DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

Can anyone recap Bully Ray's and Necros contributions to this board?

I vaguely remember Bully Ray defending something about ECW, and it divulged into a back and forth argument. Although I do remember someone asked him to stop stiffing Homicide, that got a chuckle out of me.

• Like 1

Does Punk really lurk this board or is that a running joke?

From meeting people at Indy shows, it seems a lot of guys come here and lurk and some even post. It would NOT shock me if Punk did, because i'm sure some of his friends do.

In the past we've had people like Bully Ray and Necro Butcher go as far as to post here.  Of course, everyone here treated them like shit, so they left and never came back.  There is plenty of evidence from the last few years to suggests that Punk lurks here.  Who remembers ECW John "Pee Wee" Moore posting here with his insane conspiracy theories?

As someone that just started posting here within the past two years but has been contributing to the (*sigh*) Internet Wrestling Community since the late 90s, I can say that at least from my perspective, DVDVR has a legacy of a place to find information about all types of wrestling.  If you wanted to know about lucha, you came to DVDVR.  If you wanted to know what's hot in puro, you came to DVDVR.

Of course, now it's a message board for people that don't even watch Impact, but there hasn't really been a replacement for it yet, so some of that legacy is still floating around the place.

This board is full of people who don't even watch wrestling at all, must less Impact.

• Like 1

Per Meltzer, Stephanie is going to be the face of the company. The idea being that as a nice, good-looking woman and mother-of-three she's way better at dealing with sponsors. She is officially out of creative, but Triple H and Vince have mainly been in charge of that over the past year anyway.

Interestingly, he also mentioned that when it came to the network and negotiating TV rights, it's really George Barrios and Michelle Wilson's heads on the chopping block. They don't want Stephanie or Vince tainted with any potential failures. 

And yet if they called you, you'd be there in a heartbeat.

I'm unemployed, brother.  Folks gotta eat.

How much do you think you can make selling artifacts stolen from the warehouse?

I don't think I could bring myself to sell any of it.  I want a house full of Undertaker caskets.

After watching this, are we even sure we ever saw this Mistico in the WWE?  This  guy has confidence, physical charisma, and a real and fluid snap to all of his moves.  None of those words describe Sin Cara.

Maybe he got replaced a long, long time ago. 

• Like 3

Imagine Punk getting his FSW weekly update from Naylor?

"Wait, he turned the DC Thread into what? What a guy!"

"And, sir, I have prepared a slideshow of this week's Dolfan animal gifs for your post-Raw wind down."

• Like 2

If the Bubba Ray who posted here wasn't the real Bubba, that makes me a sad panda. The utter "so?" indifference that he got treated with when he busted on the scene here is one of my favorite things to happen anywhere in Internet history. I'd think it'd be a little different now that he's had a pretty decent run in TNA, but this was before his Bully Ray deal. I think he came in thinking we'd make a big deal out of a run-in by a real celebrity wrestler, but he got treated like just another poster from the start. It's how it should be, but it's gotta be wild for A Worker in Da Biz to be treated like another mark on a "mark board."

Does anyone remember the 15 seconds when someone was posting on here claiming to be Captain Lou Albano and no one, I mean no one, gave a fraction of a crap? I kinda felt bad that absolutely no one played along.

I'd really like to see more people from Da Biz~! on the board, 'cause you gotta admit it adds perspective to our discussions. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I know, that's the big problem.

That was the Captain Lou Albano guy's hyooge problem. I kept thinking "what if this is really him? Guy's at the twilight of his life and he might get a bad impression when he's a friggin' entertainment icon."