DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

The hipster should go on a tear of a winning streak, just for someone to figure out the only way to defeat him/her is with a hip toss.

"It's a cravat, you've probably never heard of it!"

• Like 2

Whilst on this tangent, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the first Russo era of WCW is one of the more underrated periods of wrestling going around. Rewatching it today, it shits all over anything in today's product. You could even stretch it to about when Bret first returns after Owen's death.

Match quality wasn't great, but the storylines made sense, the right guys got given the right amonut of TV time, guys  had direction/characters, and they did the best with what they had.

Meng was the most over guy on the roster at the time, and they ran with it. Duggan was hilarious in his role. Even Luger was a great heel.

Could have done without every promo containing "I've got your _____, right here!", and the Bret heel turn was a little too telegraphed. Otherwise, it's been enjoyable re-watching it. From about post Spring Stampede to Road Wild though makes for some horrible viewing though.

• Like 1

Daniel Bryan is probably the closest thing to a hipster gimmick. From Seattle? check. Long beard? check. Vegan? check. Was in an ironic tag-team? check. Also add in all the "moves your probably never heard of".

Edit: He also apparently recorded a single with Kimya Dawson. C'mon guys!

• Like 2

Not trying to start nothin', but the way the crowd wasn't having of the "YES! YES! YES!" chant on the Tribue to the Troops show this year made me slightly chuckle.The whole roster couldn't get the crowd moving for the chant and it looked embarrassing. lol

• Like 1

Hating on hipsters is so 2010, hating on neckbeards is where it's at.

So what you're saying is, you were hating on hipsters before it was cool, but now that it's gone all mainstream, you've moved on?

Exactly, you've probably never heard of neckbeards. 

Something that's been on my mind for awhile ...

Everyone gives Paul Heyman shit for being a liar/conman/whatever. 

Why do guys like Lawler and Jerry Jarrett get a pass though? I've never seen any guy take either of them to task considering they robbed alot of guys blind, conned and lied to alot of guys just as badly, and probably over a longer period of time, as Heyman did.