DVDVR Message Board

Double or Nothing V - 5/28/2023

The restaurant was messaged and it’s not a promotion they’re running. Someone literally just printed off a sheet of paper and then stuck it up as some sort of gotcha.

People are fucking weird about wrestling 

• Like 6
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

We've all already heard ticket sales for the show are kinda soft, so what is there to even be gained from presenting such a hoax? I just don't get it. 

They've moved a few thousand more tickets since starting their "4 for $40" promotion a few days ago

https://www.axs.com/events/474303/aew-double-or-nothing-tickets/promos/591639

bWVkaWEvRndzSHVZRlh3QUlTSnhMLmpwZw==

33 minutes ago, John from Cincinnati said:

We've all already heard ticket sales for the show are kinda soft, so what is there to even be gained from presenting such a hoax? I just don't get it. 

I mean you can see from this forum how some people are demented when it comes to AEW, twitter and reddit are even worse. Its totally weird and bizarre to normal people but its what a lot of people do for some reason.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Roughly 800 Twitter likes. Mmm dopamine

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Zakk_Sabbath said:

I'm sure many will point to the show having cooled a bit, but I think there's also something to be said for having exhausted the market having run it so much (not to mention the insane cost of everything, everywhere - I'm sure Vegas is no different, if not worse just due to the nature of, well, Vegas).

Also if you are running an event in Vegas it’s the expectation of people traveling to see it not just locals

On 5/26/2023 at 6:11 PM, matt925 said:

Flights are way up this year. Plus the holiday weekend everything is more expensive. Typically to fly to Vegas from the Bay Area flights are $200. I’m going next month and my flight is $300. This holiday weekend it would be $400. 

A very good point. There will be a price tag, to some lower than others, where you will just look at it, look at your fridge, TV and couch and say "Yeah, I guess the PPV will do, just fine!"

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Shartnado said:

A very good point. There will be a price tag, to some lower than others, where you will just look at it, look at your fridge, TV and couch and say "Yeah, I guess the PPV will do, just fine!"

That’s me right there. I went last year and it was great but I can just watch this one at home. 

• Like 2

I don't know if AEW didn't do a good job of explaining it at first but when Orange did the promo with Rene setting up the match I thought it was a battle royale where the winner would face Orange for the title, not Orange defending in the match

I'd like to see it end up with essentially a singles match between Orange and Jay White.  Could go either way on the finish.  It's a shitty way for Orange to lose, but it's good heat for Jay kinda stealing the title

Could potentially turn into a really good match once they wittle it down to Best Friends, BCG, Ricky, Swerve, Lee etc.

I'm not really that excited for this show.  They usually deliver but I haven't really been into the TV lately and the whole Punk thing feels like a dark cloud over the promotion

2 hours ago, ExcellenceofAirPollution said:

I don't know if AEW didn't do a good job of explaining it at first but when Orange did the promo with Rene setting up the match I thought it was a battle royale where the winner would face Orange for the title, not Orange defending in the match

I'd like to see it end up with essentially a singles match between Orange and Jay White.  Could go either way on the finish.  It's a shitty way for Orange to lose, but it's good heat for Jay kinda stealing the title

Could potentially turn into a really good match once they wittle it down to Best Friends, BCG, Ricky, Swerve, Lee etc.

I'm not really that excited for this show.  They usually deliver but I haven't really been into the TV lately and the whole Punk thing feels like a dark cloud over the promotion

Yep - Dustin's promo on Rampage referred to getting a shot at OC not winning the title itself, which was confusing.

If it is in fact for the title, and they're looking for a way to get the title off OC so he can challenge for the big one, I think one of the Best Friends winning it is probably the way to go.

Although kinda impartial to the visual of all 20 guys squaring up to OC, only for them to break out into their individual feuds, eliminating each other and OC being left with like...QT or something.

Edited by GuerrillaMonsoon

Yeah I think Dustin got a little confused about the rules. I kinda want to see Orange Cassidy do his usual roll into the ring and just as the bell rings he rolls out and lets everyone else fight cause you know...whatevers. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, John from Cincinnati said:

Finally got around to this week’s episode of My World, and Conrad almost got me considering buying this one with talk of how AEW always delivers on PPV and how this is going to be a sleeper great show. That guy has the makings of a decent salesman. 

Honestly, this was a tough decision for me. I’ll likely skip outside of a spur of the moment buy. Build up hasn’t done it for me in a lot of ways. I would prefer Rush beating up MJF. Buuuut, I did drink some zingers with my brother while everyone in the house was taking a nap and will have a family bbq where I will drink more. Last time I was wiggle I still bought a PPV after not fully being sold on it for the very reason that they usually live up to it. Who knows what will happen. I’m gonna grab a Ham’s now that I’m home. Then I’ll have some fancy heavy IPA. Then after putting meat in me will probably want to watch people hit each other charismatically. Unless, someone finds daisuke sekimoto vs. shuji ishikawa BJW from March 2015, maybe I’ll AEW. Or I could get more hammered and watch an ~art film~ or write stuff. Or get even more hammered and go on a walk and cry. 

• Like 4

I'll be checking out Double or Nothing at the movies.

I managed to make it into the theatre with a six pack of Cape May Brewing Co. Hard Lemonade. I'm ready for the show.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Like 4