DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

The problem with Bray is that I can't see a way that they turn him face.

Hunter and Steph turn on him.

Any heel can be turned face if a more dastardly heel double crosses him.

And they don't come any more dastardly.

Then Hunter squashes him at the next PPV.  Can't wait for that.

Bray is awful in the ring, so I'd be interested to see what Hunter could do with him. Hunter squashing him would be a bonus.

• Like 1

MSG house show was real fun. Rhodes Brothers vs Real Americans in a cage was great, and Cena-Orton was a fantastic main event in spite of the lame finish. Will be at show in Newark on Saturday, hope they change things up because it's the same market.

MSG house show was real fun. Rhodes Brothers vs Real Americans in a cage was great, and Cena-Orton was a fantastic main event in spite of the lame finish. Will be at show in Newark on Saturday, hope they change things up because it's the same market.

Where's our full fancam of the cage match, brother?

• Like 1

So... uh... Cena-Wyatt as the Mania main event? I'm hoping that is just one of those rumors we get around this time of year and not actually the plan. Going all Wrestlemania 8 on it seems sort of lame.

They'd have my money if that's the case. I would absolutely love a few months of The Wyatt Family tormenting Cena. Cena and Bray would have an epic match. So would Cena and Harper in the Raw before Wrestlemania.

I'd prefer Bray vs. Undertaker just for all of the crazy angles that would provide.

Bray's still a kid in wrestling years. He's 26. The guy has the potential for a 15-year run at and/or near the top of the card. I don't think that's hyperbole at all. Even with his propensity for injuries, his cult leader gimmick and the rocking chair lets him still be a prominent figure if his ankle is in a boot.

15 years? With that kind of character?

​According to The Wrestling Observer, WWE business numbers released last week showed WCW titles ranking as the second, third and fourth top WWE video releases of 2013 behind WrestleMania 29.

Through the end of November, the most shipped DVD's have been WrestleMania 29 (174,000), The Best of WCW Monday Nitro, Vol. 2 (121,000),WWE: Goldberg – The Ultimate Collection(86,000), WCW War Games: WCW's Most Notorious Matches (80,000), WWE: The Top 25 Rivalries in Wrestling History (64,000) and WWE: For All Mankind- The Life and Career of Mick Foley (59,000).

Interestingly, the Goldberg DVD sold 74,000 copies sold in the first month. It greatly outsold the Triple H video released two weeks prior, Triple H – Thy Kingdom Come, which was not ranked as a top-seller.

Where's our full fancam of the cage match, brother?

Clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LP61OgZCA-Q

The problem with the Triple H DVD is that they come out with a new one every couple years. Goldberg's name hasn't been mentioned on WWE TV in 9 years... there is/was some interest level out there for him. I'm shocked the Foley DVD did as well as it did, because he's another one that has had a ton of releases. 

1522020_439713179463912_891174417_n.jpg

Mysterion looks like he could be Samoa Joe's long haired brother. 

Also, is he wearing an oversized furry coat or is he working a yeti gimmick?

Yeah that too. Being fat and injury prone. Has that ever worked out for anyone?

Well, we were just talking about Mark Henry.  He hasn't done too badly for himself.

• Like 3

Mysterion isn't really a wrestler, he's a manager. Actually, promoting wrestling is new for him because he's more known for his activity in the burlesque and sideshow communities. I've met him several times and he seems like an okay guy but I never thought I'd have any interest in his wrestling shows so I've never bothered to check them out.

I wish I was tech savvy enough to have found a way to record that show because it was great. Glad to see someone found a clip. I've always wondered why at least at the bigger house shows they don't film them and sell them as downloads or DVDs? To me it would be a new revenue stream that would be low risk-high reward. Everyone who went to the show would've probably pre ordered it if given the opportunity and it would've been like selling two tickets.

Also, double main event in Newark with Kane vs Show in a cage with Booker T as guest ref (wish it were Kane vs Mark Henry) and Randy Orton and Alberto Del Rio vs John Cena and Rey Mysterio (which sounds great). I just hope they have Rhodes Brothers vs Real Americans face each other again because those matches are a joy to watch.