DVDVR Message Board

Ask Octopus Anything

Octopus

13 hours ago, Octopus said:

Yes, you in the back…yes…ok….I am now at the Applebees. Got a tall Deschutes Fresh Squeeze IPA. I’ll probably have one more. The flood gates have already opened with questions. @The Natural even has one. I will probably get another beer after this so plenty of time. 

Who is the best superhero of all time? It's Batman, naturally (no pun intended).

I hope you're okay, David xxx.

Edited by The Natural

The floor is open for questionS

2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Don't worry. I will call 911.

The oversized, yet unnaturally soft tortilla, piping hot green chili burrito is very likely the hero in this fable. 
Think of it like taking smaller doses of poison to ween themselves off of poison. Like medically smaller amounts of cocaine, or lowering the amount of daily cigarettes, or making tiny cuts across your body and lowering yourself into a bath tub of Tide Detergent instead of the usual handful of Tide Pods, you know the usual drugs. 
Normally this wrapped Green Chili Gas Station Menace coming through your neighborhood you would want to call the police on them, but not last night.

2 hours ago, Matt D said:

How much Jim Breaks have you seen?

This reminds me, the other day I went looking for your and Stacey’s show and couldn’t get it to work. But just now typing it I remembered there was a link issue originally and got it. Very likely a driving relisten this week!

Very little Jim Breaks. He is very likely a Me Guy based on what I’ve read. I’m hoping to dive into more after I fulfill my current NOAH kicking fix.

I love using the PWO GOAT discussions as a resource. When I’m mentally juggling less I’ll post a few reviews over there and slip into wrestler evaluation theory.

What are Jim Breaks matches you think I’d like?

2 hours ago, The Natural said:

Who is the best superhero of all time? It's Batman, naturally (no pun intended).

I hope you're okay, David xxx.

thanks dawg.

I think if the question is greatest oriented, then I think Batman is the answer. Phenomenal story both in origin and arcs, a badass design, arguably the best cast of villains, and is fun in multiple forms of media.

Now if we’re going favorites, then I can ramble on memory and taste. Breaking a favorite down into nostalgia and taste:

I feel I got my love of music and films from my oldest brother showing my the ropes. I got my love of Super Heroes from my middle brother. Yes, I’m the baby. Brother Giraffe and I would always watch the X-Men Animated Series. We loved it! He was big into Storm and ArchAngel. I loved the array of different colorful characters and all the well detailed villains (honestly, villain-wise it’s a coin flip between Batman and X-Men villains, with Spider-Man as a close third). I loved the odd characters like Blob and Toad. Nightcrawler was very cool as well.

We also played the games on the Sega Genesis. X-Men 2 - Clone Wars was very fun. Wolverine, Beast, Nightcrawler. There was another game that I have fond memories of and replayed on an emulator a few years ago, Captain America and The Avengers! You could play as Cap, Vision, Hawkeye, or Ironman and play with multiple people. I was usually Hawkeye and Brother Giraffe would be Vision.

The Spider-Man cartoon is worth mentioning! Great collection of bad guys. Mysterio had an insane look. Doc Oc is of course a very interesting fella. Which reminds me, we also had both a Spider-Man game and a Venom game. 

When we were little my grandpa would take us to Shinders and we’d run to the quarter comic section. Once I got old enough to drive I would go there and dig through the many bins and racks. I would buy them cheap and out of order and then slowly overtime accumulate what was missing from the story. Being able to piece the missing parts and re read them was half the fun. I was always more a Marvel guy, with the acknowledgment that DC had the cooler or bigger names guys (Batman, Superman, Wonder Women) but Marvel had the gripping stories. Well, as I was now digging through I really fell in love with several DC guys. 

My favorite for a good chunk of my teenage to early twenties life, GREEN ARROW! I know, I know, he started off as a Batman rip off. The Arrow Cave. But the writing of Mike Grell and before that with O’Neal was absolutely fantastic. I loved the idea of this bowman in stories that were stripped away from the super powers and was taking on killers and corruption. The Longbow Hunter was wonderful. I loved the 70’s stuff with Green Arrow and Green Lantern. You would have them fighting crime but also having arguments on the concepts of justice and the level of social responsibilities vs right and wrong. A little kid was on the railroad track and almost dies before they save him. Green Latern looks at it like a days work and Green Arrow is enraged that the kid didn’t have a safer place to play. Similar vibe in the Justice League when he’d argue with Hawk Man.

