DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 5/17/2023

Matt D

On 5/19/2023 at 9:31 PM, Ace said:

Is Los Ingobernables AEW the most useless stable ever? Is SAP more over?

Maybe things with pick up for Los Ingobernables with the return of Andrade. I wouldn't mind seeing Andrade, Rush, and Dralistico challenge House of Black for the trios title. 

59 minutes ago, Matt D said:

RUSH might be the single best part of AEW.

There are definitely some people who could learn heeling from him, and some who could learn intensity.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2023 at 10:06 PM, The Green Meanie said:

The biggest takeaway I had from this episode was Hangman turned his back on The Dark Order. They were there for him the whole time, didn't ask for anything, and he deserted them. Now he's just as big of a Worst Friend(s) as the rest of them.

Maybe Tony is as down on friendship as Vince McMahon.  I mean, he clearly doesn't like "Best Friends" maybe he just hates friendship, too!

8 hours ago, DreamBroken said:

No description available.

Jack Perry earns the respect of RUSH.  I dig it.

Fuck yeah.  Very clever.

I was kinda with that bit of editorializing that was saying that Jack got his lunch ate this week.  But that endorsement turns it in its head.  

NOW when everyone in the 4 way beats the brakes off of him and he looks like a LOSERballs.  Him breaking through the glass ceiling out of the muck with a loud crash could paint a fiery baby face underdog.  

That doesn’t mean you give him the title.  But “you’ll get him next time”. 

• Like 2

On 5/22/2023 at 6:22 AM, DreamBroken said:

No description available.

Jack Perry earns the respect of RUSH.  I dig it.

After the ass-kicking Jungle Boy took from Rush, he better respect him. If Jack wasn't going for the World title on the next PPV, this would have been totally winable match for Rush, and Perry had to pull the tights to get the lucky pin. If there will be a rematch (and there definitely should) and Jungle Perry isn't a champion, I'd expect Rush to get the better of him.

• Like 3

I finally watched the DVR of this and feel like most of my live takes held up. I also finally got to see the ring apron to floor bump that Perry took and yikes, that was even gnarlier than I imagined (not) seeing it live.

That said, I want to apologize to DMD because her forearms were every bit as snug as the rest of the women in that tag-team match, which was every bit as great on DVR as it was live. 

• Like 1