DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

So according to the front page on the Observer, Batista is returning in February for a WrestleMania program.

Awwwwwwwwesome. He better not miss a beat with his heel gimmick

Expect a half-hearted face run, kind of like Rock lite. but the crowd will turn on him twice as fast.

And Santa's the best. I went to Santa's little gimmick and told brother man, "hey brother, what I want dude, is I want the Animal, the man who deserves the spotlight all to himself, to make his return brother, to the WWE." And Santa said, ok.

• Like 2

And Santa's the best. I went to Santa's little gimmick and told brother man, "hey brother, what I want dude, is I want the Animal, the man who deserves the spotlight all to himself, to make his return brother, to the WWE." And Santa said, ok.

And Road Warrior Animal shows up the next night on Raw to induct Miz as the next member of the Legion of Doom. All DVDVRMB members look at you in solemn disgust. "Gift of the Magi" or "Monkey's Paw" lesson LEARNED!

• Like 2

I'm sick to death of every goddamn person acting like a "Mark Henry air bill" joke is still clever, original, or even remotely funny now (AH, yeah!  Mark said that once 18 months ago!  BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!- Fuck, type "Mark Henry Air Bill" in the search engine, you'll probably get an error 404 from the overkill) but goddamn if I wouldn't pay money to see Mark as Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross.  Bad ass reference that came out of nowhere.  THAT'S how you make a Mark Henry joke.

Nope, they are still awesome.  Some references never get old.  Now saying "best for business" is tiresome.

I'm sick to death of every goddamn person acting like a "Mark Henry air bill" joke is still clever, original, or even remotely funny now (AH, yeah! Mark said that once 18 months ago! BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!- Fuck, type "Mark Henry Air Bill" in the search engine, you'll probably get an error 404 from the overkill) but goddamn if I wouldn't pay money to see Mark as Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross. Bad ass reference that came out of nowhere. THAT'S how you make a Mark Henry joke.

"Air is for closers!"

• Like 4

.....FUCK YES BATISTA MY LIFE IS FUCKING AMAZING NOW.

Gonna call my sister we were huge Batista fans, even during the face run when people were calling Bitchtitista or something equally clever because ROIDS BLERGH~!  I'm so happy to see people excited for his comeback. 

My list of things I want to happen:

1. SPOT LIGHT ENTRANCE

2. THUMBS DOWN TO DANIEL BRYAN

3. BATISTA BOMB EVERYTHING THAT MOVES. 

• Like 1

I'm sick to death of every goddamn person acting like a "Mark Henry air bill" joke is still clever, original, or even remotely funny now (AH, yeah!  Mark said that once 18 months ago!  BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!- Fuck, type "Mark Henry Air Bill" in the search engine, you'll probably get an error 404 from the overkill) but goddamn if I wouldn't pay money to see Mark as Alec Baldwin in Glengarry Glen Ross.  Bad ass reference that came out of nowhere.  THAT'S how you make a Mark Henry joke.

Nope, they are still awesome.  Some references never get old.  Now saying "best for business" is tiresome.

I wouldn't have thrown a fit over it, but if this is going down, count me in on sydney's side.

I am almost out of likes, and I haven't even been awake that long. If RandomAct bemoans something as being "buttcheeks," I'm all out.

I'm glad that someone has noticed that as my favorite adjective these days.  Not sure this warrants a "buttcheeks" use though lol

So you guys know they're bringing in Batista to job to Ryback because Goldberg wouldn't, right?

I have no problem with part-timers putting over the current roster; in fact that's best for... well, you know.

I fully agree.  As far as I'm concerned, that should be the primary use of part timers.

The running Pitbull inside joke was so much better mostly because it originated here, and nowhere else. While the Henry facts jokes most likely have been done to death by another forum before they made there way here. 

I posted this on Facebook and thought it might be a good topic starter.

Something I just thought about. A huge thing missing from today's wrestling climate is the believability of the characters. For as long as I've been a fan, up until about 12-13 years ago, you always got the feeling that all of those dudes could kick your ass in a real fight. They didn't take any crap. Even lower card heels were presented as dudes that might get their tail kicked by the babyface, but they'd still kick yours.

Thats why it was so important to have managers, they could show that weakness for the guys so everyone looked strong. I'm not just talking about the monster guys like Barbarian, Andre, etc either. Dudes like Bret Hart, Tully, Arn, Haku were all seen as legit tough guys. Right now, there are too many guys that the average fan would look at and think "I could take him", and there is a good chance that they could. Before, if there was a guy that didn't come off like such a tough guy, like Honky Tonk Man or even early HBK, they made sure to go all the way with it, and use that to make you hate him even more.

I guess what I'm saying is that there are too many guys pretending to be bad dudes, instead of actually being one. That is why someone like Brock, Mark Henry, Langston, Reigns, Bully Ray or even James Storm are taken seriously. You know those guys would hand you your ass in a fight.

• Like 2

I am almost out of likes, and I haven't even been awake that long. If RandomAct bemoans something as being "buttcheeks," I'm all out.

I'm glad that someone has noticed that as my favorite adjective these days. Not sure this warrants a "buttcheeks" use though lol

My current circle of pals would like your name, number and physical address, because something about the past two days being personally & professionally horrible* have made them sick of me and they're looking for someone to blame.

*Admire my restraint.