DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

There was a newz line in Minneapolis as well, if I remember correctly, the guy was Bulldog Brown or something similar. That's where I got the news about Diesel and Razor heading to WCW, and young me was devastated . There was a rumor about All Snow changing his name to "Psycho" Sam Attic. Glad that didn't happen.

• Like 1

I was wearing a Legend t-shirt (Legend is a roller coaster at the previously mentioned Holiday World) at a Mick Foley signing several years ago, when Mick walked by, pointed at my shirt, and said, "I really have to get there".  Mick went later that year during a roller coaster enthusiast event and was dancing with the matriarch of the family that owns the park when an acquaintance of mine cut in and took his spot.  

And since I already brought back the meeting wrestlers stories, I will mention that I once rode the Wildcat at Hersheypark with Scotty Too Hotty.

• Like 1

I read today that the penciled-in double main event for Wrestlemania XXX as of now is Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker & John Cena Vs. Triple H.

I have no desire to see either of those matches. They both feel like old hat, featuring stars of the past & neither helps the company the day after the show is over. Just seems so counter-productive to me, so I hope it doesn't come to fruition.

Honestly, at this point, I feel like the only match WWE has left is Undisputed Champion John Cena Vs. The Undertaker and his Wrestlemania Streak. THAT would sell the damn show & feels like a big enough of a match for the 30th 'Mania.

It would also add some intrigue to the match. John Cena feels like he always wins & overcomes all odds. The Undertaker literally never loses at Wrestlemania. If John Cena is the champion, people will think that Undertaker is too old & banged up to be the Champion again (as he pretty much just comes back for Mania at this point) so he won't win, but John Cena ending the Streak probably shouldn't happen either. You can't do a countout/fuck finish in the main event of Wrestlemania. I guess you could have 'Taker win then drop the belt later at the next PPV or whatever but I still feel like it's the biggest match they have at this point.

• Like 1

Do that, Bryan vs. Triple H, and Punk vs. Austin, and you've got a show that both had legends and part timers, and can help going forward.

I'd prefer the Bryan vs. HBK match they've been teasing. Nothing good can come from Bryan vs. HHH

Do that, Bryan vs. Triple H, and Punk vs. Austin, and you've got a show that both had legends and part timers, and can help going forward.

This would be great. I'm not sure they can get Austin anymore though. Where does that leave Brock Lesnar, Randy Orton & Big Show?

Also, I don't want to see HBK because I would like to see a wrestler lose a retirement match & actually stay retired for a change.

Another match that has been in the talks a lot is Ryback vs. Goldberg.

Is there anyone who wants to see that?

Even before they turned Ryback into a complete joke, I would not have wanted to see that match.

Now it just seems entirely pointless. It's basically a lose/lose situation.

Even before they turned Ryback into a complete joke, I would not have wanted to see that match.

If Ryback was still a bully & it was a 30 second squash w/ Goldberg winning it would be a cool surprise if they didn't announce it before hand.

Now though, Ryback is teaming with Axel & I think they could do some big tag team thing. I heard a rumored Cody Vs. Dustin match as well but I also wouldn't care about that. Real Americans Vs. Usos Vs. Rhodes Vs. Axel/Ryback could be a thing, maybe? Gets them all a Mania paycheck, gives us a big tag match at the Mania after the year of good tag stuff.

I would rather see The Shield split, Dean Ambrose Vs. Roman Reigns. Reigns turning face, Rollins costing him that match. Then Reigns getting the rocket push post-'Mania in '14 to see if he can catch fire Batista style.

They seem to have backed away from that, Ryback has stopped doing the Goldberg spots. Axel/Ryback vs Mysterio/Goldberg might be a fun little thing though.

I read today that the penciled-in double main event for Wrestlemania XXX as of now is Brock Lesnar Vs. The Undertaker & John Cena Vs. Triple H.

I have no desire to see either of those matches. 

But...it is only one match:  Handicap Triple Threat Match.

• Like 1

Clearly, the Wrestlemania main event should be a mixed tag match HHH/Stephanie vs Cena/Nikki vs Bryan/Brie vs Punk/AJ.

With HHH winning by Pedigreeing Punk and Bryan simultaneously, of course.

Well, he is The Game. That includes being a master of The Game...of love. DUH!

We had a local wrasslin' news hotline too, hosted by a guy called ML Curly.  He turned out to be a pedophile who got caught trying to molest teenage boys.  I listened to that dude for years.  Pretty gross to read about his years of wrongdoing in the paper after.

Solomon Crowe's theme music is the dial-up sound. That's guaranteed heel heat right there. 

http://officialwwenxt.tumblr.com/post/69325831180/tumblr-exclusive-see-the-shocking-debut-that

It might get them heel heat from the FCC. The beginning tones of his theme are from the Emergency Alert System. If they broadcast it on television, it could accidentally trigger the EAS and override other broadcasts. It actually happened a couple years ago with an ARCO radio commercial.