DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

Only reason why I say John Cena = Metallica is that people yearned so much for Metallica to stop cranking out the safe nu-metal bullshit and get back to the Master of Puppets/Ride the Lightning era. Similarly, people want John Cena to develop more of an edge again and get back to being the Doctor of Thugonomics. Each has gone back to their roots in some degree, but to varying results.

So would Brian Pillman = Kurt Cobain?

I can buy Dustin Rhodes/Goldust being the U2 of Wrestling. If Atchung Baby was when he switched from The Natural to Goldust, then POP is when he went from Goldust to that freakish bondage period with Luna Vachon. Lets all be thankful he never came out in a gigantic lemon.

Punk is obviously John Lennon. Loves to do controversial things and his biggest hit has been played to death.

Jealous Guy > Imagine.

• Like 1

I can buy Dustin Rhodes/Goldust being the U2 of Wrestling. If Atchung Baby was when he switched from The Natural to Goldust, then POP is when he went from Goldust to that freakish bondage period with Luna Vachon. Lets all be thankful he never came out in a gigantic lemon.

Punk is obviously John Lennon. Loves to do controversial things and his biggest hit has been played to death.

Jealous Guy > Imagine.

YOU EVEN HAVE SHIT OPINIONS ON MUSIC MY GOD

• Like 1

4 Horseman as N.W.A. Group of dudes who created quite the legacy for themselves, were most popular in the late-80's early 90's, and you did not fuck with.

And became pussies when they got older?

Now I want to see an Ice Cube and Ric Flair buddy comedy.

• Like 4

Jealous Guy > Imagine.

Pop was a horrible U2 album and Goldust from like 98-2000 was a horrible period.

Jealous Guy > Imagine.

Pop was a horrible U2 album and Goldust from like 98-2000 was a horrible period.

He was still really good then. 

On Davey Richards:

Originally ROH had was planned to announce a tag team match for Final Battle today, featuring Roderick Strong & Jay Lethal vs the American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City, what was to be the final schedule appearance of the Wolves. This match was scheduled after two very competitive singles matches in Dearborn, Michigan, that saw Lethal take on Edwards, and Strong take on Richards; a tag team match. Four of ROH's best going at it, not for titles, or even bragging rights, but for honor.

Both Richards and Edwards do not have any upcoming ROH appearances following Final Battle because of commitments and endeavors, that will prevent them wrestling full time for ROH.

However, due to recent events, Davey Richards has been removed from the Final Battle match by ROH management due to his unprofessionalism and unreliability with the company.

A mystery tag team partner is being searched for by ROH Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness to take Richard's spot in the match. Nigel has guaranteed ROHWrestling.com that the replacement will not only meet the expectations of the American Wolves farewell match, but will raise the bar of the show. With so many limitless possibilities, who will Nigel choose for ROH's biggest show of the year? He promises that the match WILL NOT disappoint. Fans, You can't miss this one.

"Unprofessionalism and unreliability". Ouch.

little late but 2 decent stories about meeting guys.

probably 99 or 200 or so, I was in highschool at a comic con.  Beforehand I knew the million dollar man was going to be there so I brought his book.  I go up to him and see that there are no signs or anything about meeting him, no prices, nothing about buying a photo and an autograph, also no line at all.  so I just walk up and try to talk to him and virgil, of course.  Next thing I know he just kind of takes my book and signs it.  Then demands 20 dollars.  I tried to explain that I wasn't aware he was going to sign it, and I was kind of just strolling up curious (probably would have paid 5 dollars).  Next thing I know virgil is like standing next to me and essentially I got shook down.  Later in the day I found a comic book dude named "black bastard", it was some tall ass dude dressed as a pimp from the comic "black bastard".  Anyway, I told him the story and him, me and his entourage confronted dibiase and virigl.  It was pretty sick and it was on the internet for a bit.

A few years larry zbyszko was in town for a show.  After the show we went down to the afterhours bar where the wrestlers and their families go (its weird and goes til at least 4am, that's the latest I've been there).  BSed with Larry for a while about weird stuff, including christmas.  I think we were talking as a mother and daughter karaoked "I'm Proud to be an american"

Virgil hustled me out of $5 at the NWA Legends of Wrestling fanfest in Charlotte a few years ago. I paid $15 for a picture with him. All I had were twenties so I gave him one and he told me he didn't have change. He offered me an autographed picture (really just a crappy printout of a WWF magazine with him and DiBiase on the cover) for $5. Now keep in mind he'd been charging $15 all day and I'd seen people give him fives. I just didn't push the issue however as I considered it an honor to be carnied out of $5 by the Million Dollar Man's lackey. I guess DiBiase is right in that everybody's got a price. Mine just happened to be $5.

• Like 1

Midnight Express pretty much has to be Van Halen, right?

originally a kick ass group (Condrey/Eaton-Roth), then a main member left and they came back still awesome yet different entirely (Eaton/Lane-Hagar), then they tried to reinvent themselves and it was just terrible (NEW Midnight Express-VH3). Finally the originals get back together and while it's good, it never recaptures that magic.

On Davey Richards:

Originally ROH had was planned to announce a tag team match for Final Battle today, featuring Roderick Strong & Jay Lethal vs the American Wolves (Davey Richards & Eddie Edwards) at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City, what was to be the final schedule appearance of the Wolves. This match was scheduled after two very competitive singles matches in Dearborn, Michigan, that saw Lethal take on Edwards, and Strong take on Richards; a tag team match. Four of ROH's best going at it, not for titles, or even bragging rights, but for honor.

Both Richards and Edwards do not have any upcoming ROH appearances following Final Battle because of commitments and endeavors, that will prevent them wrestling full time for ROH.

However, due to recent events, Davey Richards has been removed from the Final Battle match by ROH management due to his unprofessionalism and unreliability with the company.

A mystery tag team partner is being searched for by ROH Matchmaker Nigel McGuinness to take Richard's spot in the match. Nigel has guaranteed ROHWrestling.com that the replacement will not only meet the expectations of the American Wolves farewell match, but will raise the bar of the show. With so many limitless possibilities, who will Nigel choose for ROH's biggest show of the year? He promises that the match WILL NOT disappoint. Fans, You can't miss this one.

I have the feeling Savio Vega is about to get one last US payday.

• Like 6

On Davey Richards:

I have the feeling Savio Vega is about to get one last US payday.

I'll take Savio or Ric Flair under a hood.