DVDVR Message Board

WWE TV - 6/5 - 6/11/2023

Dolfan in NYC

4 hours ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Meltzer is reporting that one of the plans for Brock-Cody III at SummerSlam is 

Reveal hidden contents

a Bullrope match 

I was hoping for a reviving of the Inferno Match of Kennel From Hell!

New belt for Asuka, The WWE Raw Women's Championship reverted back to the WWE Women's Championship name.

And no belt swap ever again.

Replica 

wwe-womens-championship-replica-title-be

Also next is Unification for the WWE Women's and NXT Women's tags.

Edited by 赤い竜

It's happening. Papa H is finally making it all make sense. The OCD tingle I feel is starting to fade. World & WWE Undisputed men's & women's titles (assuming that's what Rhea's title gets rebranded as). IC & US are already separated and properly branded. Now let's just get the men's & women's tags in the same boat. Each brand with 5 separate but equal championships. Bonus points for NXT already having the 5 matching counterparts.

I will even overlook the small weirdness of undisputed titles actually being disputed by the nature of have two equal titles (3 if you count NXT).

• Like 1

Santos/Ali built into something fairly good with the crowd decently behind it. 

Bayley/Michin was pretty solid while it lasted. The post match segment with Kross and Scarlett was nice.

Io/Shotzi was another short but solid match. Kind of surprised Shotzi got in so much though she looked while in control.

Was not expecting Ronda/Shayna to lay down the challenge to Fyre and Dawn. Was wondering if they might merge the tag titles since they didn;t do the usual vacating of the belts when Fyre and Dawn moved up. I doubt Fyre and Dawn will win though they would make for way better champs.

Asuka getting a new Women's title was nice to see. Didn't expect Charlotte back. Kind of like how it happening just after Pearce promised Bianca a rematch. Curious if they set up a triple threat and/or Bianca/Charlotte after both likely lose to Asuka. Have to admit Bianca/Charlotte interests me more than any potential feud over the belt right now outside of maybe Io/Asuka.

Corbin/Butch was short and a bit more of angle with Hayes and Trick in the crowd. It was still decent while it lasted, and it was fun seeing so much blow up in Corbin's face during and after the match along with the late backstage segment. Glad Dunne gets to be in a big match in the UK. 

The tag titles contendership match setup was fine. 

The setup for Jey/Theory was good with the various segments. Match itself was pretty nice with the crowd probably the hottest it was all night. Everything going down for the finishing stretch worked out pretty well despite the overbooking approach. Kind of dug Jey just being done with everyone after he lost US title. Heyman coming across as legit feeling sorry for Jey as he walked by was a nice touch. Curious to see where things continue to go in the slow imploding of the Bloodline.

Damn was this a dense episode with the amount of matches and segments. Not sure how I feel about that since it tends to mean matches get less time which definitely happened here. Santos/Ali and Jey/Theory were still worth catching so I wasn't necessarily too disappointed. The segments didn't overstay their welcome and did set up quite a bit for the next month. Solid-good episode even though it could have used more time for the matches.

Edited by Eivion
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, nofuture said:

Is it me or does it feel like they're going to turn Bianca heel, most likely having her costing Flair the title.  The way they presented her last night was very different.

Nah, I got the same feeling. I'm kind of ok with it if they go that route. She has never been a great face, and the crowd has been losing interest in her as one for a while now. It mostly just feels weird that it will come fruition in a feud with Charlotte.

• Like 1

Given how Bayley turned out to be a really good heel after everyone thought turning her was a horrible idea, I'd withhold the thought of anyone who poo poos the idea w Bianca.

Edited by odessasteps

Oh. So they are unifying the NXT Women's Tags & WWE Women's Tags? I guess it might not end up as clean as I was hoping.

If the women's tags are a single set that can appear on every brand I hope they merge the men's WWE tag titles with the men's NXT tag titles so they are also a single set that can appear on every brand. Consistency and equality. Let every brand have a men's world, a women's world, and a men's mid card title. Then the men & women's tags are allowed on all 3 brands? Not totally ideal but at least better than it has been. That would cut it down to 11 total titles. Way better than the days we were up to like 21 in WWE at one time.

1 hour ago, Eivion said:

Nah, I got the same feeling. I'm kind of ok with it if they go that route. She has never been a great face, and the crowd has been losing interest in her as one for a while now. It mostly just feels weird that it will come fruition in a feud with Charlotte.

There were rumors floating around a month or so ago that the plan was to turn Bianca and the Profits heel. Bianca is due for a change up at this point IMO. After she ran through the division there wasn't much left for her. I'd like to see the Profits as heels too since I'm not sure what direction they would go with it.

49 minutes ago, NoFistsJustFlips said:

Oh. So they are unifying the NXT Women's Tags & WWE Women's Tags? I guess it might not end up as clean as I was hoping.

If the women's tags are a single set that can appear on every brand I hope they merge the men's WWE tag titles with the men's NXT tag titles so they are also a single set that can appear on every brand. Consistency and equality. Let every brand have a men's world, a women's world, and a men's mid card title. Then the men & women's tags are allowed on all 3 brands? Not totally ideal but at least better than it has been. That would cut it down to 11 total titles. Way better than the days we were up to like 21 in WWE at one time.

Merging the women's tag titles makes sense if you think about Nick Kahn saying they want to have more main roster folks pop up on NXT. Also the women's tag division is bare (Rhonda had a point) you have 3-6 tag teams on the main roster depending on if Nattie or Raquel is going to team with someone. And NXT is bare (Lash and Jakara? Feroz and the other Latina lady if she's back?) It's not great.

3 hours ago, Ramo2653 said:

And NXT is bare (Lash and Jakara? Feroz and the other Latina lady if she's back?) It's not great.

They've been trying some other teams on LVL Up, Electra Lopez and Lola Vice, as well as Wendy Choo and Kelani Jordan. The last one only once, but Lopez and Vice have been pushed as being a team. Also, Leon is back, yes. 

• Like 1

I get that women's tag teams are bare. That's a very true point. I'm just a fan of parity. If you make the women's tags one set that travels to all three brands, I'd like the men's tags to be the same. One set that travels to all three brands. Just make that how all the tag titles work in WWE. Single's titles get separate but equal titles on all three brands, tag titles get one set that travel between all the brands.

• Like 3

On 6/6/2023 at 10:56 PM, For Great Justice said:

Bron/Seth in Orlando? I gotta see how that turns out. A wide range of potential outcomes there.

On 6/7/2023 at 12:05 AM, Eivion said:

Bron challenging Seth was kind of out of nowhere. I don't hate it though it feels like something that should be happening at least at a PLE if they want to do it. 

I've been thinking about this on and off for a bit, and Rollins accepting would seem to undermine the actual, current NXT champ.