DVDVR Message Board

The Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale: Team Rousey vs. Team Tate (11/30/2013) - Las Vegas, NV (Mandalay Bay Events Center)

Elsalvajeloco

The_Ultimate_Fighter_18_Finale_Poster.jp

The Ultimate Fighter 18 Finale: Team Rousey vs. Team Tate 

November 30, 2013

Las Vegas, NV (Mandalay Bay Events Center)

Gray Maynard (156) vs. Nate Diaz (156) - Diaz, TKO (punches), R1 (2:38)

TUF 18 Women's Bantamweight Tournament Final: Julianna Peña (134) vs. Jessica Rakoczy (132) - Peña, TKO (strikes), R1 (4:59)

TUF 18 Men's Bantamweight Tournament Final: Chris Holdsworth (136) vs. Davey Grant (135) - Holdsworth, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (2:10)

Jessamyn Duke (135.5) vs. Peggy Morgan (136) - Duke, DEC (unanimous)

Roxanne Modafferi (134) vs. Raquel Pennington (135) - Pennington, DEC (unanimous)

Fox Sports 1 / Fox Sports 2 Preliminary Card:

Akira Corassani (146) vs. Maximo Blanco (146) - Corassani, DQ (illegal knee on the ground ruled intentional), R1 (0:25)

Rani Yahya (145.5) vs. Tom Niinimäki (145) - Niinimäki, DEC (split)

Jared Rosholt (240) vs. Walt Harris (244) - Rosholt, DEC (unanimous)

Sean Spencer (171) vs. Drew Dober (170) - Spencer, DEC (unanimous)

Facebook Preliminary Card:

Ryan Benoit (126) vs. Joshua Sampo (127.5)* - Sampo, SUB (rear naked choke), R2 (4:31)

*Chose not to reweigh; forfeits 10% of purse for missing weight

Event Bonuses ($50,000):

Knockout of the Night: Nate Diaz

Submission of the Night: Chris Holdsworth

Fight of the Night: Joshua Sampo vs. Ryan Benoit (Sampo forfeits $50k to Benoit)

Attendance: 4,346

Gate: $322,742

Rating: 1.13 million viewers

Cancelled Bouts:

Sérgio Moraes vs. Zak Cummings - Injury to Cummings

Sérgio Moraes vs. Sean Spencer - Injury to Moraes

Demetrious Johnson vs. Joseph Benavidez - Moved to Another Event

That is correct.

This is the the first TUF to have someone in the finals who has a 1-3 pro record (Rakoczy).  If that isn't a sign this show needs to die, I don't know what is.

She is a former boxing champ who was fighting girls who she wasn't suppose to be fighting w/ zero experience training MMA. That would be a serious impediment to anyone's win-loss record.

Actually watched the entire TUF season, first I've watched any of since whichever one Bisping was on, and really enjoyed it. Jessamyn Duke was my favorite going in and loved her on the show, glad to see her get a fight on the main card still. Finals should be good.

It really says something that other than the two dudes who are in the Finals none of the other guys are fighting meanwhile there are two additional women's bouts and would have been three if the remaining two women weren't hurt. They ladies were the best part of this season, both in & out of the cage. Really hoping Rakozy wins, I hate this crybaby victim bullshit Pena pulled all season and in her blog on MMAfighting.com. Poor baby who received obvious special attention the whole season from her buddies Tate & Carraway. I hope Rakozy separates her from consciousness.

Duke vs. Morgan should be a nice brawl and I'm happy Roxanne is getting a shot in the UFC.

• Like 1

I thought the Pena stoppage was fine. This Women's MMA sure is great huh? Out of the top 5 maybe it get's really really bad.  Horrible card basically start to almost end. DIAZ BABY 209 209 . THAT WAS BRUTALLLLLLLL