DVDVR Message Board

DECEMBER WRESTLING CHIT CHAT

RIPPA

Four Horsemen have to be the Beatles, right? Ric Flair is Paul McCartney and still held up into old age. Also had problems with ex-wives.

Who's Paul Roma?
Some ungrateful idiot who performed at Wrestlemania and was a member of the Four Horsemen and still some how is bitter.

It's not his fault Flair and Anderson were jealous of his body.

They should've just paid Tully what he wanted I can't believe it was THAT unreasonable of a price that you replace him with Paul fucking Roma

I thought that Tully failed a drug test and that's why he didn't come back to be a Horseman. Or am I mixing this up with something else/getting my info wrong?

That works pretty well. Early stuff was super catchy and everyone thought she was the next Madonna. Then came drugs and madness and upskirt shots getting out of the limo. Newer stuff sort of feels like the older stuff but is ultimately unfulfilling.

I was thinking Curtis Axel is Miley Cyrus, but that would make Perfect into Billy Ray, and that just doesn't work.

You just have to think of a star who got a break because of their parent, and as they got older did stuff that made people question their sanity. That can't be too hard, right?

I'm thinking Shane McMahon.

I feel like Davey is Brian Jonestown Massacre. Found fame on a small scale for aping a beloved period of his profession (90s Japan Juniors and late 60s experimental, respectively) and had a fan base saying they would revolutionize everything if they ever reached a larger audience, but every time they would get close, there would be some act of seeming self sabotage (multiple early retirements, the fireman stuff, team bandit etc) that got in the way and prevented getting to that next stage.

I guess the only difference is I like the BJM.

• Like 2

little late but 2 decent stories about meeting guys.

probably 99 or 200 or so, I was in highschool at a comic con.  Beforehand I knew the million dollar man was going to be there so I brought his book.  I go up to him and see that there are no signs or anything about meeting him, no prices, nothing about buying a photo and an autograph, also no line at all.  so I just walk up and try to talk to him and virgil, of course.  Next thing I know he just kind of takes my book and signs it.  Then demands 20 dollars.  I tried to explain that I wasn't aware he was going to sign it, and I was kind of just strolling up curious (probably would have paid 5 dollars).  Next thing I know virgil is like standing next to me and essentially I got shook down.  Later in the day I found a comic book dude named "black bastard", it was some tall ass dude dressed as a pimp from the comic "black bastard".  Anyway, I told him the story and him, me and his entourage confronted dibiase and virigl.  It was pretty sick and it was on the internet for a bit.

A few years larry zbyszko was in town for a show.  After the show we went down to the afterhours bar where the wrestlers and their families go (its weird and goes til at least 4am, that's the latest I've been there).  BSed with Larry for a while about weird stuff, including christmas.  I think we were talking as a mother and daughter karaoked "I'm Proud to be an american"

We ought to have a group think about which musicians best represent Chris Masters and Mark Henry and what song best encapsulates Chuck Palumbo's punches. That way I can bring up threads from this message board in public without revealing I spend hours a day talking about pro wrestling.

• Like 2