DVDVR Message Board

So what'd you get for the holidays, Murgatroyd?

Pete

Socks

Throwback Macho Man T-Shirt

"Married With Children" No M'aam T-Shirt

Grand Theft Auto V

Some flannel PJ's from the In-laws

A Quentin Tarantino Blu-Ray box set

Beats by Dre Studio headphones (this was actually a birthday present from two weeks ago)

All I got were mainly clothes, but the joy I got was that I helped my mom find Disney infinity for one of my nephews, she didn't know what that was so I helped her find it for him. And when he opened it, the excitement he got when he saw it was just great. Made my Christmas knowing I helped find that for him

• Like 1

I had three Christmases yesterday. Two in KC and one in STL. I still have another with my mom and sister tomorrow.

Most of my gifts were fitness-related; a bosu ball, athletic shoes, workout clothes and a "Game Over" shirt from my wife.

I had a pretty good haul this year.  The GF got me the Criterion Collection of The Life Aquatic and The Darjeeling Limited plus a new wallet and Nick Offerman's book.  The family got me a big UW-Milwaukee beer stein, some pickles and sausages from a bad-ass butcher shop, and a gently-used mandoline.  I already got my big gift, which was a trip to Chicago for the Champion's Classic last month to see KU beat Duke.

I was mostly just excited to be able to get gifts for everyone since I was unemployed and broke this time last year.

I got....

-A case for the 3DS I bought myself last month

-A year tacked on to my XBL sub

-$20 GNC giftcard

-$20 Nintendo e-shop giftcard

-RE: Operation Raccoon City

-$20 Wawa giftcard

-Something like four Ravens shirts

-Cash, cash, and more cash

Welp, time to buy myself a tablet in the next couple of weeks!

A t-shirt, a homemade quilt, some pajama pants, a few books and some kitchen stuff. 

The strangest gift that I got was a framed picture of my wife, which started an argument.

Someone explain to me why I need another photograph of my wife. I live with her. I have two pictures of her in my office. 

I went in with really low expectations this year because pretty much my whole family is in the financial blender. But a Team Canada hockey jersey qualifies as a pleasant surprise.

Also my mom, who is a fellow Trekkie, got me the weirdest cool Trek book: http://www.amazon.com/Paper-Universe-Star-Trek-Andrew/dp/0671042157 I have serious doubts my art skills are up to par of creating a paper DS9, but what the hell. Winter is realllllllly long here. And it's such a relatively bizarre, unique Trek item I can see why she couldn't pass on it.

Mostly this was a year of practical gifts for me, and I was cool with that.

Between what I bought myself for Christmas/Birthday/Long Fucking Year and I deserve something nice, and gifts from family.

Tomb Raider

Minecraft

NHL 14

NCAA 2013

Dishonored

Far Cry 3

Batman Arkham Origins

FIFA 14

A freaking fantastic Blues Throwback Hoodie that I love to death.

12 month subscription to Netflix

And a bunch of clothes I bought on clearence. Employee discount is kinda awesome.

The strangest gift that I got was a framed picture of my wife, which started an argument.

Someone explain to me why I need another photograph of my wife. I live with her. I have two pictures of her in my office. 

My response to this argument depends entirely on how long you've been married.

A t-shirt, a homemade quilt, some pajama pants, a few books and some kitchen stuff.

Was she naked in it? Otherwise I've only got one picture of my wife, and it's at least 15 years old. Why not a picture of your dog(s)?

Was she naked in it? Otherwise I've only got one picture of my wife, and it's at least 15 years old. Why not a picture of your dog(s)?

If you ask my wife for naked pics on twitter you are on my dunzo list.

My wife has presented me with pictures of my dogs for my office. I WILL NEVER WIN

I got a selection of things that don't really matter, but my Mum crushed it for the old man. He served in Berlin with the British Army, and she somehow found a book written about the British Army in Berlin by one of his old friends. Turns out he even got a call out in the acknowledgements.

They divorced 15 years ago and my Mum talks to him like once a year. Unreal.

• Like 2