DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

I have no knowledge of lucha, but does anyone do a gimmick where in costume and name, they're playing a tribute to retired, popular wrestlers? That would actually be kinda cool for the WWE to do. I would buy a Hot Rod lucha mask.

With the ongoing insistence that there will be only "ONE" champion *guaranteed* I keep getting this feeling like there'll be some fuckery (like the suspected (each guy retrieves the other's title, prompting a statement, "there IS only one champion ... OF EACH BRAND, yerk yerk yerk ..."). And, further, said fuckery might reach Fingerpoke of Doom proportions, heralding a major bust of the pro grappz market for a long time.

Yeah, Cole spent so much time emphasizing that this week was the last time both belts will appear on RAW that I assume there will be shenanigans at the PPV and both belts (and champions) will be on next week's show.

This is also one of those times where I'm bummed it isn't the late 80s or early 90s, because people would be saying the first Sin Cara died in some kind of freak accident.

I really want the rumor to be that the new Sin Cara is the Ultimate Warrior.  Doesn't matter which Warrior either (I, II, or III)

• Like 1

Question: 

I'm looking forward to participating in my very first MARCH MADNESS this year, and I was thinking about possible entrants today. 

Do you guys think the Shield will be entered as a unit, or each individual member?

So a certain tape dealer whose name is frowned upon in these parts just released the long lost final ECW Arena show. Was actually a pretty good show, especially when you consider the promotion was just weeks from dying. One last Unholy Alliance vs. FBI match made my day, as did a sweet Jerry Lynn vs. Spike Dudley match. I'm surprised WWE didn't release this, as I would think"the lost ECW Arena show" would've done some business.

With AJ Styles, my knee jerk reaction is to say that he's too well known to change his name and act like people don't know who he is.  He is more well known than either Bryan or Punk were when they were signed, simply by virtue of being on national television for the last 8 or so years.

• Like 1

It's pro shot raw footage. It was going to be used for tv but there was never another episode after it was filmed. Interesting that it featured the forgotten heel work of Jerry Lynn with Cyrus. On the added commentary from Dreamer he said Lynn originally planned to not work the last PPV and had to borrow gear for his match with RVD.

The Aces & Eights angle wasn't even designed to get over AJ Styles.  It was designed to put over Hulk Hogan.

With AJ Styles, my knee jerk reaction is to say that he's too well known to change his name and act like people don't know who he is.  He is more well known than either Bryan or Punk were when they were signed, simply by virtue of being on national television for the last 8 or so years.

He was #1 in the PWI 500!

He can be "Stylish" Alan Jones, redneck fashionista.  "You gonna wear a ball cap, you better bend up the brim, ya flat brimmed fruity booties!"

His tattoo's pretty shocking the first time you see it but after that it surprisingly doesn't stand out that much.  Especially compared to some of the horrible ink already in WWE.

I think if used properly, AJ Styles could be a big pickup for WWE.  Portray him as a star right out the gate and the people will think he's a star and respond accordingly.

Also, I could see TNA eventually caving-in and giving Styles what he wants depending on how their European tour goes early next year.

Ugly ass tattoo's haven't kept dudes out of WWE before, and I don't see why AJ can't be called AJ Styles.

Well, unless I didn't use the Trademark Electronic Search System correctly.. the reason why he can't be called AJ Styles is because TNA owns the trademark on that name. So that might be a solid reason.

So a certain tape dealer whose name is frowned upon in these parts just released the long lost final ECW Arena show. Was actually a pretty good show, especially when you consider the promotion was just weeks from dying. One last Unholy Alliance vs. FBI match made my day, as did a sweet Jerry Lynn vs. Spike Dudley match. I'm surprised WWE didn't release this, as I would think"the lost ECW Arena show" would've done some business.

I was at that show. I may have to get this.