DVDVR Message Board

[DECEMBER] WRESTLING PHOTO THREAD

dok

Continuing the sith gimmick, since his facepaint this run has been based on Darth Maul.

No wonder I had no idea. I didn't realize his makeup was based on anything.

Not sure what sith are? Or Darth Maul? Those are Star Wars characters or something, right?

The wrestling bubble at its finest.

Hypothetically speaking, would it make it better or worse if I recognized Darth Maul because he performed with Pitbull?

• Like 1

I've never been to just a Star Wars convention, but I've been to a wrestling convention, and I don't see how the clientele could be any worse

I was at an anime convention several years ago and almost literally passed out from the BO of the dudes next to me. Nothing at any convention I attended before or since has ever come close, and I've been to San Diego 4 times.

• Like 1

I'm an Anime fan and I won't even go to an anime con. Modern Anime fandom is the creepiest fucking thing I can fuckin think of...

Now back to wrestling talk...

Why doesn't Pedro Morales get more love?

Did he wrestle to long past his prime and it affected his legacy?

Pedro_Morales_as_the_WWWF_%28WWE%29_Cham

James

tumblr_myhinlPvJs1sg99p0o1_500.jpg

Ric Flair: WCW World Heavyweight Champion - WCW Starrcade [December 27th, 1993] *Click to Enlarge*

Harley Race was Vader’s manager. With all our history, it was kind of special to have Harley there. And for the first time, my parents watched me wrestle, alongside Megan, David, Ashley, Reid, and Beth. All around them, the people were clapping their hands together and chanting, ‘Flair! Flair! Flair!’

I know that the other guys were kidding Leon backstage for having to lose the title to me, so when we got in the ring, we practically fought for real during parts of the match. When Leon suplexed me from the top rope, he protected me. When he jumped on me from the turnbuckles, he was ten times easier on my body than a lot of other guys. But when he punched me, it was legit. My ear was cauliflowered. My nose was swollen. He came at me with two fists at once, busting open my mouth.

We went to the floor, and Leon said, ‘I’m going to beat the fuck out of you, if you don’t fight back.’ I told him, ‘You want it, buddy? You got it.’ And I just started tagging him. I’d been in fights like that before but I never expected to have one at nearly forty-five years of age.

I was biting Vader, and the fans loved it. As I covered him for a near-fall, Harley climbed the ropes, then came careening down with one of his flying headbutts. I rolled out of the way, and Vader took the hit. We got up, and I began chopping Vader. He knocked me down, then turned toward the crowd. That’s when I grabbed his ankle, tripped him, and rolled on top for the pin.

It was one of my finest moments in the ring. The people were so happy. Even when I went backstage, the fans were still screaming, “Woooo!”

I never really had the feeling that my parents liked wrestling. They told me all the time that they were proud of me, but I know they had no passion for the business. I was glad that they could be there with my kids that night, and see how much I meant to people.

• Like 1