DVDVR Message Board

NJPW Dominion 2023 *contains NJPW Wrestle Dontaku spoilers*

The Natural

4th June. C&P from f4wonline.com.

Here is the lineup so far for Dominion:

IWGP World Heavyweight title: SANADA defends against Yota Tsuji.

NEVER Openweight title: David Finlay defends against El Phantasmo.

IWGP Tag Team titles: Aussie Open defend against EVIL & Yujiro Takahashi and Bishamon (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI).

NJPW World Television title: Zack Sabre Jr. defends against Jeff Cobb.

Winner gets future United States title match: Lance Archer vs. either Hiroshi Tanahashi or Will Ospreay.

Never seen a Yota Tsuji match before. Much rather see the Aussie Open vs. Bishamon rematch than fucking House of Torture stinking things up.

• 3 weeks later...

Aussie Open have had to vacate both their titles due to an injury to Mark Davis. No word on what the injury is, or how bad it is but they cannot make the Dominion show so from what I understand, Bishamon vs House of Torture is a decision match for the IWGP Tag Team Titles only (initially it seemed like it was announced for both sets ,but today's card change announcement only indicates one) 

Really gutted for Aussie Open, just a really shitty run of a few days for NJPW with injuries (Ishimori, Mone, Davis). I understand the decision match, but do wish Kyle partnered with another UE member to keep it from being a straight 2 vs 2 HoT match (O-Khan or Henare). 

Edited by Horangi
Tag Title clarification
  • Sad 2

NJPW's had quite the injury bug in the past few years: Tetsuya Naito (knee), Will Ospreay (neck), Hiromu Takahashi (pectoral), Mark Davis (knee), Taji Ishimori (neck), Kota Ibushi (shoulder), Hiroshi Tanahashi (rib), Eddie Kingston (hernia). Probably missing others.

NJPW BOTSJ 30 SPOILERS:

Spoiler

Master Wato wins BOTSJ 30 and a shot at the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship beating Titan. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion, Hiromu Takahashi confronted Wato afterwards. NJPW Dominion is probably the destination of Takahashi/Wato.

Kazuchika Okada/Hiroshi Tanahashi/Tomohiro Ishii will defend the NEVER Openweight Championship vs. Jon Moxley/Claudio Castagnoli/Shota Umino. Hell of a match there. Claudio's NJPW debut. Mox's first match in Japan since 2020.

Edited by The Natural
  • Like 1

Full card. C&P from f4wonline.com:

NJPW Dominion, Sunday, June 4, 3 a.m. Eastern time on NJPW World --

IWGP World Heavyweight Championship: SANADA defends against Yota Tsuji

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Championship: Hiromu Takahashi defends against BOSJ winner Master Wato

NEVER Openweight Six-Man Tag Team Championship: Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi & Tomohiro Ishii defend against Jon Moxley, Claudio Castagnoli & Shota Umino

NEVER Openweight Championship: David Finlay defends against El Phantasmo

Bishamon (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI) vs. House of Torture (EVIL & Yujiro Takahashi) for the vacant IWGP Tag Team & NJPW Strong Openweight Tag Team Championships

NJPW World TV Championship: Zack Sabre Jr. defends against Jeff Cobb

IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Championship: KUSHIDA & Kevin Knight defend against TJP & Francesco Akira

Tetsuya Naito, Shingo Takagi, BUSHI & Titan vs. Taichi, TAKA Michinoku, DOUKI & Yoshinobu Kanemaru

IWGP US title number one contender's tournament finals: Will Ospreay vs. Lance Archer

Dark match: Young Lion gauntlet -- Oskar Leube vs. Ryohei Oiwa, Boltin Oleg & Yuto Nakashima

The G1 Climax 33 competitors will also be unveiled at Dominion. The G1 will take place from July 15 to August 13. 

• Like 1

It's great how NJPW usually starts around 7-8am UK time. So refreshing compared to:

WWE RAW: 1am-4am Tuesday morning.

WWE NXT: 1am-3am Wednesday morning.

AEW Dynamite: 1am-3am Thursday morning.

WWE Smackdown: 1am-3am Saturday morning.

AEW Rampage: 1am-3am Saturday morning.

UFC PPVs: 3am-6am Sunday morning.

WWE PPVs: 1am-5am Sunday or Monday morning.

AEW PPVs: 1am-5am Sunday or Monday morning.

You have to be insane/hardcore to watch live.

Edited by The Natural

41 minutes ago, lostinube said:

Hey Canada, you are getting Okada vs Danielson.

39 minutes ago, SturmCRF said:

I am very happy to be going to Canada for that show. Ospreay vs Omega, Danielson vs Okada, fuuuuuuck. Even expecting any other matches to be announced seems greedy.

15 minutes ago, Casey said:

Quick, someone check on @The Natural!!

My fucking dream match, Bryan Danielson vs. Kazuchika Okada. I'm so fucking happy and pumped, guys and gals. Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

• Like 3

Spoiler

Not a long main event, but Tsuji looked like a beast in defeat. It will be interesting to see his arc as LiJ haven't really accepted him. Crowd was hot though, even if they had no idea on what Tsuji's moveset and spots are.

I may be in a total minority, but I love the new Bullet Club being LA Dojo guys with a chip on their shoulder being violent. 

• Like 6

Spoiler

I don't know what it is about Umino that I can't get into. It seems like the crowd doesn't buy that he can beat the likes of Okada and Naito whereas tonight it really seemed like the crowd was behind Tsuji from the get go and if he won would have gone for it wholeheartedly. I don't think it's a SANADA thing either because they right back with him after the match finished.

Spoiler

That was a stunning performance from Tsuji.  They can go ahead and put the belt on him whenever they want, in my opinion.  He's already there.  

Alex Coughlin is going to blow people away, especially now that he has been unleashed, as it were.  The new Bullet Club guys being LA Dojo-centric is fine, as I always expected they wanted to bring them in as a group somehow, and this way works as well as any other one.  

ZSJ and ELP are really massively over.  I wonder how far they will go in the G1 this time around.  

I love how we didn't get Danielson in the G1, but still got him anyway.  Bravo.  

• Like 4