DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

Anyone know where to get aStan Hansen dvd set that has a mix of his American and Japanese stuff? The only ones I can find on google are the Highspots one which is all Japanese and there's one on ebay which is all American stuff.

Will (Goodhelmet) has a massive Stan Hansen set that covers his whole crater and I really wish I could afford right now.

Does he have a website?

So, Raw this week did terrible numbers and it was a steady attrition of viewers over the course of the show. BUT BUT BUT JOHN CENA and RANDY ORTON ARE PROVEN DRAWS GUYS!

Numbers tell us nothing.

It tells us that nothing they are doing is working and their entire creative approach need to thrown away and started from scratch.

• Like 1

I will be optimistic that the shows will continue to revolve around who HHH thinks is the next HHH because only HHH matters in the HHH universe.

Any who, can someone be bothered to tell me why so many people take Good Ol' JR's word as the gospel? I mean, really. From my understanding he hasn't had much creative control in years and it's been longer since he did a good job calling a match, as far as I am concerned. Every time he posts something, people shit themselves if they mention someone they like. idk I just don't get it.

• Like 1

Any who, can someone be bothered to tell me why so many people take Good Ol' JR's word as the gospel? I mean, really. From my understanding he hasn't had much creative control in years and it's been longer since he did a good job calling a match, as far as I am concerned. Every time he posts something, people shit themselves if they mention someone they like. idk I just don't get it.

It's called confirmation bias.

• Like 2

I will be optimistic that the shows will continue to revolve around who HHH thinks is the next HHH because only HHH matters in the HHH universe.

I think you, and everyone here are looking at the HHH COO character the wrong way. He's not some sort of egotistical anti-fan character that he wants you to think he is. The real HHH behind-the-scenes is a lonely man who feels incomplete. Lonely to the point where he wants to test every young wrestler in the WWE to see if they have what he wants in an heir so he can share his wealth with him, or her for the rest of their lives. I believe that young wrestler will be the one who doesn't really want the fame, and money, but instead wants the happiness, and responsibility that comes with being "The One". That's the wrestler HHH is looking for. 

• Like 2

I think you, and everyone here are looking at the HHH COO character the wrong way. He's not some sort of egotistical anti-fan character that he wants you to think he is. The real HHH behined-the-scenes is a lonely man who feels incomplete, and lonely. Lonely to the point where he wants to test every young wrestler in the WWE to see if they have what he wants in a young wrester so he can share his wealth with him, or her for the rest of their lives. I believe that young wrestler will be the one who doesn't really the fame, and money, but instead wants the happiness, and responsibility that comes with being "The One". That's the wrestler HHH is looking for. 

But Daniel Bryan is right there.

Who gets to play Grandpa Joe? The lazy old codger who watched Punk toil for years, doesn't lift a finger until Punk gets a golden ticket and then finally gets up enough strength to share in the reward, pushes him to do bad shit (like stealing the Fizzy Lifting drink and give the gobstopper to Slugworth) and still gets to share in Punk's new found chocolate factory (tour bus)? Sounds like a role tailor made for Michael Hayes.

• Like 1

Did anybody order anything from WWE Shop Zone on Cyber Monday? 

I have ordered from them before and they always took out the money and shipped the order lickety split. But they still have not processed my order from Monday. 

Anybody else having this problem. 

Who hired Paul Roma?  Bischoff?  Such a weird choice for a Horsemen.  Not that he didn't have the look or ability but he just didn't have the rep.  You can't debut someone best known for being a job guy in the WWF as part of WCW's most elite group.

Dick Slater might've worked.  Although he always came in as Terry Funk's replacement but Tully Blanchard's from Texas too.

Rick Rude was right there.

Orndorff would've been an alright alternative too.  That makes me remember when he did that interview after Anderson/Flair/Pillman took him out with a piledriver and he said they offered him a spot but he never wanted to be a "Four Horseman".

They never even got around to adding a fourth full-time member to that incarnation of the group either.

Benoit's debut into the group was pretty lackluster too.  Just a taped promo with Anderson and Pillman.  Don't even think all four members interacted as a complete unit for months after that either.