DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

The WWE has an Ultimate Warrior 3 disc DVD/2 disc Blu-ray set in the works for next year.

I...I... how do you fill three discs with Ultimate Warrior? How? He had a few good matches but three discs... I mean even if one is a documentary and another is all promos... HOW? Warrior-Savage and Warrior-Hogan, what else am I missing that is worth seeing? Vs Andre? No way the WM12 match with HHH makes it on there.

Warrior/Slaughter from Rumble '91 as well. The DVD summary says "featuring battles against the likes of Hogan, Jake Roberts, Slaughter, Rick Rude, and more" and also notes "over 7 hours of matches"

Hopefully one of the Warrior-Taker-Bossman vs. Nailz-Razor-Kamala matches was taped.

All I want is this:

WWF @ Regina, Saskatchewan - Agridome - October 13, 1992

Wrestling Challenge taping:

WWF World Champion Bret Hart & the Ultimate Warrior (sub. for the Undertaker) defeated Papa Shango & Kamala

The idea of seeing Bret and Warrior teaming is so surreal. 

What about the team of Shango/Kamala?

Did Warrior actually wrestle any matches in Japan? I always figured he did at some point seeing as how Inoki supposedly created the Vader gimmick for him (don't know if that's an urban legend or not). I'd also have to assume the second Warrior/Savage match is on there. I don't recall it being on any other dvd. There are probably a few Warrior/DiBiase, Warrior/Rude rarities that can be thrown on there as well as a bodybag match or something of the like vs. Taker that gets put on for curiosity's sake.

Did Warrior actually wrestle any matches in Japan? I always figured he did at some point seeing as how Inoki supposedly created the Vader gimmick for him (don't know if that's an urban legend or not). I'd also have to assume the second Warrior/Savage match is on there. I don't recall it being on any other dvd. There are probably a few Warrior/DiBiase, Warrior/Rude rarities that can be thrown on there as well as a bodybag match or something of the like vs. Taker that gets put on for curiosity's sake.

IIRC Hellwig was the first choice to be Vader, Sid was second, Leon was third.

Re: the Blade Runners -

On that Mid-South set that just came out, the menu screen shows little clips of wrestlers, and the one where the Runners feature, even if for a quick second ... where it looks like Hellwig is RAILING Sting from behind ... disturbing.

All I want is this:

WWF @ Regina, Saskatchewan - Agridome - October 13, 1992

Wrestling Challenge taping:

WWF World Champion Bret Hart & the Ultimate Warrior (sub. for the Undertaker) defeated Papa Shango & Kamala

The idea of seeing Bret and Warrior teaming is so surreal. 

What about the team of Shango/Kamala?

Shango/Berzerker is more interesting to me. They ran Taker/Warrior vs them a few times, but Bret/Warrior is just so over the top. 

I could watch 3 discs of that.

• Like 1

After posting a Mark Briscoe promo in another thread it got me thinking:  How awesome would it be for the Briscoes to join the Wyatt Family?

They'd have to simplify their wrestling style a lot, wouldn't they? No more working matches like they were in a video game.

How much does Vince really still contribute nowadays?  I know they say everything still goes through him before it gets the go ahead, but as far as actual booking and developing stories, how much is he still involved?  I would assume the Main Event guys would go to him before anyone else, but anybody else is outta luck.

Fun fact, Sylvester Terkay now works at a car dealership down the road from me

Staff_Sylvester-Terkay.jpg

Another fun fact: At one point, Meng, Glacier, and some other wrestler all used to work at the same car dealership in Florida.  I like to think some Blood Runs Cold karate battles would just break out on occassion.

Another fun fact: Dave Meltzer shakes hands like a fruit booty.

And one more fun fact: Stevie Ray and Tony Norris were best friends growing up and broke into wrestling together along with Booker T.

I need you to ask him what the difference is between a yak and a squack. 

A squack is a fine-ass honey that's worth the work.  A yak is just your run of the mill trifling chickenhead.

And speaking of yaks,

ill be doing skype chats tonight..... paypal or credit/debit card payment is accepted. I keep it clean, but you do what you want on your end...its your dime! its $10 for every 4 minutes you want to skype... i take both paypal and credit/debit card payments, but CC/debit is prefered

So, basically there are guys out there willing to pay $10 for Sunny to see them masturbate?

It's a step-up from her trying to sell her shit.

• Like 1

After posting a Mark Briscoe promo in another thread it got me thinking:  How awesome would it be for the Briscoes to join the Wyatt Family?

They'd have to simplify their wrestling style a lot, wouldn't they? No more working matches like they were in a video game.

That hasn't stopped Roman Reigns. 

I'm thinking that Bret/Warrior vs. Kamala/Shango match was on a Coliseum Video at some point.

I remember there was a really odd Bret/Bushwhackers vs. Mountie/Heel tag one which had Bret doing the Bushwhacker march, which was just awkward for all concerned really. Love going thru Cagematch and finding odd pairings like that.

Shawn and Luger as a tag team getting tag title shots around the house show circuit in 95 is another one, especially as it was not long after Shawn would bury Luger on commentary every week on RAW.

Hm. The MSG Cage match vs Savage, the Summerslam Savage vs Warrior match, British Bulldogs + Warrior vs Demolition + Fuji (or the Strike Force/Warrior vs Demolition/Fuji match; I can't remember what's better), LOD + Warrior vs Demolition, the two Rude vs Warrior matches from 89. The Warrior vs Flair fancam. I like Andre vs Warrior plenty but it was the WON Worst match of the year. Maybe the Ultimate Survival match from Survivor Series 90? 

3 discs is tough. 

There is more than enough stuff from MSG/Philly/Boston tapings. 

I'd say Ricky wins. No kicking is better than shitty kicks

So Glaciar is a distant 3? As a kid I always thought it was weird that they played Ricky up as a martial arts master but all he did was chop people on top of the head.

You need to see Champion of Death aka Karate Bullfighter and get back to me.

Hm. The MSG Cage match vs Savage, the Summerslam Savage vs Warrior match, British Bulldogs + Warrior vs Demolition + Fuji (or the Strike Force/Warrior vs Demolition/Fuji match; I can't remember what's better), LOD + Warrior vs Demolition, the two Rude vs Warrior matches from 89. The Warrior vs Flair fancam. I like Andre vs Warrior plenty but it was the WON Worst match of the year. Maybe the Ultimate Survival match from Survivor Series 90? 

3 discs is tough. 

There is more than enough stuff from MSG/Philly/Boston tapings. 

I really hope they include the match against Harley that Warrior won with a fucking O'Connor Roll.