DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

I am not up on Davey's business practices, but I would imagine if he is how this board and other think he is, that him getting signed to WWE is might make him think he was right in all he has done. I keep feeling like i'm not explaining myself right in regards to this.

Either way. I had a dream him and Edwards were made to grow out there hair in Sami Callhian Style but dye it blonde and be vapid emo kids. I met them (in the dream) at a Tampa NXT show.

Yup! 

Does anyone remember a Raw segment where Val Venus gave a promo on another wrestler about that guy marrying his sister? I remember it happened and then was never mentioned again.

It was Edge after facing Val, and it was goofy because Edge was like "You were the better man, but you won't be the best man... because that will be Christian". And it was because Edge married Val's sister IRL.

Thanks. They never mentioned it again, did they?

I went to the FIP show in Orlando tonight. It was a fun show with matches like Trent Barretta vs Lince Dorado, Andrew Everret and Caleb Konley vs the Washington Bullets and Roderick Strong vs Rich Swann that morphed into a tag title match with the Bravados. The doors were supposed to open at 7 but didn't open until after 8. I guess that's indie wrestling. The turnout was pretty sad, about less than a 100 I would say. I get that kayfabe is dead but during the intermission, guys that faced each other earlier in the show were selling merchandise next to each other and being friendly. I mean come on.

I would love it if the WWE Network somehow morphed into what the History Channel originally was.

WWE should morph into what the History Channel is now.

7 p.m. Who Shot JFK?

8 p.m  Who Does Vince McMahon Think Shot JFK?

9 p.m  JFK and The Montreal Screwjob

10 p.m Hitler's Early Days

11 p.m Hitler's Final Days

• Like 7

I'm going to FIP tomorrow night in Ybor.

From what i've seen at FIP shows and most indy shows, the guys on the card will either hang DURING the show or after the show. I figure it might get them a boost in merch sales if they are nice to "the marks." 

I was able to talk to Trent?, Pinkie, Akuma and one of the Bravados at a show. I thought it was cool and for me it adds to the experience. The Chikara show in Ybor was like that too, but it was funny and the guys stayed in character but still would pose for photos and stuff like that.

I'm also a huge mark, so I love talking or meeting guys I enjoy watching.

I will say, I don't like dudes on the card walking through the crowd BEFORE the show or peaking out of the curtain or something in street clothes. FUW had a lot of that going on and it kinda takes something away. 

*** when you say less than 100, do you mean WAY less? The shows in Ybor probably don't draw more than 60.

I would love it if the WWE Network somehow morphed into what the History Channel originally was.

WWE should morph into what the History Channel is now.

7 p.m. Who Shot JFK?

8 p.m  Who Does Vince McMahon Think Shot JFK?

9 p.m  JFK and The Montreal Screwjob

10 p.m Hitler's Early Days

11 p.m Hitler's Final Days

Vince doing his own Conspiracy Theories show like Ventura would be fun to watch.

I can just imagine him in that dark room and at the table is Kevin Dunn, Triple H, Stephanie, and Joey Styles (someones got to be the electronic geek) and its just an hour of him ranting and raving about why wrestlers he thought would be huge never panned out.

GOD DAMN IT, BRAKKUS COULD HAVE BEEN THE NEXT WARRIOR FOR US.

I mean it already appears that the WWE's been testing this with their WWE app. For those who haven't used it, you get pretty good quality streaming video for those "during commercial" segments they show.

The Quality during Bret Hart Appreciation Night was really good and made me wonder why they didn't test out broadcasting house shows every now and again.

So....basically turn into USA from 15-20 years ago?

Silk Stalkings would outdraw Legend's House. FACT.

Was there ever an episode of Silk Stalking where someone didn't get murdered in their underwear?

Shit, Fuck Silk Stalkings, I'd watch an old episode of Le Femme Nikita before I'd ever watch Legends House OR Total Divas. 

• Like 1

I think Megadeth=Ultimate Warrior.  Not as big as their biggest competitor, had their moment but alienated themselves.  Chock full of right wing political and religious views.

I like Megadeth, probably my favorite metal band of all time

Does Punk really lurk this board or is that a running joke?

From meeting people at Indy shows, it seems a lot of guys come here and lurk and some even post. It would NOT shock me if Punk did, because i'm sure some of his friends do.

When the ICQ Chat was the "bees knees", Punk popped in one night with former poster Joanne.  I also remember talking to Chris Hero about M.O.P