DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

Per the observer, TNA might have fucked up big time in AJ Styles negotiations. Basically, they were going to make him a decent offer, then they got wind that WWE weren't really interested in him, so decided to to play hardball and offer him WAY less money because they didn't think he had anywhere else to go. But then he just decided to leave.

Also, guys like Storm, Roode, Kaz, Daniels, etc might be leaving soon too. The idea in TNA is that they mainly want the cheapest talent who'll work for $300 a night, and those guys are making more than that currently.

Per the observer, TNA might have fucked up big time in AJ Styles negotiations. Basically, they were going to make him a decent offer, then they got wind that WWE weren't really interested in him, so decided to to play hardball and offer him WAY less money because they didn't think he had anywhere else to go. But then he just decided to leave.

Also, guys like Storm, Roode, Kaz, Daniels, etc might be leaving soon too. The idea in TNA is that they mainly want the cheapest talent who'll work for $300 a night, and those guys are making more than that currently.

Magnus vs. Rockstar Spud will go down as feud of the year 2014.

How does TNA book a year long A&8s feud where the guy who gets the rub is immediately gone?  Bully holds the title nearly all year, AJ wins that tournament, beats bully, overcomes that owner lady, beats bully again, then is gone.... how does TNA not try to tie him up 6 months earlier?  They wasted that entire angle and literally no one that is with the company got over.  I generally like the show and didn't mind the A&8s angle, but if you are going to have the angle go somewhere and put over somebody, shouldn't you plan on keeping them with the company?  Did anyone else get over that entire time?  Bully kind of did, but now that angle has died since the shift was focused to the new title tournament.

How does TNA book a year long A&8s feud where the guy who gets the rub is immediately gone?  Bully holds the title nearly all year, AJ wins that tournament, beats bully, overcomes that owner lady, beats bully again, then is gone.... how does TNA not try to tie him up 6 months earlier?  They wasted that entire angle and literally no one that is with the company got over.  I generally like the show and didn't mind the A&8s angle, but if you are going to have the angle go somewhere and put over somebody, shouldn't you plan on keeping them with the company?  Did anyone else get over that entire time?  Bully kind of did, but now that angle has died since the shift was focused to the new title tournament.

How does TNA fuck up Raven Vs. Jarrett? How does TNA fuck up Monty Brown? How does TNA fuck up Samoa Joe?

We've been asking these questions for years. The real answer is... Because it's TNA.

• Like 2

I remember back when TNA was more watchable and they had Sabu go over Abyss in a sweet barbed wire massacre match, then didnt use Sabu again for what felt like a year but was probably shorter, I fucking love Sabu and they had him absolutely murder Abyss to win like they were gonna do something.

They brought him back as a mystery opponent for Samoa Joe, in a fucking cage, which any of us would know negates everything interesting about Sabu other than giving the guy like one highspot jumping off the top.

The WWE has an Ultimate Warrior 3 disc DVD/2 disc Blu-ray set in the works for next year.

I...I... how do you fill three discs with Ultimate Warrior? How? He had a few good matches but three discs... I mean even if one is a documentary and another is all promos... HOW? Warrior-Savage and Warrior-Hogan, what else am I missing that is worth seeing? Vs Andre? No way the WM12 match with HHH makes it on there.

Warrior/Slaughter from Rumble '91 as well. The DVD summary says "featuring battles against the likes of Hogan, Jake Roberts, Slaughter, Rick Rude, and more" and also notes "over 7 hours of matches"

Seven HOURS of Warrior matches? Good lord, that's got to require over 100 matches for him.

• Like 1

How does TNA fuck up Raven Vs. Jarrett? How does TNA fuck up Monty Brown? How does TNA fuck up Samoa Joe?

We've been asking these questions for years. The real answer is... Because it's TNA.

TNA's "World Cup Of Wrestling" was on in the UK earlier. The one with Aces&Eights all over it. Ivellise Velez beat Mickie James. I laughed.

As far as the last year goes with TNA, nothing touches advertising Hardy for shows in the UK knowing he cannot get into the country due to his felony conviction. Since he is champion this means no champion for month. You'd have thought with Christopher Daniels winning a #1 Contenders match he'd win the belt for that month, for all his hard work in TNA. NOPE.

If only ROH wasn't so dull right now they'd have ample opportunity in the next few months to bring some of these guys TNA will surely waste and do something with them. Abyss never looked better in ROH. How did the wrestling world allow the last few matches in Mick Foley's body to get wasted on TNA?

I want to think somewhere down the line somehow Samoa Joe wins the title from Magnus. But it'll probably just be Angle as they run yet another "redemption" story. WHY?! "Hey look, Angle has not had a DUI in 9 months, lets give him the belt!"

If those guys really are set to walk out because of money then Vince/Hunter should offer them better deals to work with the rookies in NXT and basically become working trainers ala Finlay and Regal.

Or like Goldust was in his ECW run. WWE could definitely use a few guys like that.

• Like 1