tumblr_mxbidmxhZC1sg99p0o1_500.jpg

*click to enlarge*

tumblr_mxbix0bcam1sg99p0o1_500.jpg

*click to enlarge*

tumblr_muttxmyQoP1sg99p0o1_500.png

*click to enlarge*

PWG's Brian Cage as Mortis:

tumblr_mxelv64di61sg99p0o1_500.jpg

After mentioning on Twitter how much I enjoyed hearing Brian Cage tell Kanyon stories on Colt's Art of Wrestling, Cage tweeted me the photo of himself wrestling as Mortis.  Apparently, he only did a handful of shows as the character starting in the summer of 2007...

Pretty neat.  I just learned recently about Kanyon bringing Mortis back to work WWE house shows in 2003, so it was cool to see that the grape-flavored Mortis lived on past the WWE.

I hadn't noticed it before, but was Kanyon wearing black contacts?  I had always assumed he just had a see through black mesh over the eye holes.

Personally, I think it's horseshit that they didn't go with LEGO for these. 

That could've easily lead to an open-world sandbox LEGO WWE game for the Xbox 360, Xbox One, PS3, PS4, Wii, Wii U, 3DS, 2DS and the PC!

• Like 1

Pretty neat.  I just learned recently about Kanyon bringing Mortis back to work WWE house shows in 2003, so it was cool to see that the grape-flavored Mortis lived on past the WWE.

2f0auz9.jpg

I remember him wrestling before a Smackdown taping. His message board had pics and someone had found the production theme they used.

2f0auz9.jpg

I remember him wrestling before a Smackdown taping. His message board had pics and someone had found the production theme they used.

He's not from 'parts unknown'; he's from 'the mists of the arcane and macabre'. They say so in the first sentence!

As for 'what thoughts lurk behind that hideous mask'?

1627%2520-%2520Diamond_Cutter%2520Kanyon

1654%2520-%2520Diamond_Cutter%2520Kanyon

1628%2520-%2520Diamond_Cutter%2520Kanyon

1625%2520-%2520Diamond_Cutter%2520Kanyon

1368%2520-%2520Diamond_Cutter%2520Kanyon

• Like 3

Kanyon should have continued his Kanyon Kutter spots in the WWE. In fact, introduce him doing that backstage to one of the wrestlers to start his first feud.

Yeah but that probably would've gotten him over and Vince wasn't about to allow that.

Pretty neat. I just learned recently about Kanyon bringing Mortis back to work WWE house shows in 2003, so it was cool to see that the grape-flavored Mortis lived on past the WWE.

2f0auz9.jpg

He wrestled Austin Aries before a St. Louis Smackdown taping I was at.