DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

Man I'm really hoping Evan Bourne returns in the Rumble, even if it is just to get killed by Reigns. Although if he doesn't, then I'd start to give more weight to the whole "Vince forgot he existed" hypothesis.

Just looking through some old results to find an answer to this question and this bizarre match came up

Also, there was a short time at the end of the 2003 Rumble match they were in the ring together

WWF @ Chicago, IL - AllState Arena - February 18, 2002 (13,967)
WWF Tag Team Champions Tazz & Spike Dudley defeated Brock Lesnar & Leviathan

Just looking through some old results to find an answer to this question and this bizarre match came up

Also, there was a short time at the end of the 2003 Rumble match they were in the ring together

WWF @ Chicago, IL - AllState Arena - February 18, 2002 (13,967)

WWF Tag Team Champions Tazz & Spike Dudley defeated Brock Lesnar & Leviathan

I have this wonderful image of Taz hucking the two of them around like it's 1996.

I don't know why, but I'm just so incredibly happy and entertained by this:

That makes me happy because only a select few legit good guys get to have a feel good moment. I am damn sure that will be the Usos' favorite career moment ever.

I have mixed feelings on Nigel. I understand how bitter he must feel, but in many ways, he pretty much set himself up for failure:

I'm sure he does love the business, but his main priority was clearly making money and becoming famous. No one getting into wrestling (short of an Olympic athlete or UFC guy) should be expecting that. It's too much of a long shot.

Didn't he realize, while he was taking all those stupid bumps in ROH, that it might, you know, eventually cause his some serious damage and potentially cost him a WWE deal? There are other ways to get into WWE beyond killing yourself. 

It's too bad Tazz had no sense of humor as a wrestler, because that match would've been awesome if it was based around Tazz doing Mikey Whipwreck tribute bumps before winning with a roll up.

Nobody wants that from Taz. I want him dropping guys on their heads. 

• Like 2

Apparently, while Jarrett is no longer an employee of TNA, he still retains his 29% ownership of the company.

At this point I imagine 29% of TNA is worth $5 dollars, a Subway coupon and a free day pass to Universal Studios.

What exactly is going on w/ Nigel? I remember his TNA run got cut short, but I never saw anything that suggested why. Heard some rumbling, nothing certain, about possible hep. Then I saw some stuff to suggested concussion issues, but again, nothing clear. And everything else has been "poor Nigel," "a cautionary tale," suggestions of poor in-ring decisions (those stupid face bumps into the ringposts!), but still nothing clear. If it's not sleaze, can somebody help me out?

What exactly is going on w/ Nigel? I remember his TNA run got cut short, but I never saw anything that suggested why. Heard some rumbling, nothing certain, about possible hep. Then I saw some stuff to suggested concussion issues, but again, nothing clear. And everything else has been "poor Nigel," "a cautionary tale," suggestions of poor in-ring decisions (those stupid face bumps into the ringposts!), but still nothing clear. If it's not sleaze, can somebody help me out?

Hep C. He's free of it now and could wrestle again, but doesn't see the point.

Hep C. He's free of it now and could wrestle again, but doesn't see the point.

actually, Hep B, which he contracted in TNA.

Hep C is Superstar Graham. Bob Orton, and possibly Abdullah the Butcher.

Also for anybody curious, a chart of differences between Hep A, Hep B and Hep C: http://www.immunize.org/catg.d/p4075.pdf

Saw Jonathan Coachman on ESPN2.  He's done reasonably well for himself post-WWE.  I'm a little surprised Vince hasn't decided to humiliate him for having a career after his stint with the company.  I keep expecting a bald midget named Jonathan Catchman to show up on RAW and be inducted into Hornswoggle's Kiss My Ass club.

To be fair, I don't think the way Nigel's career ended was what made him bitter. Anyone you talk to, including Nigel himself, has always said he has been rather pessimistic and disenfranchised about pro wrestling since basically day one. That being said, he was always nice, personable and well spoken whenever I got a chance to talk with him.

Nigel is such a weird case. I remember when he started in HWA, he wasn't even one of the top 5 guys there. He came across like a guy doing a hybrid Steven Regal/British punk rock gimmick but not really good at either. He always seemed really easy going though, like he was either super carefree or extremely naive about the business.