

Dude, on Twitter for the last X-number of days (into the 200's now) Brodus Clay has been tweeting nothing but pictures of him at the gym, talking about his diet & how motivated he is & shit. He looked FAT. AS. FUCK. Tonight. 

He did look like he had more upper body muscle tonight.

• Like 1

I'm thinking Hunico might be Sin Cara going forward.  Those tattoos are going to be hard to explain being missing unless they think the fans are just idiots.

thumb_Spiderman_3_Smile.jpg

Another classic Shield/Rhodes tag. Such a fantastic half a year in terms of match quality.

• Like 1

I think they are booking the unification match here because they are banking on a bump in orders for TLC.

They know the Rumble will draw without it, as will Mania. That leaves TLC or EC to crown a single champion before Mania and I think they want as much time to establish the single champion before Mania as possible.

Let's see him do it live, though. Because anytime he does one live he usually bombs.

It's the same issue Jake Roberts had back in the day. Sounds great on tape, but loses a crowd when live.

So then why have him do it live at all?? Bray and Jake have a soft-spoken nature that is better suited for backstage stuff. So why would you purposely put him in a position to fail? Play to his strengths.

The six man tag ruled again, Goldust busting out a diving swinging 'rana was incredible. Thought Bryan/Rowan was good stuff too. Enjoyed Alberto vs "Sin Cara" and Summer Rae is fantastic. Also like the new We the People ring jackets. Always love Cena's more serious stuff on the mic, pretty good exchange and ending brawl. Seems weird that there's now 5 matches for TLC already but they aren't doing any of them as tables match, ladder match, or chairs match like they've always done for the TLC PPV.

Dude, on Twitter for the last X-number of days (into the 200's now) Brodus Clay has been tweeting nothing but pictures of him at the gym, talking about his diet & how motivated he is & shit. He looked FAT. AS. FUCK. Tonight. Just terrible. What the hell is he doing!? And putting those generic-ass Dollar General "spikes" on his singlet certainly didn't do him any favors, nor did his repeated attempts of mocking R-Truth's dance gyration. Just a total shit sandwich.

hey man, he's drinking water and reading newspapers like there's no tomorrow, he's working out... his mind!

When I first heard Bad News Barrett- I was thinking Barrett as some no-nonsense Bad News Brown-type character just beating the crap out of people.  I'm so disappointed.  Barrett is someone the WWE has no idea what to do with- very good worker and talker, should have a much better run then he has had,

• Like 7

I found the whole thing a little sad.  In my younger days, I would make damn sure I was at RAW when it came to OKC in the best possible seats I could get.  Now, I get home from work, and didn't remember they were even here until two minutes into the show.  I kept waiting for something to happen to make me regret not being there live, but it just never did.  The Shield were great, and I loved the finish, but everything else was so forgettable.  Aside from Cole's weird heeling on Oklahoma for no reason.

Am I being that big a fan boy if I think that was the best promo in years?

Considering you call every Rhodes/Shield match the greatest match in wrestling history, I just think you're a big fan of hyperbole.

Yeah, but it's the best hyperbole in years.

• Like 4

I found the whole thing a little sad.  In my younger days, I would make damn sure I was at RAW when it came to OKC in the best possible seats I could get.  Now, I get home from work, and didn't remember they were even here until two minutes into the show.  I kept waiting for something to happen to make me regret not being there live, but it just never did.  The Shield were great, and I loved the finish, but everything else was so forgettable.  Aside from Cole's weird heeling on Oklahoma for no reason.

Am I being that big a fan boy if I think that was the best promo in years?

Considering you call every Rhodes/Shield match the greatest match in wrestling history, I just think you're a big fan of hyperbole.

Yeah, but it's the best hyperbole in years.

Well, when was the last time there was a promo that good? Some of the Heyman stuff was on that level. AJ's Pipebombshell was terrific. But aside from that, I'm hard-pressed to think of anything. Point me to something if I'm missing out but that as a terrific promo and I can't for the life of me think of something that good. ESPECIALLY when it's from someone playing a character not "an extension of themselves" or some such. Punk was awesome with the Straight Edge Society and I can't remember anything in between as compelling, smart and twisted.

I refuse to accept Bad News Barrett as Bad News Barrett until he shaves his head, wears a black glove, and refers to fans as beer-belly sharecropers.

His big ass probably can't get high enough in the air to hit an enziguri (THE BARRETT BLASTER~!), so i'll leave him his Wasteland finisher or whatever he calls it now..

• Like 5