DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

Something that I've tossed around in my head for a while, does anybody have any opinion on this statement:

Christian wouldn't have become World Heavyweight Champion in WWE if he'd not gone to TNA and won the NWA Title.

Not necessarily because of the NWA Title, but to prove himself in a main event role. He was moving up around 2005 when he had matches and segments with the Cenas of the world, but he wasn't really "there".

thoughts?

True, and you can probably add Edge retiring suddenly to the list of things that needed to happen in order for Christian to get the belt.

When I heard shitty tattoo and AJ, I thought AJ Styles. 

Christian got so much better in TNA. When he left WWE in 05 he was a good hand. When he came back he was a great all around wrestler who came across as a true main eventer. 

I wish he had gotten a run with Cena in 2011. I think when they failed to acknowledge the World title during the whole Punk/Cena feud, was the first nail in the coffin for the World belt. 

AJ always struck me as a little off. Oh, she's not Sunny-levels of mental or anything, but a terrible childhood combined with getting into a difficult, appearance-driven often misogynistic industry has probably taken its toll on her.

Or maybe Punk is simply so amazing in the sack, he's worth fucking up your entire career for, I don't know. 

Once and once only: I've known CM Punk for years. Considered him a friend. When I saw him at the arena, I said 'hey f&$?face'. The exact same way I talk to everyone. His girlfriend was no where near this. And I kept walking along with my assistant and two members of WWE PR. Next thing I know, I'm being yelled at. I honestly thought it was a joke. Period. The event went on and it was amazing. So I hope we can move on from this ridiculously lame 'story.' As for the crazies, BLOCKED! And Happy freaking Holidays!!!

Beadle's version of things.

My favorite part of this story is that a woman who is nearly 40 thinks it is acceptable to go around calling people and friends "Fuck Face" at an event she's working like she's a Billy Ripken baseball card.

Seriously. I know "~PUNK IZNT COPORATE" but even if she's great friends with him, show a little professionalism.

Eh, but the "Fuck Face" thing probably why AJ flipped out. People in the company were explicitly telling Meltzer it was because they had a short fling, and AJ was insecure about it. She is in the wrong here.

It was also a pretty shitty thing to do at what is, essentially, a charity event.

I don't care at all about AJ drama, Lita, or Michelle Beadle, but I'm glad it happened because Tromataker is fucking bringing it in this thread because of it.

Also, all this talk of Beadle has made me realize that Gonzalez is essentially the Colin Cowherd of DVDVR.

• Like 1