DVDVR Message Board

THIS SHOW SUCKED. Watch Punk's singing "don't give a flying fuck" promo, THE AWESOME SHIELD SIX-MAN TAG and maybe a compilation of JBL's worst commentary tonight. This was easily the worst night he's ever had as a commentator. The contract signing took forever and they basically told you this would be the greatest hits version of their past matches, but with two belts on the line...maybe possibly making a unified champion that may or may not be called The Unified Championship based on the app vote. THE MOST HISTORIC MATCH IN WWE HISTORY sure doesn't feel like it.

http://jayreviewsthings.blogspot.com/2013/12/raw-12-2-13.html

Screens -

cb8366292466137.jpg

11 WWE Titles, 2 left arms

b33a39292458671.jpg

ac05ee292474479.jpg

http://www.imagebam.com/gallery/fgqnfgy40h9cy2khx1rwzpslmcw9yv8e

• Like 1

Was Hunico wrestling as Sin Cara tonight? That damn sure wasn't the original guy. Funny if they try to push Sin Cara again with Hunico under the mask for a match with Mysterio.

So tired of Main Event Contract Signings. Absolutely the laziest booking device in wrestling and WWE creative seems to rely on it on a monthly basis nowadays. That segment deserved every second of the apathetic crowd reaction it got.

I only watched the beginning since my clearly legal feed was crapping out and I had some stuff to do. I liked Steph using her best awful corporate honcho voice. Kane was even better -- I never would have guessed that dude would be great as a "general counsel" character.

The D-Bry/Rowan match was very good. My feed was disjointed but it looked awesome. It felt like a backwoods monster was finally starting to figure things out against a guy who has been batted down over the past few months, including being physically beaten and left in some abandoned parking lot last week. I loved D-Bry getting a roll-up win -- D-Bry should win, but he needed a flash pin to defeat the monster.

And then there was Bray's promo. Am I being that big a fan boy if I think that was the best promo in years? I'm trying to think of when I liked a promo as much. Maybe when Punk interrupted Rey's daughters birthday celebration? This was so great and awesome and spellbinding.

That was all I watched.

Barrett's new gimmick actually got a chuckle out of me in the "it's so horrid it's funny" department with the constipation line.

I'm wondering if the powers that be have actually been reading peoples' comments about Rowan's sub-par ringwork and intentionally giving him more ring time with quality wrestlers.  He worked most of the tag match last week and got a good amount of time with Danielson this week and is looking considerably better.

They need to get rid of either MITB or TLC.  There are two many ppvs as it is and having two both based around ladder match gimmicks is incredibly redundant.  HIAC and EC are kinda the same.  They should keep the HIAC gimmick just as an ultimate feud blowoff match but not build an annual ppv out of it.

• Like 1

I feel like Erick Rowan needs to sit down with some Kamala matches or something and learn to work as though he doesn't really know the rules of pro wrestling. I think it would go a long way towards masking his limitations. Tonight's match, for example, was clipping along until he kept going for rope breaks. No giant swamp monster should ever go for a rope break under any circumstances.

The six man was great. Everything the shield does is great. Everything Goldust does is great.

Can we also talk about the roll ups? I felt like I was watching a Colliseum video.

The fact that Sin Cara managed to go a match without injuring himself proves it was actually Hunico.

Well, he did bounce his head off the ground doing that Asai Moonsault. 

But yeah, it's Hunico. Misticara tweeted just after the match. He's in Mexico, eating.

I found the whole thing a little sad.  In my younger days, I would make damn sure I was at RAW when it came to OKC in the best possible seats I could get.  Now, I get home from work, and didn't remember they were even here until two minutes into the show.  I kept waiting for something to happen to make me regret not being there live, but it just never did.  The Shield were great, and I loved the finish, but everything else was so forgettable.  Aside from Cole's weird heeling on Oklahoma for no reason.

Am I being that big a fan boy if I think that was the best promo in years?

Considering you call every Rhodes/Shield match the greatest match in wrestling history, I just think you're a big fan of hyperbole.

• Like 3

They could have just given Sin Cara to Samuray Del Sol

Maybe he could be the real Sin Cara returning to fight Hunicara

I'd be fine with that. It's kind of amusing to watch WWE do what AAA did, although I doubt WWE will wind up with two draws that they can get a big draw out of with this kind of deal.

I hope when the real Sin Card returns they make him get an ugly sleave of tattoos just so they match up and there's continuity between the two.

Man this show was boring as hell. I powered my way through the first hour but then saw that the Wendi vs. Cartman episode of South Park was on so I had to watch that at 9. I did get a good laugh when Triple H was saying how the unification match wasn't something they came up with on a whim. That was some world class sarcasm right there.

This show felt so thrown together. I guess Natalya is due for a Divas title run. AJ randomly skipping and then getting tagged in only to get rolled up was hilarious. Even funnier was post match when she got all pissed and a second later switched and was all la la la. Speaking of the diva's show, I guess Brodus Clay is now a heel because he lost his Funkadactyls.

The news reports of the writing team being over worked and on pins and needles must be true. This show had no real focus what so ever. Hot shotting what should be a Wrestlemania main event onto a throw away ppv is like a huge red flag. I mean they might as well have people holding signs that say SOS off the side of Titan Tower.