DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

My grandma was a Native American from Oklahoma. Watching her shout "PUNCH HIM JOHN! JOHN WAYNE WOULDN'T DEAL WITH HIS SHIT!" made me a wrestling fan again.

The Shield, Rhodes, and the other arseholes can have billion star matches every night show, but until one of them makes me think some old woman is sitting around yelling at her TV in rage, I won't be too interested tbh

I know I've talked about it in the past, but CHIKARA has sat on my altar of Everything Wrestling Should Ever Be after going to a live show and seeing a Hispanic woman and her three kids call Chuck Taylor a pendejo. Wrestling needs more pissed-off women going completely bugfuck at the heels.

My grandma was a Native American from Oklahoma. Watching her shout "PUNCH HIM JOHN! JOHN WAYNE WOULDN'T DEAL WITH HIS SHIT!" made me a wrestling fan again.

The Shield, Rhodes, and the other arseholes can have billion star matches every night show, but until one of them makes me think some old woman is sitting around yelling at her TV in rage, I won't be too interested tbh

I know I've talked about it in the past, but CHIKARA has sat on my altar of Everything Wrestling Should Ever Be after going to a live show and seeing a Hispanic woman and her three kids call Chuck Taylor a pendejo. Wrestling needs more pissed-off women going completely bugfuck at the heels.

Was that at the Arena? There was a show in Reading where chuck tormented a small kid in a Rey mask and the kid got his revenge later when the tecnicos held Chuck and let the kid smack Him.

The hipster should go on a tear of a winning streak, just for someone to figure out the only way to defeat him/her is with a hip toss.

An ironic hip toss or a standard hip toss?

What about a post-modern hip toss?

• Like 3

I don't see how a hipster could be a viable gimmick in any level of wrestling. Those fuckers can't be assed to open their own shitty canned PBRs, much less get into a physical confrontation with another person.

• Like 2

If you missed the replay of The Voice vs. Stone Cold Steve Austin on AXSTV last night I'm sorry for you. Austin really opens up and towards the end even gets emotional, and at the end says it's the best interview he's ever had. Schiavello used to announce pro wrestling in Australia and you can tell he knows his shit. Especially a great watch for anyone listening to The Steve Austin Show. 

inspired by the DVD sales talks... I wonder if they kept any stats for the sales of the random Coliseum stuff they released, or how much of their distribution was through video rentals.

Would also ask if they count rentals in the DVD sales talk and if that skews any different directions.

Pretty sure they don't have as many 7 hour long tapings to provide for Coliseum-esque DVD releases of random matches. But they could do that by just releasing random matches from the past. Or maybe have current superstars pick matches from the past as the theme of the DVD

Trying to set up my Universe Mode on WWE 2K14. Who would be the contendors (if any, don't force it) for the following BELTS. Big E's Intercontinental and Ambrose's US. Put the contenders in order.

Don't know about order, but the contenders would more or less be the same for both guys: Ziggler, Fandango, Sandow, Kingston, Curtis Axel, Miz, etc. Basically any of the mid-tier guys who aren't too focused on tag teams.

Trying to set up my Universe Mode on WWE 2K14. Who would be the contendors (if any, don't force it) for the following BELTS. Big E's Intercontinental and Ambrose's US. Put the contenders in order.

For the Intercontinental probably something like

1. Fandango - the current #1 contender

2. Damien Sandow - most recent title challenger

3. Dolph Ziggler - lost to Fandango in #1 contender match

4. Curtis Axel - the previous champion

5. Kofi Kingston

Ambrose hasn't defended the US in 2 months so must have no contenders.

• Like 1