DVDVR Message Board

POLL 5/29-6/4/2023- WHAT WAS THE BEST FREE TV MATCH OF THE WEEK? pro wrestling positivity

WHAT WAS THE BEST FREE TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT WAS THE BEST TV MATCH OF THE WEEK?

• Ricochet vs. The Miz - RAW
    • Bayley & IYO SKY vs. Chelsea Green & Sonya Deville vs. Raquel Rodriguez & Shotzi vs. Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler - RAW
    • Bronson Reed vs. Shinsuke Nakamura - RAW
    • AJ Styles & Seth Rollins vs. Damian Priest & Finn Balor - RAW
    • Atomo, Chamuel & Micro Angel vs. Micro Gemelo Diablo I, Micro Gemelo Diablo II & Micro Sagrado - CMLL MARTES DE ARENA MEXICO
    • Miya Yotsuba vs. Ryo Mizunami - GATOH MOVE MEI SURUGA 5th ANNIVERSARY
    • Baliyan Akki vs. Hagane Shinnou vs. Minoru Fujita - GATOH MOVE MEI SURUGA 5th ANNIVERSARY
    • Mei Suruga vs. Momoka Hanazono - GATOH MOVE MEI SURUGA 5th ANNIVERSARY
    • Tyler Bate & Wes Lee vs. Jagger Reid & Rip Fowler - NXT
    • Gigi Dolin vs. Jacy Jayne - NXT
    • Carmelo Hayes vs. Noam Dar - NXT
    • Trent Beretta vs. Big Bill vs. Swerve Strickland - DYNAMITE
    • Bandido & Penta El Zero Miedo & Rey Fenix vs. Claudio Castagnoli, Jon Moxley & Wheeler Yuta - DYNAMITE
    • Darby Allin & Orange Cassidy vs. Bishop Kaun & Toa Liona - DYNAMITE
    • Kris Statlander vs. Nyla Rose - DYNAMITE
    • Eddie Edwards vs. Yuya Uemura - IMPACT
    • Alex Shelley & Chris Sabin vs. Flash Morgan Webster & Mark Andrews - IMPACT
    • Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Rocky Romero - ROH
    • Bandido, El Hijo del Vikingo & Komander vs. Angelico & Serpentico & Jack Cartwheel - ROH
    • Katsuyori Shibata vs. Alex Coughlin - ROH
    • Athena vs. Kiera Hogan - ROH
    • Gringo Loco, John Hennigan & Sam Adonis vs. El Hijo del Vikingo, Psycho Clown & Rey Horus - MLW Fusion
    • Austin Theory & Elton Prince & Kit Wilson vs. Butch & Ridge Holland & Sheamus - SMACKDOWN
    • Azusa Inaba & Tomoka Inaba vs. KARMA & Starlight Kid - STARMDOM NEW BLOOD 9
    • Magia Blanca vs. Fugaz - CMLL VIERNES ESPECTACULARES
    • Euforia vs. Stuka Jr. - CMLL VIERNES ESPECTACULARES
    • Averno vs. Mistico vs. Volador Jr. vs. Dragon Rojo Jr. vs. Soberano Jr. vs. El Hijo del Villano III vs. Atlantis Jr. vs. Panterita del Ring Jr. - CMLL VIERNES ESPECTACULARES
    • The Outrunners (Truth Magnum & Turbo Floyd) vs. Idolmania Sports Management (Cyon & Jordan Clearwater) - NWA CROCKETT CUP PRE-SHOW
    • Candice LeRae vs. Tegan Nox - MAIN EVENT
    • El Hijo del Vikingo vs. Dralistico vs. Komander - RAMPAGE
    • Zack Sabre Jr. vs. Action Andretti - RAMPAGE
    • Willow Nightingale vs. Emi Sakura - RAMPAGE
    • Katsuyori Shibata vs. Lee Moriarty - RAMPAGE
    • The Mighty Zaddies (Bad Dude Tito & Che Cabrera) vs. 24K (Michael Hopkins & Miggy Rose) - CHAMPIONSHIP WRESTLING
    • Mai Sakurai vs. Nanae Takahashi - STARDOM NEW BLOOD 9
    • Jake Something & Danny Limelight vs. Lorde Crewe & Aaron Williams - DERBY CITY WRESTLING
    • Willow Nightingale vs. Mercedes Mone - NJPW on AXS
    • Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Will Ospreay - NJPW on AXS

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/12/2023 at 03:59 AM

Posting this one early. The last two polls have had single-digit engagement and I chalk that up to me not really knowing what I'm doing / simply not being DEAN... please bear in mind I can't pin/unpin and so the new topic is often below the old one (thanks to the mod staff for helping me out with this).But I'm learning, and I'm probably gonna do a Sunday morning thing if I can help it going forward, since all the best YouTube stuff hits on Sunday and it's hard to process it in a week. Plus I think people liked seeing these polls pop up during the weekend, easier to reflect during the weekend than on a Monday.

