DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

I really want to see a 1 minute PPV steel cage match. Bam, hit finisher ---> runs up cage or walks out the door. Also want to see a ppv ladder match where the face gets beaten down and handcuff to the steel post right after the bell then the heel slowly makes his way up the ladder. I would pay at most $4 for those.

I really want to see a 1 minute PPV steel cage match. Bam, hit finisher ---> runs up cage or walks out the door. Also want to see a ppv ladder match where the face gets beaten down and handcuff to the steel post right after the bell then the heel slowly makes his way up the ladder. I would pay at most $4 for those.

Back in the good old days, you could hit a running Goldberg spear on SD Here Comes The Pain and climb out while they were stuck in the selling animation

Nash told a story on one of his shoots about doing exactly that with Yokozuna as an eff you to Bill Watts. And because the cage took forever and a week to construct.

Since we are talking about ECW, did Chilly Willy suck as much as I remember him sucking? In a time in which I was a huge ECW fan boy, I remember having an irrational hatred for him and talking at length to people about how terrible he was, but as I have grown up, I have come to realize that my taste back then was not nearly as awesome as I thought it was.

I thought he was decent enough, I enjoyed the matches him and Balls had vs the Baldies. 

• Like 1

RE: Heyman. Only interesting part of Lita's book is when she talks about, when ECW was going down the tubes and checks were bouncing and whatnot, Heyman was giving yet another motivational speech to everyone in a meeting and how she instantly recognized how full of shit he was and that he'd pretty much built his company on lying to everyone . 

He's a great talker and talent obviously, but he strikes me as absolutely one of the last people you'd want in your life on a personal/professional level. I don't think he's that much different from Bischoff, whom he despises.  Can talk a good game, but not much else.

• Like 2

I hate Heyman because of ECW. For fuck's sake, it wasn't successful and those morons trying to say other wise are the same arseholes that would chant at every got damn thing instead of being genuinely excited or intrigued by what is presented to them. Sorry, but watching people get dropped on their goddamn heads isn't cool. Watching people shove a light bulb or some stupid shit other than a dick up/down the other person's ass/throat isn't awesome. Yeah, flaming tables and barbwire? No fucking shit that people who don't watch wrestling refers the most retarded bullshit as a reason as to why they don't watch.

AND FOR FUCK'S SAKE WHY ARE THE DOLPHINS LOSING TO THE FUCKING JETS?! I HATE YOU FOOTBALL AND I HATE YOU MIAMI DOLPHINS THE WHOLE DAMN TEAM NEEDS TO MARCHED TO A TUNA CANNERY FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

One anecdote that got thrown around was that Tommy Dreamer, as soon as he joined TNA and started gaining power, was constantly going of his way to tell Dixie that the concussion/Nowsinki stuff was mostly BS and that running the ropes was far more dangerous than getting dropped on your head. He also claimed he'd had like 30 concussions and was fine.

ECW FOREVER!

Nash told a story on one of his shoots about doing exactly that with Yokozuna as an eff you to Bill Watts. And because the cage took forever and a week to construct.

although if Diesel had any cage matches planned with Yokozuna, HistoryOfWWE doesn't mention them. The 1min Diesel/Yokozuna match did take place on a Superstars taping in September 1995 and Nash worked Yoko in October 1995

To Bill Watts? I'm not following.

To Bill Watts? I'm not following.

It was a dark match after a taping when Bill Watts was in WWE as VInce's Booker, I guess. Nash didn't like him from his time in WCW

Where does the term "finisher" come from? To me, it's a very video game-y word that makes me think more of something like Mortal Kombat.

Looking around some 90's magazines and there's a lot of signature/specialty maneuvers, no finishers.

I had a friend that used to call them "Super Moves." I used to correct him every time. I would say, "This isn't  Street Fighter man."

@KingJames: Who do i need to talk to to get one of those World Championship Belt? WWE belt. The real ones”. Luc Longley.

— Coach (@CMPunk)

December 30, 2013 

You need one? I may have one 4uRT @KingJames: Who do i need to talk to to get one of those World Championship Belt? WWE belt. The real ones

— John Cena (@JohnCena)

December 30, 2013 

@KingJames Got your back. I'll take care of it tomorrow and hit ya back off line. Done.

— Dwayne Johnson (@TheRock)

December 30, 2013

• Like 2

RE: Heyman. Only interesting part of Lita's book is when she talks about, when ECW was going down the tubes and checks were bouncing and whatnot, Heyman was giving yet another motivational speech to everyone in a meeting and how she instantly recognized how full of shit he was and that he'd pretty much built his company on lying to everyone . 

He's a great talker and talent obviously, but he strikes me as absolutely one of the last people you'd want in your life on a personal/professional level. I don't think he's that much different from Bischoff, whom he despises.  Can talk a good game, but not much else.

Listening to New Jack's Art of Wrestling appearance on Colt's show, he said Heyman told everyone he was going to LA for 2 weeks to work on a new TV deal but he was going to shoot ROllerball. This was during the "end of times" for ECW

Since we are talking about ECW, did Chilly Willy suck as much as I remember him sucking? In a time in which I was a huge ECW fan boy, I remember having an irrational hatred for him and talking at length to people about how terrible he was, but as I have grown up, I have come to realize that my taste back then was not nearly as awesome as I thought it was.

I thought he was decent enough, I enjoyed the matches him and Balls had vs the Baldies.
I loved Chilly Willy, he was my homeboy. Grew up in my hometown ;)

I hate Heyman because of ECW. For fuck's sake, it wasn't successful and those morons trying to say other wise are the same arseholes that would chant at every got damn thing instead of being genuinely excited or intrigued by what is presented to them. Sorry, but watching people get dropped on their goddamn heads isn't cool. Watching people shove a light bulb or some stupid shit other than a dick up/down the other person's ass/throat isn't awesome. Yeah, flaming tables and barbwire? No fucking shit that people who don't watch wrestling refers the most retarded bullshit as a reason as to why they don't watch.

AND FOR FUCK'S SAKE WHY ARE THE DOLPHINS LOSING TO THE FUCKING JETS?! I HATE YOU FOOTBALL AND I HATE YOU MIAMI DOLPHINS THE WHOLE DAMN TEAM NEEDS TO MARCHED TO A TUNA CANNERY FOR FUCK'S SAKE.

One anecdote that got thrown around was that Tommy Dreamer, as soon as he joined TNA and started gaining power, was constantly going of his way to tell Dixie that the concussion/Nowsinki stuff was mostly BS and that running the ropes was far more dangerous than getting dropped on your head. He also claimed he'd had like 30 concussions and was fine.

ECW FOREVER!

If this is true, wow, screw Tommy Dreamer.