DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

I hope WWE signs AJ Styles even if it's just to be a jobber. He deserves better than what TNA gave him all these years.

Plus we would have two AJ's and constant confusion over which one we're talking about.

They could sign him and then go the Danielson route and change his name to Stylish Alan. Tell me you wouldn't want to see him work whatever that gimmick would be.

I'd want to see Stylish Alan be based on Ben Affleck's character from Mallrats, Shannon Hamilton. The hilarity that would ensue from Alan trying to penetrate the divas in a very uncomfortable position; like the back of a Volkswagon.

• Like 2

Going back to countering the Stunner.  As someone mentioned, Angle did it a couple of times, but let's not pretend like WWE will every acknowledge it if that were the route they took.  This is a company that is currently trying to rewrite it's title history to fit a storyline.

Well, the biggest differences between the Rock and Austin, for me anyway, was The Rock was clearly this handsome, arrogant, and athletic guy and Austin was the guy every normal person wished he could be: assertive, his own man, and just cool. Punk, I guess, is his own man, and some people think he is cool, and if he isn't some arrogant prick, I am not living in Arizona as a type this.

The nerd vs popular kid thing doesn't really tell a good story if the nerd is the antagonizing one. There isn't much Punk can do that doesn't make him sound whiny and bitter about shit.

You need to stop projecting yoru own feelings about Punk onto other people, as it is clear that he's one of the most popular guys in wrestling, and has been for the last half decade or so. You might think that he is a whiny asshole who relies too much on shooty comments, and you might be right about that, but the perception a whole bunch of people have of him is obviously very different. People can obviously relate to him in a very real, non-manufactured way, and it's pretty clear why that is.

Most people are whiny assholes. (At least, on the internet.) Misanthropy, FTW.

Punk vs Austin is very easy to book, and here's how.

The start of the feud involves Austin guest hosting Raw and putting over Punk in some way shape or form. The Shield come out to attack Austin and Punk makes the save.

For the PPV before Mania, you book Austin and Punk vs The Shield. Austin and Punk win.

The next night on Raw, Austin comes out and says he never got to properly thank Punk and Punk comes out. Out come the Steveweisers, which Punk turns down. Austin gives a look to Punk like he better celebrate with him, but Punk turns him down again and eats a Stunner.

That Tuesday, Punk is Austin's guest on the family friendly Steve Austin Podcast and WWE plugs the podcast to get more views. Their talk gets heated and make people think it's a legit beef. This draws in folks who normally don't watch WWE anymore.

The next Monday, they have another segment where Punk calls out Austin. Punk says he understands the Stunner is a term of endearment and doesn't take it personally. He tells Austin that he'll celebrate with him. Out come the Steveweisers. Punk and Austin both crack one, Punk takes a big swig, spits it in Austin's face, kick, wham, GTS. The Straight Edge Superstar is reborn and Punk talks about being better than you, blah blah blah.

On the Thursday Austin podcast, Austin tears Punk a new asshole and announces he'll take on Punk at Mania. That gets replayed on Raw.

Austin wins at Mania, but then Punk gets his win back at the next PPV.

• Like 2

If you don't want Austin to feud with Punk then who would he feud with? There is not a whole lot of other main event guys worth sticking in with Austin, Cena-Austin might work but does anyone really want to see that over Cena-Taker? The reason Austin-Punk works is because of the characters involved, it sets up easy enough for the WWE writers to not have to strain themselves. That is probably why we are getting Taker-Brock and Cena-HHH, it is just easy to do. Austin vs. Punk or maybe Cena are the only two matches I think the general audience for Wrestlemania will be intrigued by.

So, who wins the rumble with Cena-HHH and Taker-Brock headlining? Please don't say HHH or Cena. Please don't. Oh god, they are both going to win the rumble.

I just want to add in, here to end 2013 I cannot believe how poorly TNA has booked/treated all of their own stars. Monty Brown, AJ Styles, Samoa Joe, Christopher Daniels, Awesome Kong, Alex Shelley, Abyss. Wasted because they have been in turmoil for their entire existence. I can't see AJ in WWE but he deserves better than what TNA is. So frustrating. I have concern over how Wrestlemania 30's card will be filled out but I am not wondering who will be on the roster in six months. Beat my head against the wall.

