DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUNE 2023

Shad Gaspard is no longer with us, he can’t do it.

Mark Henry could do it. Or Jim Ross.

Cut Tony Khan a break, he’s only just learning to blink on camera.

Gotta shake my head when people pitch Sting as the match-maker. It was fun for a time in TNA, especially when he was beefing with Bobby Roode, but he's expensive. JR probably is too and may be gone soon. 

They're finally going with Jerry Lynn in ROH, so that's a fine in-house solution. Stokely's a bit too much of a character for what we're shooting for. My preference would be Christopher Daniels, but he might still be popping up occasionally as an active wrestler so we're not there yet. Ace Steel would be a funny choice. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Any former worker would be too much of a character to be a modern Jack Tunney. You need like David Crockett. Or Jerry Jarrett if he were still alive. Someone who has no need for character and is just a bland suit to spouse exposition. I had considered BJ Whitmere, but even he gives an air of danger if you wold cross him. Has to be someone with really no TV history and minimal notoriety to make it work. Maybe Danny Cage that runs Monster Factory. Or Tony Chimmel or some such.

Even still, it's basically a lateral move because TK comes off as very nonthreatening like you would want out of an exposition character.

Full disclosure -- I'm considering switching the TV threads to a weekly one like in the WWE folder.  Mainly because dealing with three different threads is gonna be... a lot. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Full disclosure -- I'm considering switching the TV threads to a weekly one like in the WWE folder.  Mainly because dealing with three different threads is gonna be... a lot. 

Seems reasonable to me!

37 minutes ago, Dolfan in NYC said:

Very big fan of this idea. Maybe do the weeks Wednesday-Tuesday for the weekly thread opening/closing since Dynamite is the real start of the AEW week?

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ace said:

Have Nigel do it. He doesn't seem to be too busy.

He's hosting wrestling seminars in the UK a bit:

4 hours ago, Curt McGirt said:

CM Punk being paired with those two drunks amuses me greatly. 

The like their tequila...but I wouldn't call them drunks lol

To be transparent, at the LA show they gave me alot of free tequila lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1