I could mope but this whole project is a joyful process when you break it all down and it's funny how a ton of good pro-wrestling can make you feel better. THIS IS ANOTHER GOOD WEEK. DYNAMITE and RAW felt essential.  CMLL, MLW, Main Event and Rampage punched above their weight. The Mei Suruga Anniversary Show + Stardom New Blood 9 are gifts that we should accept graciously. Watching NWA PowerrR has been rough in prior weeks but the free Crockett Cup preshow was long and bountiful and good. I put on Championship Wrestling (from Irvine!) because I thought it was Derby City, but it turned out to be a real good ep and the main event cut the mustard as I've never heard of Michael Hopkins or Miggy Rose and they made immediate impressions on me. I don't even know what to do with my DERBY CITY love. Don't avoid Willow/Mercedes because of the injury - the crowd is very happy, the work is good, and the ankle might not even be broken.

PLEASE VOTE. You can change it later if you feel guilty about not watching Soberano or Danny Limelight or Shibata matches yet! I just appreciate the number going up!

Links:

Spoiler

CMLL Atomo, Chamuel & Micro Angel vs. Micro Gemelo Diablo I, Micro Gemelo Diablo II & Micro Sagrado - https://www.youtube.com/live/mv4ZTDdfwNc?feature=share&t=424

Gatoh Move MEI SURUGA 5th ANNIVERSARY (queued to Ryo Mizunami vs. Miya Yotsuba) - https://youtu.be/h6plNPmH-as?t=563

Derby City (queued to Reed vs. Midas) - https://youtu.be/f5ZAOh4jWNM?t=177

MLW Gringo Loco, John Hennigan & Sam Adonis vs. El Hijo del Vikingo, Psycho Clown & Rey Horus - https://youtu.be/rSRtxZjHr5g?t=2013

Stardom New Blood 9 (title matches) - https://www.youtube.com/live/4Tefbz3Czno?feature=share&t=6960

CMLL Viernes Espectacular - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtVKyJraleg

NWA Truth Magnum & Turbo Floyd vs. ICyon & Jordan Clearwater- https://www.youtube.com/live/8KcPvdUm2Y8?feature=share&t=4288

The Night Two Crockett Cup Pre-Show and the finals of the IWRG World Lucha Libre Championship will be added to next week's poll if you're into all that.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Thanks 2

Raw had some fun stuff, but Miz/Ricochet was the standout for a fine Miz performance. Loved seeing him turn it up a notch for the sake of MITB.

Dug Gigi/Jacy and Hayes/Dar though I think the latter has a better match in in them.

DVR sadly cut off before Statander/Nyla. The stuff before it was fun though it was that OC/Darby vs. GOA match that stood out so much. The Gates showed way more here than they did in any of their AEW work from last year, and Darby/OC were the perfect opponents for them with their ability to pinball for so much. Loved every bit of this match.

Knight/Ford was good, but damn was Brawling Brutes vs. Theory & Pretty Deadly absolutely great. So a molten crowd to go with some damn good action and character bits from all involved. 

Voting for Brutes vs. Theory/PD right now. Will be a hard match to beat, but I still need to catch Rocky/Shibata, Rampage, & CMLL. I can see that Cibernetico giving it a run for its money. 

I thought I was losing it there for a second... upon double-checking, I musta edited the poll wrong because Choices #17 and #36 (or something) had been removed from the poll and I wasn't able to add any more choices because technically I had already made Choice #40, which is the limit. And somehow this managed to deleted the two STARDOM matches that were on the poll when I posted it. This might be some https Invision nonsense at work but I'll keep it in mind.

So I have axed two good but hapless matches and shoved in my favorite two matches from the STARDOM show. Apologies to LA Knight, deeper apologies to assfax, congratulations to Nanae Takahashi.

Tanahashi/Ospreay built into something pretty good even with Tnahashi's limited mobility. Willow/Mercedes felt like it was just getting into second gear when the injury happened. Its a shame as I dug how much Mercedes was bumping around to put Willow over as such a big threat. 

The Rampage title matches were fun but nothing standout. Probably dug Shibata/Moriarty the most.

The minis match from CMLL was a welcome surprise. The minis version of Los Malditos all sport pretty decent athleticism and used it well here for some nice action.

Magia Blanca vs. Fugaz was fun with plenty of good action. Still those two had to be so pissed when Euforia & Stuka Jr. went out and had a similar kind of match every bit as good, if not better, while being twenty years older. The Cibernetico was another good another on though the ending with Rocky felt kind of weird since I'm used to just one winner in these much fo the time.

Still fone with Brutes vs. Theory/PD. I think ti was ahead of everything else by a decent enough margin though I can't complain about the GOA match winning. That was so good and such a nice surprise after feeling kind of lukewarm on the team from their previous AEW performances.
  • Like 1