DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

The business aint what it used to be and people don't consume media the same ways. PPV's are down, they don't count tivo/dvr numbers, etc etc etc it's all pointless speculation, WWE should go by their talking point of the actual crowd being a focus group every night and just push who is over until they aren't anymore. It's a mediocre product. And anyone with eyes can see Punk merchandise everywhere. Random people wearing it on tv and in real life.

• Like 1

The business aint what it used to be and people don't consume media the same ways. PPV's are down, they don't count tivo/dvr numbers, etc etc etc it's all pointless speculation, WWE should go by their talking point of the actual crowd being a focus group every night and just push who is over until they aren't anymore. It's a mediocre product. And anyone with eyes can see Punk merchandise everywhere. Random people wearing it on tv and in real life.

The only wrestling shirts I've seen in public are Cena shirts and a 50 something East Indian dude wearing the black and yellow NXT shirt. That was utterly surreal.

• Like 1

Right, but Grown Ups costing the same as a CG Cartoon just begs for some kind of IRS investigation into Happy Madison.

Except that it grossed more than twice its budget, so I'm sure everyone's pretty happy with paying out $80 when it brings back twice that.

Guys, neither Howard or Farrell are big stars..

The last three movies Howard appeared in all grossed over 60 (In one case, 100) million dollars, I'd say he's still considered a pretty big star.

The last three movies Howard appeared in all grossed over 60 (In one case, 100) million dollars, I'd say he's still considered a pretty big star.

But is he a draw?  Er..... I mean, how are his punches?

It's still real to me dammit!

I really don't need Hogan to have a match at Wrestlemania. Let him punch out 3MB for a quick five minute segment or something. How much can he really even do?

Personally I'd pay full price (in HD!) for Mania if Hogan would take the One Move of Doom from Reigns.

• Like 1

But is he a draw?  Er..... I mean, how are his punches?

Piss-poor, but you should see his Space Flying Tiger Drop.

• Like 2

Hogan as special referee in the main event of Mania would be cool. What would be even cooler is if he raises D-Bry's hand at the end of the night and does the yes chant and all his Hogan stuff directed at D-Bry it would be a special night I'll tell you that much.

Why have either do it? Sin Cara is basically a joke at this point, I know WWE wants to have a Rey mask selling replacement but can't Samuray del Sol just be it with his own mask? Just tell everyone Sin Cara died botching taking a shower, or eating an omelet or riding the human conveyer belt at the airport.

If they were smart they'd just make different color Sin Cara's. Have Huni-Sin Cara split up his powers and pass them on to worthy and honorable people. So you'll have Sin Cara Verde(Samuray), Sin Cara Azul(PAC), Sin Cara Rojo(Generico) & Sin Cara Amarillo(Terry Funk)

• Like 12

Right, but Grown Ups costing the same as a CG Cartoon just begs for some kind of IRS investigation into Happy Madison.

Is it wrong that I hope Adam Sandler goes to jail for finance fraud simply so he won't be able to make any more awful movies for a while?

If they were smart they'd just make different color Sin Cara's. Have Huni-Sin Cara split up his powers and pass them on to worthy and honorable people. So you'll have Sin Cara Verde(Samuray), Sin Cara Azul(PAC), Sin Cara Rojo(Generico) & Sin Cara Amarillo(Terry Funk)

Terry Funk limping to the ring in a Sin Cara costume and swearing after doing moonsaults would likely make me a paying customer again.

Why keep the Sin Cara character around at all? Did they really sell that many drippy dick t-shirts? Just bring Samuray up as a new luchador that doesn't have a history of underachievement.

Edit: or what he said.

Why have either do it? Sin Cara is basically a joke at this point, I know WWE wants to have a Rey mask selling replacement but can't Samuray del Sol just be it with his own mask? Just tell everyone Sin Cara died botching taking a shower, or eating an omelet or riding the human conveyer belt at the airport.

According to PWI, he sells merch.

Why keep the Sin Cara character around at all? Did they really sell that many drippy dick t-shirts? Just bring Samuray up as a new luchador that doesn't have a history of underachievement.

Edit: or what he said.

According to PWI, he sells merch.

Meltzer just had an item in either this week's WON or last week's WON about how on the European tour, Sin Cara stuff sold really well and thus why they would consider keeping the character.

Just think how much Sin Cara would sell if he stayed healthy long enough to, y'know, get on TV or win a PPV match.

I'd prefer to see Samurai Del Sol get called up to the main roster with a new gimmick, but I can see why they'd want to keep the character viable and just put someone else under the mask.

They really need to start putting people under the mask who obviously aren't luchadores.  Sin Poppa Pump would be a license to print money (and his promos in unintelliglble spanglish would be glorious).

• Like 1

Hogan as special referee in the main event of Mania would be cool. What would be even cooler is if he raises D-Bry's hand at the end of the night and does the yes chant and all his Hogan stuff directed at D-Bry it would be a special night I'll tell you that much.

Could Hogan even drop to his knees to make the count?

They'd have to have someone submit, so Hogan can just signal that they tapped out without having to get off his feet.

They really need to start putting people under the mask who obviously aren't luchadores.  Sin Poppa Pump would be a license to print money (and his promos in unintelliglble spanglish would be glorious).

Grande Culo Papi!