DVDVR Message Board

AEW Dynamite - 5/10/2023

Matt D

28 minutes ago, Zimbra said:

If I have one complaint it's that they shouldn't have put Anna Jay/Julia Hart on the show if they were going to do that main event

I thought their match overdelivered.  Credit to them. I was expecting a mess.  Also, Anna Jay... I'm going to place myself in the 'Settle Down' section over here.  No comment!

• Like 7

There's some delightfully prowrestling irony to the fact that the only match featuring a ton of interference and a fuck finish was the match with the cage [which is, of course, (theoretically) meant to prevent interference].

Genuinely, thoroughly, enjoyed the whole two hours. I soda'd several times.

Cannot choose between Claudio vs Fenix or Orange vs Garcia for my MOTN. Both were such a great mix of wrestling, action, and character work. I did NOT foresee Garcia being the one to get into Orange's head! Claudio is a GREAT bully.

I soda'd hard both times a flying luchadore got swatted out of the air. 

Edited by Gordlow
  • Like 7
  • Haha 5

13 minutes ago, Niners Fan in CT said:

Cage match was bonkers.  I really enjoyed it.  It was brutal and it didn't veer too left into Mox's goofiness. It was the right balance.  

Overall the show was very entertaining and it was nice to see Miro and Thunder Rosa back.  

I'm sorry, on what planet is it Mox that was gonna make this match goofy and not Twinkletoes' antics?

Overall I really dug this show. Orange Cassidy is so damn good. Whoever finally takes the title off of him is gonna be MADE. 

I have really gotten to where I enjoy Bandido. Dude is a star. Also, they have really ironed out a lot of the kinks in HOB's presentation. I'm a big fan of those guys. 

MOTHERFUCKING MIRO!

Adam Cole should be banned from every arena. Sorry, @LF2. Wrestling is for the grown men.

I really dug Christian's promo. That dude is so polished. His instincts regarding delivery are so razor sharp. He's phenomenal. 

Ricky Starks comes off as a huge star even in pretapes. I'm starting to think he might go over Switchblade. 

MOTHERFUCKING THUNDER ROSA!

I dug the main event, but I again resent being told that any of the Elite guys (save Hangman) could stand toe to toe with the BCC. There is no situation in which I believe it's plausible that Mox needs saving from Kenny Omega in a steel cage scenario. Same thing with the Bucks coming out and throwing Claudio and Yuta around. I get that as an EVP the temptation to book yourself as Cordell Walker on CBS must be overwhelming, but at what point does the suspension of disbelief run out? No one's ever been superkicked in a real fight, and since we know that the Bucks got their shit pushed in by the very worst MMA fighter of all time, all it does is kill BCC's credibility to have to stand there and act like anything the Elite does hurts even a little bit.

Edited by just drew
Wanted to shit on the alleged "Elite" a little more.
  • Like 2

HA! We were talking about pizza in the Discord and Dynamite was in Little Caesar's Arena. That's great.

It looks like Fenix doesn't wanna look like a chump or old news in comparison to new guys like Bandido, Vikingo and especially Komander so now he's busting out the rope switching bounces and a barricade run. It's funny to see him shoot nail Claudio with the thrust kick then completely whiff on the corner kick. Then the next two thrust kicks are just as nasty. Claudio has figured out his distance to make the BCC elbows look good, and of course he's the perfect base. Great match. 

I know they gotta sell the matches but there were way too many video packages on this one. 

Man, Satnam looks fly in the purple suit (minus overcoat). It's the exact opposite of JAS' terrible wardrobe tonight. Love the legit look of worry on Jarrett and Lethal's face even though the piledriver might work out in their favor. 

Yeah, this was a real good show. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Curt McGirt said:

Love the legit look of worry on Jarrett and Lethal's face even though the piledriver might work out in their favor. 

I just love the idea that if you thrust a man into Dax Harwood's crotch, he'll piledrive him by instinct. It's a natural reflex!

• Like 5
  • Haha 7

3 minutes ago, tbarrie said:

I just love the idea that if you thrust a man into Dax Harwood's crotch, he'll piledrive him by instinct. It's a natural reflex!

We were all teenagers once.

Edited by John E. Dynamite
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Casey said:

You, calling Omega “Twinkletoes”.

I don't listen to Cornette. Also, I think it's funny that you think that's the only reason someone would refer to Kenneth as "Twinkletoes," rather than, you know, the business exposing tapdancing between spots where selling might be more appropriate...

Look,  I like Mox as much as anyone else but if I see two guys out in the street and one is built like Omega and the other is built like Mox,  I'm not going to automatically think either one of them has an advantage.  One guy looks pretty built, is in great shape and very athletic and the other guy looks like a no-nonsense bruiser who is also is decent enough shape.  

I gave those ridiculous comments way too much thought.  I feel like Cornette's co-host now when he's trying to rein the show in after wild hyperbole and trolling. 

• Like 2

Boooooo Rosa.

Also, hear me out on this, Don isn't joining the BCC. I saw that turn coming a mile away, he stood in the ring far too long. It totally makes sense, the Worst Friends let all of their associates (Brandon, Naka, Don, etc) get beat up but were no where to make the save, Don finally had enough of it. However, again, this is an attempt to make The Elite seem sympathetic and get me to boo the BCC, which isn't going to happen!

I LOVED that they had an announcement from Tony....about an upcoming announcement! I think this is in regards to the upcoming split/new show.

Edited by The Green Meanie

3 minutes ago, just drew said:

I don't listen to Cornette. Also, I think it's funny that you think that's the only reason someone would refer to Kenneth as "Twinkletoes," rather than, you know, the business exposing tapdancing between spots where selling might be more appropriate...

Oh, so it was your own idea to call him a gay slur. In that case, you can get ALL the way fucked.

What the fuck is wrong with you? NOW is the time you choose to do this?

Edited by Dog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 6

if Miro's actually back, the funniest way to handle his situation would be for him to act like he didn't just disappear for a year with no solid explanation.

Congrats to Miro on completing his CIA secret mission that kept him out of AEW.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I feel like Don Callis needs a monster tag team to protect him. The Iron Savages, formerly Bear Country should be that team. I don't think they're ALL ELITE, but they should be. 

whatever team he ends up with should dress like CMLL Kurrgan (black trenchcoat and awesome hats) during the glorious Kurrgan vs Gigante Silva feud.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Curt McGirt said:

Bulgaria is way too far from Ukraine and Russia for a CIA mission. Maybe he could have been looking in on Erdogan?

it's also possible that Miro is single-handedly designing the video game and that's why it's taking so long

• Haha 3