DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

So, Canadian Netflix has the GLOW documentary available for streaming now. Is it any good?

For what it's worth, Steve Austin was raving about how good it was when he had Little Egypt on a few months back. That show's worth a listen for no other reason than to hear Steve Austin do the G.L.O.W. rap. 

I think Ahmed is one of those rare guys who actually got worse in a major promotion. 

I wonder what the plans were for him had he not had that kidney issue?  He was pretty much on Shawn's level and was teaming with him a lot. At least from what I remember as an 11 year old.

Stevie Ray was the work horse on that team. Think about that for a second.

Speaking of Stevie Ray, I'm going to Booker T's promotion's show this Saturday, and apparently Stevie is going to be making an appearance. I'm way more excited about that than I should be.

• Like 2

You should bring a slapjack for him to sign

as for Ahmed, to this day I think had he not been so injury prone he would've had at least 1 world title run. Probably not a very long one, but still had one.

You should bring a slapjack for him to sign

as for Ahmed, to this day I think had he not been so injury prone he would've had at least 1 world title run. Probably not a very long one, but still had one.

I agree ... he had something that apparently people (fans, people who book the shit) liked. But I'd add to "injury prone," "prone to injure."

I went over to Scott Keith's blog tonight on a whim, and that place is the absolute dregs of wrestling fandom. There is such a palpable hatred of everything happening in wrestling and this bizarre sort of watching the shows just to shit on them. I don't understand it at all. Also, is being mad because "the WWE is afraid of making money" (or similar excuses) the new thing that smarks say when they are butthurt that their guy lost a fake fighting contest? Because there's a lot of that.

• Like 1

This Ahmed Johnson talk coming on the heels of the Slammy Awards reminded me that in the 1996 Slammies, Ahmed Johnson won the "New Sensation of the Squared Circle" award over, among others, two guys still active in wrestling, (Isaac Yankem and Goldust).

They did a bit better in 97, with Rocky winning out over Austin, Mankind, Marc Mero and Flash Funk.

I went over to Scott Keith's blog tonight on a whim, and that place is the absolute dregs of wrestling fandom. There is such a palpable hatred of everything happening in wrestling and this bizarre sort of watching the shows just to shit on them. I don't understand it at all. Also, is being mad because "the WWE is afraid of making money" (or similar excuses) the new thing that smarks say when they are butthurt that their guy lost a fake fighting contest? Because there's a lot of that.

I read a post on another board where some guy was saying how Austin was so awesome because he didn't use scripts and everyone today is held by them.

He was 6 when Austin 3:16 happened.

• Like 1