DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

I asked Manny Fernandez about if dropping the knee on the Invader was a shoot or a work and he offered to knee drop me so I could find out.

By not accepting that offer - you have let the entire board down

• Like 9

What color was his bandanna?

*I misread Jeff Jarret as Jeff Hardy. The fucking bandanna thing would have been hysterical if it was Jeff Hardy. The internet is hard.*

Edited by Ramsey

-WWE has been announcing several wrestlers, including Cena, Ziggler and Del Rio for two different house shows taking place at the exact same time. Either Cena can astral project or some fans are going to be very disappointment. 

-the whole deal with advertising Bryan for various European shows that he was never going to be on.

1461406_423000437829352_1156915359_n.jpg

• Like 2

I was leaving the old Ice Palace after an episode of Nitro back in like '98 and I saw Steve McMichael in his car at a stoplight.  I was about 10 or 11 at the time.  The group I was with gave him a good-natured razzing and he yelled some stuff back at us.  He was about as witty as you'd imagine.

I was leaving the old Ice Palace after an episode of Nitro back in like '98 and I saw Steve McMichael in his car at a stoplight.  I was about 10 or 11 at the time.  The group I was with gave him a good-natured razzing and he yelled some stuff back at us.  He was about as witty as you'd imagine.

Did he have the little dog with him?

• Like 1

Did he have the little dog with him?

HA!  No, I didn't see the dog.  He was wearing that Bears jacket that he'd always wear to the ring.

Instead we have to constantly hear him cut long promos. The moment he opens his mouth it takes something away from his persona.

thats one of the problems with WWE today. The expect every one to talk. Whether improvised or not, ever top guys talk way more than needed. if he was to punt Brie Bellas head, he should have to cut a 15 min promo on way next Monday. You have 2-3 hours every show of commentators explaining angles so there is not need for heels to kill there heat by talking to much.

I got you all beat.  I took a piss next to Stalker Ichikawa in Atlanta, while he was in full gear.

Psicosis in SoCal for me.

Also, I popped Savio Vega at a house show by yelling "Holy shit! It's Kwang!"

Orton is boring as fuck as a heel. Those long control segments of his don't make me want the face to get the upper hand, they just make me want the match to be over. As a face though, I really enjoy his matches. Not because of any inherent quality of the work in them, but because I find the guy so objectionable, and his face match formula is to spend the entire time getting beaten on. I can forgive him any number of flash RKO victories as long as he gives me 10-15 minutes of being kicked in the face.

This is where I find my disconnect with Orton. In general, everything about him bores me. The character, the in-ring work, the look, all of it. It worries me that I'm so completely out of touch. I'd rather watch Dean Ambrose and Bryan HATE each other for two PPV's than see one Orton themed angle. Right now I see TONS of talent in the WWE and I don't count Orton even in the top ten. Meanwhile, I find that when Cena puts on his working shoes and is in an angle or match with someone who can hold up his end, he entertains the shit out of me. So, it's not like I'm some sort of elitist internet smark (ok, I am kinda,) I just think Orton falls well below B+ player. One thought I had was my age and demographic placement. I'm solidly middle class and 40 years old. I won't be using Axe body spray or seeing a monster truck show anytime soon. Orton may simply be aimed at a consumer half my age.

I'm not so sure, as I'm a consumer half your age who agrees with pretty much everything you said. Heel psychopath Orton can get my attention but pretty much as soon as he talks,I tune out. Admittedly, this is all based on how I used to view him, as I haven't had cable in over a year, so I haven't seen anything really recent.

I remember I got the PPV where Orton and Cena had an I Quit match. He was so bland that day, I legitimately thought they were going to do an "Orton doped himself up on pain killers so he wouldn't submit" angle for the match.

Orton has his moments - but oddly, no one seems to agree on what they are. Personally, I prefer "doesn't give a fuck" mid-card Orton who sticks his tongue out and does jumping splits to "heel psycho" main event Orton.