He should come back thinking his name is Hymen

Then Punk could be all "I'm gonna break you!" and shit

I'm surprised nobody ever used that line. You figured Chris Jericho, in his mis-pronouncing other peoples' names' days would have been great to go all "LIsten Paul Hymen, I'm going to bust you open like it's Prom night!" or something.

I hope WWE signs AJ Styles even if it's just to be a jobber. He deserves better than what TNA gave him all these years.

Plus we would have two AJ's and constant confusion over which one we're talking about.

They could sign him and then go the Danielson route and change his name to Stylish Alan. Tell me you wouldn't want to see him work whatever that gimmick would be.
I'd want to see Stylish Alan be based on Ben Affleck's character from Mallrats, Shannon Hamilton. The hilarity that would ensue from Alan trying to penetrate the divas in a very uncomfortable position; like the back of a Volkswagon.

Talk about a user name not matching a post...

• Like 1

I want Austin to feud with Punk. I think there's a perception issue that some of you are clinging to, FSW most of all, and personally, I don't care if it works with Joe Blow from idaho or whatever. Does it matter if the live crowd buys into the match? Yeah, sure, but the Mania crowd is the hardcores and they'll pop for everything in it and add to the match that way. I don't care how some casual fan is going to take it because I don't talk to too many of those. Punk would need a temporary half-heel turn, sure but he's better that way anyway. He doesn't have to bring up stunning Stacy or whatever. It works on a more primal level. "You are a debased hero. You represent the worst qualities of people. You wanted the gold and the glory but you dragged it down to your own level. I strive for something more. I represent a new generation of fans that wants something more." It's not rocket science. It's a pretty primal issue. I think a lot of the hardcores will go with Punk and a lot of the more casual fans will go with Austin and it'd be an interesting dynamic. 

• Like 1

I think in honor of Wrestlemania 30 and as a callback to Wrestlemania 20, you go with a triple threat match for the title. A lot can change between now and Wrestlemania, but it could be a good opportunity to elevate someone who isn't DB or Punk in that match, which would probably include Cena and Orton.

Obviously, my choice would be Roman Reigns.

Then you do HHH vs DB, Punk vs Austin, etc.

And then the next night he gives Dean Ambrose the thumbs down and challenges HIM for the US title at Wrestlemania. They then trade wins with each other every week leading to Mania and then 6 months after.

• Like 3

And talking all kinds of mad shit the whole time.

I'd like to see Roman get the God mode push and be an early rumble entry, break the record for eliminations, win the whole thing, and not even break a sweat.

I think it's time to start thinking about what Roman's singles gear should look like.

And then the next night he gives Dean Ambrose the thumbs down and challenges HIM for the US title at Wrestlemania. They then trade wins with each other every week leading to Mania and then 6 months after.

And 95% of those matches are non-title, correct?

I think in honor of Wrestlemania 30 and as a callback to Wrestlemania 20, you go with a triple threat match for the title. A lot can change between now and Wrestlemania, but it could be a good opportunity to elevate someone who isn't DB or Punk in that match, which would probably include Cena and Orton.

Obviously, my choice would be Roman Reigns.

Then you do HHH vs DB, Punk vs Austin, etc.

I don't think they'd want to make a callback to the Wrestlemania 20 main event in any way.

• Like 2

I think it's time to start thinking about what Roman's singles gear should look like.

He's such a badass that HE keeps the Shield gear and forces Ambrose and Rollins to change THEIRS

BRILLIANT. I like it. There should be a segment when he rips The Shield gear off of Ambrose and Rollins, while talking tons of shit to them.

Going back to countering the Stunner.  As someone mentioned, Angle did it a couple of times, but let's not pretend like WWE will every acknowledge it if that were the route they took.  This is a company that is currently trying to rewrite it's title history to fit a storyline.

At least we'll get a "Huh?!?" moment for Botchamania, when the announcers make the comment that "NO ONE'S EVER COUNTERED THE STUNNER BEFORE!"

And 95% of those matches are non-title, correct?

Every time Reigns wins he holds up the strap but Ambrose says, "The Contract clearly states that the title wasn't on the line!" This happens half a dozen times.

Ambrose, then reveals Reigns ONE WEAKNESS.

Literacy. 

• Like 3

Roman plays a big guy, but he's really not all that big. So keeping, and making modifications to the shield suit wouldn't be a bad idea. If not then make him tights. But you might end up exposing him as a slightly taller Uso if you do.

• Like 1