DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

Plain ol' Crush was great, Heel Crush in the Savage feud was great.  That 4-5 month period where he was Kona Crush and he suddenly had an over-the-top island accent and only talked about Hawaii (unless he was mentioning his clown dad) was pretty terrible.

He was actually pretty over in mid-late 92 before they really pushed the accent and then had Doink destroy him. If they had let him mow through a bunch of guys in the rumble instead, who knows what would have happened.

From what I could tell, he was way over but only in certain places. Some towns people would kind of check out during his squashes, but in others it was like Goldberg heat. 

The craziest part about the Luger Change or as I call it The Lugering, is that Luger was shown on TV LITERALLY THE DAY BEFORE as the Narcissist. While the show was taped way in advance, for the audience the Lugering happened literally over night. Kona Crush was clearly an experiment to create a kid friendly Hulk Clone, but it wasn't clicking nationally like I mentioned. Only in different territories brother. So of course after they turned Luger they took Crush and put him against Yoko on RAW, and had Crush get stretchered out - and then put all the heat on Luger to avenge him.

• Like 1

Although credit to Bryan, at least he can develop his character and doesn't still act like its summer 2011 when non-stop shooting was "so kewl!"

Bryan's character?  I'm not about go all March Madness in here, but saying YES a bunch seems a little simpler than what Punk is asked to do.  Could you get 4 months out of Bryan vs Heyman and Axel?  I don't think so.

Did you get four months of fresh TV out of Heyman/Punk? I thought it was mostly just two guys going around in circles.

Right, which is sort of my point.  There was literally nothing to it besides Punk promo one week, Heyman the next. They threw Punk and Heyman out there with a broomstick and asked them for 4 months.

They wouldn't even try that with Bryan... or anyone other than Punk or Cena.  They use those two as a crutch to prop up shitty stories.  They use Bryan to fill 20 minutes in the ring.  Different responsibilities.

The craziest part about the Luger Change or as I call it The Lugering, is that Luger was shown on TV LITERALLY THE DAY BEFORE as the Narcissist. While the show was taped way in advance, for the audience the Lugering happened literally over night. Kona Crush was clearly an experiment to create a kid friendly Hulk Clone, but it wasn't clicking nationally like I mentioned. Only in different territories brother. So of course after they turned Luger they took Crush and put him against Yoko on RAW, and had Crush get stretchered out - and then put all the heat on Luger to avenge him.

This might be the greatest paragraph these eyes have ever seen..

cp7M9o0.jpg

Not sure (im in Australia so RAW isn't on for another 24 hours) but the way they have it on WWE.com is that there are a group of awards that were given out online, pre show and then the main awards will be done live on RAW.

I think I'll just wait and we'll do it all in one thread.

I think WWE would have been better off if they never signed Luger and instead had Krush bodyslam Yokozuna on the aircraft carrier.

Supposedly Krush had been talking backstage about how he was going to shoot slam Yokozuna but the powers that be had been very strict that if anyone who participated in it tried something like that they'd be fired.

I think WWE would have been better off if they never signed Luger and instead had Krush bodyslam Yokozuna on the aircraft carrier.

Supposedly Krush had been talking backstage about how he was going to shoot slam Yokozuna but the powers that be had been very strict that if anyone who participated in it tried something like that they'd be fired.

If he could shoot slam Yoko he deserved a push.

If he could shoot slam Yoko he deserved a push.

I was there for the Slam challenge and everyone was rooting for Crush to do it. If he couldn't do it then no one could. Is a "shoot" body slam even possible on a guy of Yoko's size?