DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

Cena vs. HHH to give The Authority their final comeuppance is the safest, least forward-thinking, most unimaginative, solid B+ at best move they could do. So yeah, that's the one.

Sadly it makes sense (if you understand Vincethink, that is).  Trips is only going to lie down for a star, and Cena is the only star on the babyface side.

Unless Sheamus is back by then.

Another match that has been in the talks a lot is Ryback vs. Goldberg.

Is there anyone who wants to see that?

Even before they turned Ryback into a complete joke, I would not have wanted to see that match.

Now it just seems entirely pointless. It's basically a lose/lose situation.

They seem to have backed away from that, Ryback has stopped doing the Goldberg spots. Axel/Ryback vs Mysterio/Goldberg might be a fun little thing though.

If they really wanted to bring in Goldberg, wouldn't Goldberg vs. Roman Reigns make a whole lot of sense at the moment?

The guy is currently booked like an unstoppable monster, ist still pretty much unbeaten and uses the spear as a finisher.

I don't know what a win against a 46 year old guy who hasn't stepped into a ring in 9 years is worth, but it can't hurt.

Define "no one" because I seem to remember Goldberg being pretty damn over & get a huge pop for his debut. Granted backstage skits with Goldust & feuding with Triple H didn't do him any favors. When the crowd turned on him at Wrestlemania, it was a smart crowd, that knew him & Brock were both taking off...and Austin was the referee. So it was kinda doomed.

Goldberg isn't a WWE guy though. So maybe WWE fans don't care about him. They didn't seem to care about DDP too much either but how much of that was WWE booking? Same would happen if they brought in Sting, I imagine.

If Vince can convince Austin to come back, it would be HHH vs Austin for control of the company. If Austin says no, it will probably be Big Show.

Taker vs Lesnar is almost a certainty to happen. They're not considering anyone else. Ryback's star has fallen so much since he left Heyman, there's no chance for a match with Goldberg now. Possibly Punk vs a heel Daniel Bryan.

In today's example of how fucking dumb I am

I had no idea that Tons of Funk's entrance music was Ernest Miller's entrance music

Of course - that now says to me that Brodus Clay and Ernest Miller have the same Mamma

• Like 1

The comments I've seen said that he thinks he could come back and wrestle full time for a couple of years, and be at about 75-90% of what he was before he retired. But that he also had absolutely no desire to do that, and I can't imagine a match against Triple H would convince him to come back for even one payday.

The comments I've seen said that he thinks he could come back and wrestle full time for a couple of years, and be at about 75-90% of what he was before he retired. But that he also had absolutely no desire to do that, and I can't imagine a match against Triple H would convince him to come back for even one payday.

He actually looked pretty good when he did Tough Enough when he got in the ring with one of the guys. I can remember who it was.

If the Bubba Ray who posted here wasn't the real Bubba, that makes me a sad panda. The utter "so?" indifference that he got treated with when he busted on the scene here is one of my favorite things to happen anywhere in Internet history. I'd think it'd be a little different now that he's had a pretty decent run in TNA, but this was before his Bully Ray deal. I think he came in thinking we'd make a big deal out of a run-in by a real celebrity wrestler, but he got treated like just another poster from the start. It's how it should be, but it's gotta be wild for A Worker in Da Biz to be treated like another mark on a "mark board."

Does anyone remember the 15 seconds when someone was posting on here claiming to be Captain Lou Albano and no one, I mean no one, gave a fraction of a crap? I kinda felt bad that absolutely no one played along.

I'd really like to see more people from Da Biz~! on the board, 'cause you gotta admit it adds perspective to our discussions. 

No way that was the real Bubba. I was the one that got into it with whoever it was asking for some type of verification. Never did it get, but I did get lots of f-bombs.

Let's be honest, Bubba and Lou can't hold a candle to our own DVDVR all-star team of Mad Dog and the Soviet Shooter.

So, if he just worked TV and PPVs on the Road to Wrestlemania from late January to Early April, he would presumably be as good as ever right? Two days a week for about 3 1/2 months isn't too bad.

I swear one time reading Austin say the only opponent he would consider coming back for was CM Punk, which makes sense given their personalities. Without Rock on the show and the awful rest of the card, he would have to say yes. Cena-HHH and Taker-Lesnar just seem weak to me, completely unimaginative. Goldust-Cody could be fun but it is not enough to sell me on the show. Sheamus is coming back soon and that feels even more dull. Ryback has had his momentum annihilated, killed, destroyed. Who cares? Bryan they seem to not believe in so he won't be doing much. Shield-Wyatts as The Shield's last stand seems interesting but again, the main events push me away. It is the 30th Mania and WWE doesn't care.

Just curious, what were the original plans for Wrestlemania 13? It wasn't supposed to be Sid-Taker was it, HBK got hurt and they had to switch guys around right? Have any other Wrestlemanias had to get their cards switched around only a few months prior to the show?