DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

I think WWE would have been better off if they never signed Luger and instead had Krush bodyslam Yokozuna on the aircraft carrier.

Supposedly Krush had been talking backstage about how he was going to shoot slam Yokozuna but the powers that be had been very strict that if anyone who participated in it tried something like that they'd be fired.

If he could shoot slam Yoko he deserved a push.

I was there for the Slam challenge and everyone was rooting for Crush to do it. If he couldn't do it then no one could. Is a "shoot" body slam even possible on a guy of Yoko's size?

I doubt anyone could have turned him over unless he was cooperating.

Yeah, wasn't everyone making attempts to slam Yoko going with a standing attempt, while Luger's was made while Yoko was in motion?  (Going purely off memory here, w/o access to a video site ...)  I remember something like that being the case, because I recall witnessing this at a nondescript single digit age and crying foul (well, not literally ...)

You know even though Lex was the only one to slam Yoko. They still subtly did one of those things the WWE did a lot back in the old days, and that's by protecting the roster with having Luger use his bionic forearm to secure the slam. So it's not like Crush was totally buried when he couldn't slam Yoko.

And didn't Yoko straight maul someone to stop them from slamming him in that?

Yeah, it was Tatanka(Altough he did attempt to slam him, and fail). 

Here's the longer version cut of that video.

My God, not only was "America's pride at stake", but also a Chevy Silverado. 

What was up with Steiner trying to belly to belly suplex him?

And didn't Yoko straight maul someone to stop them from slamming him in that?

Yeah, it was Tatanka(Altough he did attempt to slam him, and fail). 

Here's the longer version cut of that video.

My God, not only was "America's pride at stake", but also a Chevy Silverado. 

After Luger's blatant racism, I was kinda rooting for Yokozuna there. 

Are there any "oral historys" of anytime (era) or event in Wrestling?

WWE documentaries not included.

Not to be a smartass, but check out any shoot interview. It's a one sided affair, but still.

The independent JCP doc is good, as is the one on WCCW. There's a few more, but I'm not thinking clearly enough today to remember them all.

Are there any "oral historys" of anytime (era) or event in Wrestling?

WWE documentaries not included.

Not to sound like a shill, but I've been a big fan of the Kayfabe Commentaries WWF Timelines where they take a year in wrestling and a guy who was in the WWF that whole time and ask them about the major and minor events from that year.  Some are better than others, but the Jim Duggan 1988 one is probably the strongest, since that was arguably Duggan's biggest push in the WWF, and he backtracks and gives a moment-by-moment account of his drug arrest the year before.

More like paralyzed for a week after he slammed, and killed the 1000 pound Andre in front of 500,000 fans, the President of the United States, and the Emperor, and Empress of the planet Betelgeuse, dude. 

You throw a guy the size of Andre into the seventh row and you're bound to be a little sore the next day, brother.

• Like 2

More like paralyzed for a week after he slammed, and killed the 1000 pound Andre in front of 500,000 fans, the President of the United States, and the Emperor, and Empress of the planet Betelgeuse, dude. 

You throw a guy the size of Andre into the seventh row and you're bound to be a little sore the next day, brother.

Which just goes to show how awesome the Hulkster was.  Even though he was paralyzed, he didn't miss a single one of his 400 dates that year.

Unlike when Undertaker dropped him on his head in 1974.