DVDVR Message Board

AEW - JUNE 2023

House Rules results from Tupelo, MS:

Spoiler

Does not appear to be any concession stand brawling.

*Tony Khan opened the show to thank the fans in attendance.

*Britt Baker def. Ruby Soho

*Jay Lethal & Satnam Singh (w/ Jeff Jarrett & Karen Jarrett) def. The Boys

*Max Caster def. Pat Buck with the Mic Drop

*Powerhouse Hobbs def. Shawn Spears

*Hook & The Hardyz def. Preston Vance, Juice Robinson, & Kyle Fletcher when Hook used Redrum on Vance.

*Toni Storm(c) def. Skye Blue after Storm Zero to retain the AEW Women's Championship

*Dax Harwood vs. Daniel Garcia went to a 20 minute Time Limit Draw. Afterwards, Tony Khan came out to announce a sudden death overtime and Dax ended up winning the match after the Piledriver.

*Kris Statlander(c) def. Anna Jay with 450 splash to retain TBS Championship.

*Darby Allin & Orange Cassidy def. Big Bill & Ethan Page

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Kevin Wilson said:

I don't follow Japanese wrestling as closely as I used to, is there a backstory on why Shibata wrestles in AEW but not in New Japan? Since 1/4/22 he has zero New Japan matches and six matches under the AEW umbrella. I know about his injury history of course and why he doesn't wrestle regularly, does New Japan just not feel comfortable using him but don't mind if other promotions do? Is he even officially signed with New Japan or a Freelancer that affiliates with them?

He had what was supposed to be a no striking exhibition match with Ren Narita at Wrestle Kingdom last year but went in and did an actual match against NJPW's wishes, his first match after having his brain removed.  As a result NJPW won't let him wrestle.

He was still working as a trainer for a while but I believe he's completely gone now

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

Juxtapose that with the LA Sports Arena, which sadly doesn't have much history outside of oddly enough pro wrestling. When the Clippers moved to Staples Center and they couldn't get another major tenant, they couldn't wait to tear that piece of shit down. So yeah, you still have to do your job as a venue operator. 

It's on everyone to make this thing work.

The Clippers left in '99. The Sports Arena lasted until Springsteen closed it out in '16.

5 hours ago, Dog said:

DAX HARWOOD WON A SINGLES MATCH

Tony Khan is making himself a character at house shows as an authority figure! That stinks worse than when he's appears on TV in bad pretapes, at press conferences, and hyping Dynamites.

Edited by Johnny Sorrow

9 hours ago, Octopus said:

Guys. Of course you’re both getting heated. Mama Octopus always said at a dinner party you never talk politics, religion, or venue scheduling.

Rats. I'll add the last one to my list of things to only discuss via nailing a sternly worded manifesto to a church door. (Or an arena door?)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

A Trios team consisting of a United Empire guy, a Bullet Club guy, and an Ingobernable? That's unprecedented.

If they want to add some heaters to Bullet Club gold, well apparently Santana is almost ready to come back, and Ortiz disappeared when Eddie Kingston got surgery. So perhaps it's time Bullet Club became Proud and Powerful.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AxB said:

If they want to add some heaters to Bullet Club gold, well apparently Santana is almost ready to come back, and Ortiz disappeared when Eddie Kingston got surgery. So perhaps it's time Bullet Club became Proud and Powerful.

1. He's coming back?! YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES.

2. FUCK THAT. I want King/Santana/Ortiz as the unbreakable trio!!! And "unbreakable" as in "they never break up" because that's covered up by the Bloodline and thousand other tired internal feuds. 

3. Speaking of WWE, guess who got Anderson and Gallows back? 😄 Good job boys, you can keep 'em.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

I must've missed it. But then, it's them, no wonder. 

Still though... October? Damn. Something might be wrong with me too.

I think they’ve been off TV for a bit while AJ has been injured, but am not sure, I’m hit and miss on keeping up with the weekly shows

e: just looking at Gallows cagematch, they disappeared after the Andre battle royal and returned last month

Edited by elizium

The next Dynamite episode matches so far....

Texas tornado tag, Hook and Jack Perry vs. La Faccion Ingobernable, Dralistico and Preston Vance

Ricky Starks vs. Jay White

AEW International Title Match: Orange Cassidy (c) vs. Swerve 

Only few AEW shows left before the brand and roster split, End of an Era 

Dynamite's 200th episode is on 02,08, 2023.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, zendragon said:

The asshole in me when the Texas tornado match was announced “ you mean live every other AEW tag match?”

No, in this match, the combatants can only win with either a discus punch or the Claw.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, Elsalvajeloco said:

...his entire brain?

I read that like Bronson Pinchot in True Romance on the phone with his boss whispering into the phone "You want me to... you want me to suck his dick?"

EDIT: Ugh. Read the lineup for the house show at the top again and we got a Shawn Spears return. Guess he's a tradeoff for getting Santana back. 

Edited by Curt McGirt
  • Haha 4