DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

Kane = Foo Fighters. I've had a debate w/ people forever about the Foo Fighters. I've dubbed them the most average band of all-time. They are the medium of rock music for me. If you're better than the Foo Fights, I consider you a good band. If you're worse than the Foo Fighters, I think you're terrible. Kane is that for me. Kane has had his moments -- i.e., Team Hell No -- and he's had his garbage. But, mostly, Kane is just sorta there for me. I don't hate him but he's just eh. Also, Kane sprung from The Undertaker and Foo Fighters sprung from the superior Nirvana.

Punk = Rancid. I know that's the same "genre" as it were. I am a huge Punk fan (and punk fan). I love the dude so much. I'm not really a fan of Rancid so the link isn't working so much but I'm having a hard time thinking of another similar band. Most of the dudes in Rancid started out as Op Ivy and in the uber-DIY Gilman Street scene. Op Ivy put out a ton of great stuff and were beloved in the underground. Then they disbanded and became Rancid and ended up on a major label. Their sound didn't change all that much but was still palatable to the old-heads obsessed with indie cred would kill an act for selling out in a minute flat. Rancid's music isn't for everyone (like me) and Punk certainly has his haters and I can see why.

Larry Sweeney = The Exploding Hearts. The Exploding Hearts are rock's greatest tragedy. They were a punk/power-pop band in the early 00s out of Portland, Oregon who were set to become THE BAND for the next XXX years. Their material was absolutely perfect -- catchy, witty and something absolutely anyone could love. They got signed by Lookout Records, the first step of what was looking like an ascendant and transcendent career. Then their van tipped over on the way home from a serious of kick-ass shows in San Francisco. Three of the four members died. They could have been absolutely enormous. Instead, they left a brief legacy of perfection. Easy to see that comparison.

Four Horsemen have to be the Beatles, right? Ric Flair is Paul McCartney and still held up into old age. Also had problems with ex-wives.

Who's Paul Roma?
Some ungrateful idiot who performed at Wrestlemania and was a member of the Four Horsemen and still some how is bitter.

It's not his fault Flair and Anderson were jealous of his body.

They should've just paid Tully what he wanted I can't believe it was THAT unreasonable of a price that you replace him with Paul fucking Roma

I thought that Tully failed a drug test and that's why he didn't come back to be a Horseman. Or am I mixing this up with something else/getting my info wrong?

The first time was 1989, Tully failed a drug test with the WWF and that somehow cost him his new contract in WCW. Jim Herd then cut Arn Anderson's contract offer. 

In the end it hurt WCW more than it hurt Tully Blanchard. Besides ruining the Horsemen reunion, It showed that Jim Herd could not be trusted to keep his word and he was gone before WCW signed any more top level WWF talent. 

The second time is 1993 and yet another Horsemen Reunion. This was built up as the original Horsemen reuniting. Tully was set to come in and Ole Anderson gave what Tully called an insulting offer the week of Slamboree. 

So Tully said screw it and did not sign. So they grabbed Roma at the last minute. 

Tully said he actually ordered the show to see how WCW would get out of the mess they created and started laughing when he saw Roma. 

Personally I think it should have been Bobby Eaton. 

Daniel Bryan is Rush an incredible talent plus he can turn chicken shit into Baked Alsaka has a large and extremely loyal fan base yet never gets the reconition from the mainstream he deserves

The only issue with this is that Daniel Bryan is tremendous while Rush is terrible.

• Like 2

Daniel Bryan is Rush an incredible talent plus he can turn chicken shit into Baked Alsaka has a large and extremely loyal fan base yet never gets the reconition from the mainstream he deserves

The only issue with this is that Daniel Bryan is tremendous while Rush is terrible.

Although it is entertaining to make fun of Daniel Bryan's freakish dietary choices and Neil Peart's freakish political beliefs.

• Like 1

Once again, I regret helping you get on the board.

• Like 3

Although it is entertaining to make fun of Daniel Bryan's freakish dietary choices and Neil Peart's freakish political beliefs.
Rush isn't terrible Niel Pert not only is a great drummer but an exceptional songwriter Getty Lee's voice is unique and fits the music perfectly and Alex Lifeson is a great guitarist for only being three guys they have a very complex sound. Simileer to Daneil Bryan being only being 5'8 and looking like a goober he is one of the best wrestlers ever.

So wait... does this make The Midnight Express the... what? Hall & Oates of Tag Teams?

(I mean that in a complimentary way since I like Hall & Oates)

Is Randy Savage The Jerry Lee Lewis of all things pro-wrestling?

Is Onita Loudness?

James

Rush isn't terrible Niel Pert not only is a great drummer but an exceptional songwriter Getty Lee's voice is unique and fits the music perfectly and Alex Lifeson is a great guitarist for only being three guys they have a very complex sound they have a very complex sound. Simileer to Daneil Bryan being only being 5'8 and looking like a goober he is one of the best wrestlers ever.

Serious question:

Do you post after a few pots of coffee?