I also loved The Question. Philosophical diatribe against the Riddler is a great concept. He became a little more silly in newer stuff but that is still fun with the conspiracy theories.

Now with the movies, I dip in and out but I’m a big defender of the MCU as a concept and I feel the movies can be very excellent. Often with a social message that becomes an underlying theme of certain movies. I have a few in my top 200

Currently, I need to pick a new favorite. Maybe it is still Green Arrow but I haven’t put the same level of critical thought and inward debate on taste that I have with Films and Wrestling.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

So, guessing it ended up on the outside of you either from a spill, vomitus, or right out the bumhole.

You DID say "ask Octopus anything"...

Spoiler

Not until the morning, luckily. Technically both ends, but happy to say not at the same time. Woke up sweaty and timed it well. Minimal mess. Embarrassing, but my wife was very cool about it. 
I just needed a nice long regret life shower and to get a banana in me so I could take ibruprophen. Once I did that, I got a very short half-nap on the couch with lil Octopus climbing on me. Did the trick.

I felt bad because I was still groggy and lil Octopus was so visibly excited to play with me. So I gave him a big hug and he went to his toys. I wish I wasn’t an idiot so I could have wrestled with him right then and there.

I don’t over do it too much. Maybe once a year when things line up and the issue usually stems from not eating enough like a dummy. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sparkleface said:

By the looks of it, an Applebee's bartender.

I cannot confirm nor deny that I am sponsored by Applebees. What I can confirm is Applebees’ delicious Bourbon street Steaks and ruff and rowdy Cowboy Burgers are a great meal for watching the game, or just stop on in for our margaritas and mozzarella sticks to catch up with the friends of the neighborhood. Maybe grab an order of boneless wings if you’re feeling like having a good night. God bless.

6 minutes ago, Octopus said:

I cannot confirm nor deny that I am sponsored by Applebees. What I can confirm is Applebees’ delicious Bourbon street Steaks and ruff and rowdy Cowboy Burgers are a great meal for watching the game, or just stop on in for our margaritas and mozzarella sticks to catch up with the friends of the neighborhood. Maybe grab an order of boneless wings if you’re feeling like having a good night. God bless.

I think the only Applebee's near me is in the airport unless I go to all the way out to Chesterfield.

Eating good in the terminal doesn't have the same ring to it.

5 minutes ago, Sparkleface said:

I think the only Applebee's near me is in the airport unless I go to all the way out to Chesterfield.

Eating good in the terminal doesn't have the same ring to it.

Yeah, no one wants to drive to Chesterfield.

The beauty of airport dining is you can dress in a suit and act like a big shot out-of-towner. Make up a name, choose an accent, then mid-penne pasta and short tap beer order just fake answer your phone and yell “I need the Johnson Report STAT!…Send the LinkedIn to the Google and I need that Yesterday!” Then go back to being a sweet out-of-towner. Then say to the waitress, “you know, it’s been a long day. Make it a Tall.” And hand her a crisp Five dollar bill.

• Like 1

Just now, Octopus said:

Yeah, no one wants to drive to Chesterfield.

The beauty of airport dining is you can dress in a suit and act like a big shot out-of-towner. Make up a name, choose an accent, then mid-penne pasta and short tap beer order just fake answer your phone and yell “I need the Johnson Report STAT!…Send the LinkedIn to the Google and I need that Yesterday!” Then go back to being a sweet out-of-towner. Then say to the waitress, “you know, it’s been a long day. Make it a Tall.” And hand her a crisp Five dollar bill.

What if I'm fluent in French? Should I just speak French? Really play with their minds?

5 minutes ago, Sparkleface said:

What if I'm fluent in French? Should I just speak French? Really play with their minds?

The goal of the French out-of-tower at the airport Applebees is to casually ask about the various foods in condescending ways and order wines you know they won’t have. Nachos and a Merlot can never be a bad combination.

4 minutes ago, Octopus said:

The goal of the French out-of-tower at the airport Applebees is to casually ask about the various foods in condescending ways and order wines you know they won’t have. Nachos and a Merlot can never be a bad combination.

Je ne parle pas vraiment couramment le français, mais j'en sais assez pour me mettre dans le pétrin. Merci beaucoup, M. Octopus.

25 minutes ago, Sparkleface said:

Je ne parle pas vraiment couramment le français, mais j'en sais assez pour me mettre dans le pétrin. Merci beaucoup, M. Octopus.

omelette du fromage

Edited by Octopus
  • Haha 1