DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

No, EC'14 is the day before. If it debuts 2/24/14 it'll be the day after Elimination Chamber and there is nothing in between it and Mania, hence my concern. I figure they would at least want to run EC through it and see how it works.

I stand corrected.  They really need to rejigger their PPV schedule so there's not such weird contractions and expanses of time between them.

Maybe have more during the summer (old school Saturday night PPV!) when kids are out of school or something?

I am beginning to feel like WWE staying in the PPV business is slowly starting not to make sense. I may be dead wrong as I have not looked at any numbers, but if WWE teams with MLBtv or Netflix to cut costs on infrastructure and just has fans sub at 29.95 a year (for example), they could float all their current PPVs on the WWE Network and probably come out better than they do right now, if not immediately, in years down the road as the sub base for the network grows.

Heck, they could tier subs like so:

29.95/yr for WWE Classics/RAW and Smackdown replays

39.95/yr for above tier + B-level PPV shows

49.95/yr for above tier + Road to Wrestlemania shows and Summerslam

This could be a dumb idea, but that seems better than only corralling substantial PPV buys for the Rumble and Mania. 

Is OJ Simpson still in those "Naked Gun" films?

It's not like the WWE has been editing Earl Hebner out of their tapes.

Wait, what did Earl do?
If this ends up where someone compares the Montreal Screwjob to the Benoit Murders, someone needs to get banned.

The best part of the network is where Triple H, similar to when Ted Turner ran TNT in the '90s and wanted then-unknown film The Shawshank Redemption to get shown as often as possible, insists on airing The Chaperone and Inside Out every week until they can finally grow a large fanbase and be recognizied as modern day classics.

• Like 1

The pictures of Kanyon in the pic thread got me to thinking. Who was the last non-lucha/non-angle related (so no Mr. America/Midnight Rider types) masked guy? A guy like Mr. Wrestling II or Masked Superstar. I seriously can't remember anyone since Mortis.

Didn't Earl (and Dave) steal from the company or do something with knockoff merchandise? Thats all I can think of.

Hmm yeah, I seem to recall something along those lines.  Still, kinda pales in comparison to a double murder.

And AJ sans pants makes me happy.

The pictures of Kanyon in the pic thread got me to thinking. Who was the last non-lucha/non-angle related (so no Mr. America/Midnight Rider types) masked guy? A guy like Mr. Wrestling II or Masked Superstar. I seriously can't remember anyone since Mortis.

Kane? I mean, he only (re)unmasked a few weeks ago. Abyss. Rellik (that's Killer spelled backwards!) Shark Boy. Super Eric. Curry Man. Suicide. Hurricane.

• Like 2

The best part of the network is where Triple H, similar to when Ted Turner ran TNT in the '90s and wanted then-unknown film The Shawshank Redemption to get shown as often as possible, insists on airing The Chaperone and Inside Out every week until they can finally grow a large fanbase and be recognizied as modern day classics.

Thank you, I was thinking the same thing too. 

Is OJ Simpson still in those "Naked Gun" films?

It's not like the WWE has been editing Earl Hebner out of their tapes.

Wait, what did Earl do?

Back in '05 him and Dave got caught taking WWE licensed tshirts and selling them out of their car or something similar so they got shitcanned.

Didn't Earl (and Dave) steal from the company or do something with knockoff merchandise? Thats all I can think of.

Hmm yeah, I seem to recall something along those lines.  Still, kinda pales in comparison to a double murder.

And AJ sans pants makes me happy.

OJ didn't get convicted for murder.

• Like 2