DVDVR Message Board

December 2013 NHL thread

odessasteps

Americans have been strong the last few years and if they cream us I won't be surprised. This Canadian team, by our ridiculous standards, is not exactly a strong vintage. Yeah the Slovak game was really enjoyable. Slovaks tired out at the end of the game, but they do have some really good skaters. Didn't see Russia/Finland but it's good that there seems to be more than the same old song at the tourney this year, let's face it Finland, Slovakia, Czech Republic haven't always been able to get it together here. But this year feels pretty wide open past Sweden I guess. The quarter finals could get wild.

Nic Petan had a big day. Scores the big goal for Canada, and also signed the standard 3-year entry level deal with the Jets. Not too bad.

How do you not play Gilmour on a line with Roberts and Gartner? What were you thinking Pat Quinn? Tiger Williams playing with Sitler? WHY??? Total mismanagement. Gut the fucking team. Start with the D. Move out Ellett and Macoun. Washed up!

God that game was so much fun. Brought a tear to my eye when McCabe found the right net to score the tying goal on.

The 2 alumni games today were the most fun I've had watching hockey in forever. Got to see my all-time favorite player Felix Potvin again and seeing Konstantinov on the ice pre-game with Fedorov, Kozlov, Larionov, and Fetisov was amazing, brought a tear to my eye. It was great hearing the interviews and seeing how happy all these guys were and how much they were enjoying themselves. Awesome television.

I was surprised Bowman didn't trade Coffey during the intermission.