DVDVR Message Board

2013-2014 NCAA FOOTBALL OFFSEASON

RIPPA

To add some levity to what has been a really serious set of posts, trending on Twitter tonight is the name of Jamal Adams. He's a 5 star high school player (defensive back) who today played at the Under Armor All American Game not that far from me in St. Petersburg. Those games are now known for players announcing where they will go to college.

Well, Adams told the whole world at the game he is going to LSU.. or as he said it, "The University of LSU". Fair or not, this doesn't help the stereotype that many have of the typical big time college athlete.

I don't remember any of the names - but the crazy Mom from a few years ago who was bitter that her son chose Alabama over Auburn was at it again last night since he other son didn't choose Auburn either.

And those uniforms and team names were hideous but of course high school kids loved them.

I am old.

I don't remember any of the names - but the crazy Mom from a few years ago who was bitter that her son chose Alabama over Auburn was at it again last night since he other son didn't choose Auburn either.

It was defensive back Landon Collins, and his mom wanted him to go to LSU.  When he chose Alabama, she ran off with his letter of intent and the kid had to get his dad to sign another one that Alabama faxed over.  There was talk on her side about bringing in lawyers to prevent Landon from going to Tuscaloosa, because he clearly had been tricked by Nick Saban.

With her younger son going to Florida, you'd think the lady would know that her kids are just not that into being around her, but she seems oblivious.  Amazing.

It was defensive back Landon Collins, and his mom wanted him to go to LSU.  When he chose Alabama, she ran off with his letter of intent and the kid had to get his dad to sign another one that Alabama faxed over.  There was talk on her side about bringing in lawyers to prevent Landon from going to Tuscaloosa, because he clearly had been tricked by Nick Saban.

With her younger son going to Florida, you'd think the lady would know that her kids are just not that into being around her, but she seems oblivious.  Amazing.

For those smarter than me. Wouldn't there be some legal issue against the mom taking off with the letter?

I suppose there could be, but it's really not that big of a deal because each school has it's own unique LOI and it's nothing for the school to fax a new one over. It's not like she could've scratched out Alabama and written in "University of LSU."

• Like 2

I suppose there could be, but it's really not that big of a deal because each school has it's own unique LOI and it's nothing for the school to fax a new one over. It's not like she could've scratched out Alabama and written in "University of LSU."

Makes sense. Thanks.

If they hire James Franklin, the headline should be, "It's Official: Rape Okay at Penn State."

Wasn't that always the official headline?

If they hire James Franklin, the headline should be, "It's Official: Rape Okay at Penn State."

Only unofficially, mostly with their fans

Not counting Sandusky, paterno, the old athletic director and president obviously. . .

Not counting Sandusky, paterno, the old athletic director and president obviously. . .

Well obiviously.

All the PSU and Miami sites are reporting that Golden has been offered the job and intends to take it. Miami already at work on forming a search committee.

So now the eyes of the college football world turn to Coral Gables. I know there's popular support for Chudzinski, but you'd have to think Strong could be a player there, too, considering all the work he's done in that state. Miami is his home away from home in recruiting. Of course, he might not want to go somewhere he has to directly compete with what he built at Louisville.