DVDVR Message Board

Dynamite - 5/31/2023

The Natural

Was playing catch-up with Dynamite last night and JEEEEEZUUUUUSSSS was that response overwhelming. It was like they were waiting all night just to do that and it came out like someone set off a bomb. 

Stat being back is very welcome. That said, I can't remember Nyla winning a match since she got the title way back when the promotion started. Seriously.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Was playing catch-up with Dynamite last night and JEEEEEZUUUUUSSSS was that response overwhelming. It was like they were waiting all night just to do that and it came out like someone set off a bomb. 

Stat being back is very welcome. That said, I can't remember Nyla winning a match since she got the title way back when the promotion started. Seriously.

Agreed on Don Calis/Konosuke Takeshita.

Nyla Rose has won some tag team matches with Marina Shafir on AEW Dark Elevation.

• Like 1

Late to the party in watching this week. Luckily, I have nothing overwhelmingly salient to add to the discussion.

I will simply say that I agree with a few things: Big Bill is low key very good and Swerve is very, very good. The heat for Callis/Takeshita was incredible. Whoever said that Takeshita has the heel glare down was spot on. Bullet Club Gold on the mic were, well, gold. I know they will be adding new members because, that is what Bullet Clubs do, but I am enjoying the Switchblade/Rock Hard dynamic at the moment.

I really like Kris Statlander, so I hate to ask this question. Does it seem like she lands very hard on her knees on the 450? I can't imagine that surgically repaired knees will hold up that kind of repeated abuse, but I would be glad to be proven wrong.

I wasn't a big fan of the main. I am not as vehemently anti-Adam Cole as many seem to be, but I would not go out of my way to see him perform either. Are their any Adam Cole super fans that would like to explain what I'm missing?

• Like 4

Big Bill was kicking ass. He has developed into a really solid big man. What would you do for him in a solo feud? I mean apart from Archer which is an obvious "land of the giants" battle. And I'll give it to Swerve, whether or not I like his style he has the mic skills and especially the facials down. That dude looks both evil and downright scary all the time. What a sneer. Putting him in tags where he gets his partner(s) to take the abuse before he gets to take the advantage is a good use of him. 

Loved seeing Kris back but the Austin kneebraces... *sigh*

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Curt McGirt said:

Big Bill was kicking ass. He has developed into a really solid big man. What would you do for him in a solo feud? I mean apart from Archer which is an obvious "land of the giants" battle. And I'll give it to Swerve, whether or not I like his style he has the mic skills and especially the facials down. That dude looks both evil and downright scary all the time. What a sneer. Putting him in tags where he gets his partner(s) to take the abuse before he gets to take the advantage is a good use of him. 

Loved seeing Kris back but the Austin kneebraces... *sigh*

Solo Big Bill feud against Samoa Joe would be very nice

• Like 3

14 hours ago, punkenhead said:

I wasn't a big fan of the main. I am not as vehemently anti-Adam Cole as many seem to be, but I would not go out of my way to see him perform either. Are their any Adam Cole super fans that would like to explain what I'm missing?

That's pretty doubtful. But there's probably more than a few Adam Cole super-haters who would be glad to remind everybody again (and again) where he stands with them. I can't quite answer to what you're missing, but I can suggest the obvious: his character work and mic skills are terrific. The audiences at large clearly see that too. His heel act is Tom Cruise/Frank TJ Mackey excellence. From my view, his returning babyface act has been pretty good, and a nice refresher. Further, his ring work is generally very solid. He does feel of a WWE style with an unfavourably repetitive arsenal that lacks a certain spontaniety. I also agree with the thinking that he'd benefit from being more of a pesky underdog at his size (tho, I'm not in the bodyshaming camp). I do sense some ring rust and lack of confidence since his return. I thought the Mixed tag from this week's Dynamite was a fun TV match, and a solid bounce back from the rotten PPV outting. I'm happy with Cole's Elite employment somewhere in the upper mid-card, but I do fear his ascent into the current title picture. I think it's best to look on the brightside with Cole as he's gonna be here and pushed for a long, long time to come.

Edited by HarryArchieGus
  • Like 2