DVDVR Message Board

Forbidden Door II - 6/25/2023

The Natural

Man, just realized my first trip to Vegas with friends since before the pandemic is on that same day. Just a 1 nighter and we all just had to unanimously come to that date. I tried calling the hotel to see if I can stream from my phone to the tv and they said no. I hate watching stuff on my phone but I don’t think I can resist this main event. I can always watch the rest of it the next day but I am really excited for this so far.  

7 minutes ago, For Great Justice said:

This is going to be the one

Cross promotional six man action n the opener with Yano/Trent/Chuck w/ Danhausen vs Jarrett/Lethal/KENTA w/ Satnam please and thank you 

Is Bullet Club Jarrett still canon?

Wait, wait, wait.  This thread is the first I saw part of the card and they're going with Danielson/Okada?!  WHAT?!  This must be part of some weird fever dream, right?  I don't care what I'm doing in Greece I will take time the next morning to catch that match.  Holy fuckballs.

So, this has to be a sign that Danielson/ZSJ is happening at All In, right?  It would be the absolute perfect time and place to do it.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Wait, wait, wait.  This thread is the first I saw part of the card and they're going with Danielson/Okada?!  WHAT?!  This must be part of some weird fever dream, right?  I don't care what I'm doing in Greece I will take time the next morning to catch that match.  Holy fuckballs.

So, this has to be a sign that Danielson/ZSJ is happening at All In, right?  It would be the absolute perfect time and place to do it.

Make sure you watch Bryan’s taped promo. 

The crowd in Osaka popped pretty big at the side view of his face and there was a pretty loud yes chant after it aired. Surprisingly loud.

Edited by matt925
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

Amazing, mate we're getting Bryan Danielson vs. Kazuchika Okada. Here's my reaction to the news when it was announced on Sunday:

https://deathvalleydriver.com/forum/index.php?/topic/10493-aew-june-2023/page/6/#comments

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 2

NJPW has already done a fantastic job with how they've built to Okada vs. Danielson. First with the challenge video, plus the BCC/CHAOS matchups at the Strong shows, and now the press conference today.

Some people don't understand there is more than one way to tell a story and build to a PPV matchup. This is literally an angle and storyline unfolding before our eyes. 

https://youtu.be/IqzyDP9_Dq8

The Omega/Ospreay storyline has basically been unfolding for the last four and a half years.

Edited by TheVileOne
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, NikoBaltimore said:

You need to see this, mate:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VlWYlfAIZkA&pp=ygUgYnJ5YW4gZGFuaWVsc29uIGNoYWxsZW5nZXMgb2thZGE%3D

That crowd reaction.

• Like 2

I am all of a sudden so hyped for this I resubscribed to New Japan World.  I cut it at the time to save money since I wasn't watching it that much.  But With the PPV coming up plus Eddie in the G1 I think it's time I get back in.  I'll have to catch Dominion and see what else happened aside from the announcement.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Gonzo said:

It would make House Party look like House Party 2!

(Or House Party 3.)

That's the problem. Forbidden Door needs to be the best of the best. This is like, an In Your House PPV opener.

(and before the match is official, all six wrestlers must get medical checkups.. just to make sure it's not lupus (it's never lupus)" from the new AEW Doctor, Dr. House

Ok, have we dropped enough heavy-handed puns like houses on the Witch in the Wizard of Oz to kill this pun-line deader than disco?

3 minutes ago, SirFozzie said:

That's the problem. Forbidden Door needs to be the best of the best. This is like, an In Your House PPV opener.

(and before the match is official, all six wrestlers must get medical checkups.. just to make sure it's not lupus (it's never lupus)" from the new AEW Doctor, Dr. House

Ok, have we dropped enough heavy-handed puns like houses on the Witch in the Wizard of Oz to kill this pun-line deader than disco?

we'll need to ask @Gordlow, the man of the house

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Do we actually want Punk vs KENTA? 

No. I'd settle for Punk vs Great-O-Khan.

EDIT: And really, we need GOK on the show just for his tales of debauchery in Toronto alone.

Edited by Craig H
  • Like 1