DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

This Ahmed Johnson talk coming on the heels of the Slammy Awards reminded me that in the 1996 Slammies, Ahmed Johnson won the "New Sensation of the Squared Circle" award over, among others, two guys still active in wrestling, (Isaac Yankem and Goldust).

They did a bit better in 97, with Rocky winning out over Austin, Mankind, Marc Mero and Flash Funk.

I went over to Scott Keith's blog tonight on a whim, and that place is the absolute dregs of wrestling fandom. There is such a palpable hatred of everything happening in wrestling and this bizarre sort of watching the shows just to shit on them. I don't understand it at all. Also, is being mad because "the WWE is afraid of making money" (or similar excuses) the new thing that smarks say when they are butthurt that their guy lost a fake fighting contest? Because there's a lot of that.

I read a post on another board where some guy was saying how Austin was so awesome because he didn't use scripts and everyone today is held by them.

He was 6 when Austin 3:16 happened.

• Like 1

Stevie Ray was the work horse on that team. Think about that for a second.

Speaking of Stevie Ray, I'm going to Booker T's promotion's show this Saturday, and apparently Stevie is going to be making an appearance. I'm way more excited about that than I should be.

I need you to ask him what the difference is between a yak and a squack. 

• Like 1

What the hell kind of handshake is that?  You're not meeting the Queen, Meltz!

You've clearly never heard of a working handshake, I guess.

Surprised they even credentialed him.

I'm curious why you would be. It's not like the company hates him or anything.

Would an Ahmed/Stone Cold feud have been worth a damn? I hesitate to say it would've been the next best (closest) thing to a Stone Cold/Bad News Brown feud that era could've produced because Ahmed was just a big scary motherfucker like Doom-era Reed and Simmons; not a conniving double-crossing badass like Brown.

ill be doing skype chats tonight..... paypal or credit/debit card payment is accepted. I keep it clean, but you do what you want on your end...its your dime! its $10 for every 4 minutes you want to skype... i take both paypal and credit/debit card payments, but CC/debit is prefered

So, basically there are guys out there willing to pay $10 for Sunny to see them masturbate?

• Like 1

Did Sid ever work as a face for more than a few random months? The Sid Justice face stint, a few months as a face in 1993 WCW, a few months in mid-1996, portions of 1999, then I think his longest face stints were in 2000

are we counting lameass 1995 babyface Diesel as a "next Hogan"?

So, basically there are guys out there willing to pay $10 for Sunny to see them masturbate?

I'm surprised Sunny hasn't wound up on Chaturbate yet. But maybe the returns for Skype are a bit more direct

And on the subject of Diva-related wackiness: I was listening to Maria Kanellis in an interview and she revealed that her beef with the Bellas got so bad that at one point the Bella's dad phoned up Maria's dad and told him to tell Maria to stop dissing his daughters. Then they proceeded to have a yelling match over the phone and threatened to kick each other's asses. Legitimately, this happened.

It's too bad no one takes women's matches in WWE seriously. Maria vs. the Bellas could actually be a hell of a program.

• Like 2

I will always love him desperately trying to get the fans to chant YOU'RE GOING DOWN, YOU'RE GOING DOWN, YOU'RE GOING DOWN to Farooq and failing miserably.

The fact that it sounded like he was saying, "blibba blabba goo, blibba blabba goo, blibba blabba goo" didn't help matters.

• Like 1

Stevie Ray was the work horse on that team. Think about that for a second.

Speaking of Stevie Ray, I'm going to Booker T's promotion's show this Saturday, and apparently Stevie is going to be making an appearance. I'm way more excited about that than I should be.

I need you to ask him what the difference is between a yak and a squack. 

The difference is the fruit booty.

• Like 2

Hey, jerks, if you're going to talk about Ahmed Johnson, you need this:

I'll also always remember Ahmed Johnson coming back and seemingly creating the template for Jamarcus Russell's weight gain. 

• Like 3

What the hell kind of handshake is that?  You're not meeting the Queen, Meltz!

You've clearly never heard of a working handshake, I guess. 

Clearly.  Is that the opposite of a shooting handshake?

Joking aside, it is.  Worker handshakes are limp wristed affairs.  I hate them.

• Like 1